ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson Declaring without an agent

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...7-nba-draft-after-deadline-for-underclassmen/

Frank ranked 64th on top 75 prospects list, that only has 5 international players on the entire list (15 of the 60 players drafted last year were from International teams).. 25 guards are ranked ahead of him.. this writer should be out of a job if Frank is a 1st round pick.

*EDIT: Nevermind, this writer should be fired.. he has Kennedy Meeks ranked #32, right between Harry Giles and Semi Ojeleye.

Last edited:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...7-nba-draft-after-deadline-for-underclassmen/

Frank ranked 64th on top 75 prospects list, that only has 5 international players on the entire list (15 of the 60 players drafted last year were from International teams).. 25 guards are ranked ahead of him.. this writer should be out of a job if Frank is a 1st round pick.

*EDIT: Nevermind, this writer should be fired.. he has Kennedy Meeks ranked #32, right between Harry Giles and Semi Ojeleye.
Kennedy Meeks has NBA size...

Reactions: PixelDevil
Seriously, Meeks survives if you go back to traditional pf. If he plays in Memphis, Sac, NO, Brooklyn, or Utah he has a chance to be a NBA player.

If Jackson elects to stay in the draft he will be taken. Maybe not in the first round, but he'll be drafted.

Also, Jackson has earned the right to be somewhat 'selfish' here. It's his career. Of course he's not 'ready' for the NBA, but how many truly are ready? He might be prepared to take his shot. He shouldn't be blasted for it.

Like I said above....let's let this whole thing play out. Testing the waters is beneficial. I do think Duke and K were probably able to gather enough information from their connections to assure Frank it's a possibility. Now he's taking advantage of the process. Step away from your fandom long enough to realize that.

My son lives about 10 miles or so from Frank's hometown in Utah and there is no talk of Frank seriously staying in the draft. His dad is pretty well known in the area and doesn't fit the description of a meddling dad. People myself included and I'm probably one of the worst tend to speculate. That's not good because only speaking for myself I usually speculate wrong. Perhaps Frank just wants to find out where he does stand and what he needs to do to become a lottery pick in 2018 or 2019. I don't think Frank is the type of athlete who wants or expects things given to him even a starting position for Duke. I hope he comes back and despite who is at Duke or who not is at Duke next year they are going to have to take Frank's pt away from him and I don't believe he is the type to just give it up. I believe he is a total team player and whatever Coach K ask him to do he will do it. I feel not speculate that we will be calling him Captain Jackson this upcoming season. OFC

Sky per Jackson I would love to see Frank in Durham again this year! Multitude of reasons:
A/ Experience
B/Talent
C/Great kid (Coaches Award!)

Ideally, if we get Duval that doesnt run Frank off and he comes back and we have quite a 2-3 w/Grayson and Jackson...

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
My son lives about 10 miles or so from Frank's hometown in Utah and there is no talk of Frank seriously staying in the draft. His dad is pretty well known in the area and doesn't fit the description of a meddling dad. People myself included and I'm probably one of the worst tend to speculate. That's not good because only speaking for myself I usually speculate wrong. Perhaps Frank just wants to find out where he does stand and what he needs to do to become a lottery pick in 2018 or 2019. I don't think Frank is the type of athlete who wants or expects things given to him even a starting position for Duke. I hope he comes back and despite who is at Duke or who not is at Duke next year they are going to have to take Frank's pt away from him and I don't believe he is the type to just give it up. I believe he is a total team player and whatever Coach K ask him to do he will do it. I feel not speculate that we will be calling him Captain Jackson this upcoming season. OFC

Whether skysdad is right or wrong about Frank or his dad, it is an obviously reminder that none of us actually know these kids or their families.

Too many people are ready to point fingers at family members, outside influences or a kids weaknesses when they make a choice that most of us would make in the same situation. I read it on here with Bolden, Jackson as well as many others who never deserved it, no matter what their final choice was.

I must be getting old because my honest suggestion is to just try and enjoy watching and following Duke basketball. As fans we are so incredibly lucky.

Whether skysdad is right or wrong about Frank or his dad, it is an obviously reminder that none of us actually know these kids or their families.

Too many people are ready to point fingers at family members, outside influences or a kids weaknesses when they make a choice that most of us would make in the same situation. I read it on here with Bolden, Jackson as well as many others who never deserved it, no matter what their final choice was.

I must be getting old because my honest suggestion is to just try and enjoy watching and following Duke basketball. As fans we are so incredibly lucky.

Thats true, we are so very lucky. However I think part of the fun is the speculating, hypothesizing about line-ups, rosters, etc...Lol

OFC

Seriously, Meeks survives if you go back to traditional pf. If he plays in Memphis, Sac, NO, Brooklyn, or Utah he has a chance to be a NBA player.

Let's be for real, those teams only play in bigs because they have good bigs. Meeks CANNOT play 5 in the league. And 4s with way more skill and athlicism get abused in the NBA...Meeks won't make it.

Let's be for real, those teams only play in bigs because they have good bigs. Meeks CANNOT play 5 in the league. And 4s with way more skill and athlicism get abused in the NBA...Meeks won't make it.

Agree but how in the world did meeks get on this thread. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT