ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson Declaring without an agent

As I said earlier in the month on the board my source says this is all his dad pushing him to declare. Not a suprise based on what I have heard all month.

This will be a huge mistake if he decides to stay in the draft. This draft is loaded with guys just like him.

It's fine. Hopefully this just means he's taking advantage of the opportunity to hear more draft feedback and what the scouts think he needs to improve upon. I'm surprised Grayson isn't doing the same thing.

If he does indeed go then this would be one of the dumbest decisions since William Avery

Well if the morons telling him he should stay in the draft want it that bad and he listens to them then more power to them

Biggest mistake since William Avery but if he doesn't want to be apart of the team then good Riddence

good luck to him whatever he decides, but this move has me going

nick%20young%20meme_zpsyvcfxrvu.png

JakariiWell-Known Member
"Sorry to say he has signed. Not sure why the report is just saying testing or why it has taken this long to announce this."

This guy from the Rivals Message Board says that he has signed with an agent though other reports are saying Frank hasn't. This guy claims he is from the same hometown as Frank in Utah. He has been saying this for a while now. Hope it is not true.

JakariiWell-Known Member
"Sorry to say he has signed. Not sure why the report is just saying testing or why it has taken this long to announce this."

This guy from the Rivals Message Board says that he has signed with an agent though other reports are saying Frank hasn't. This guy claims he is from the same hometown as Frank in Utah. He has been saying this for a while now. Hope it is not true.

Well if true then just plain stupid decision

Hope he enjoys playing overseas somewhere

Reactions: youngman42
Whatever at this point, dude seems to be listening to all the wrong people. Enjoy playing for the greensboro swarm, i'd rather watch players that want to be at duke

JakariiWell-Known Member

He's referring to Frank's insurance agent. He signed with State Farm.

Does anyone have Duke 247. Just saying a relative and staff thinks he returns. Hope insiders hear are hearing the same thing.

Just seems to me to be no good answer or one to blame. The times we're in with the talent Duke is getting year after year. I'm not blaming Coach K either. He's been surprised in the past with a kid leaving, and had no one in place to take over. Last season was a perfect example with Thornton leaving. Now Jackson may be gone, and could it be that he's uncomfortable with the possibility of Duval coming in taking time away from him? Without Duval, Duke had Allen, Trent, Jackson, White, and O'Connell. All guys that are similar size as he is. Maybe he says 'screw' this and leaves. Duke is recruiting top talent year after year, and if a kid stays, there's a good possibility a 5 star kid is coming in that plays the same position as he does. These kids are also not dumb, they know how many plays each game too. At least one guard will play less than he expects

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm amazed by this news!! I think he is probably just going through the process and will be back, but just even him entertaining the thought of going to the NBA right now is just silly.

Just seems to me to be no good answer or one to blame. The times we're in with the talent Duke is getting year after year. I'm not blaming Coach K either. He's been surprised in the past with a kid leaving, and had no one in place to take over. Last season was a perfect example with Thornton leaving. Now Jackson may be gone, and could it be that he's uncomfortable with the possibility of Duval coming in taking time away from him? Without Duval, Duke had Allen, Trent, Jackson, White, and O'Connell. All guys that are similar size as he is. Maybe he says 'screw' this and leaves. Duke is recruiting top talent year after year, and if a kid stays, there's a good possibility a 5 star kid is coming in that plays the same position as he does. These kids are also not dumb, they know how many plays each game too. At least one guard will play less than he expects

He may say "screw this" as you say and I am I only doing hypothetical: If Duval commits he gets the keys, right? Ok then Frank doesnt get the chance to play PG, the one position he is best suited for at next level.Does he really benefit by returning to us next year if thats his mission, play PG in the NBA??? JMO

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
"Frank has always wanted to be in the NBA," his father, Al, told The Tribune in a phone interview. "He went to Duke for a variety of reasons, and we absolutely made the right decision. If he had gone anywhere else, we wouldn't have had to struggle with this decision. Frank would've been a one-and-done player with no doubt."

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5091427-155/nba-dukes-frank-jackson-a-lone

Jackson informed Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski of his decision to test the waters on Saturday night, after informing the NBA of his intentions. Al Jackson described the conversation with Krzyzewski as positive.

"The door is definitely open for Frank to return," Al Jackson said. "Frank still may very well go back."

The family said they received feedback from the NBA and a variety of league sources, and enough teams expressed interest for Jackson to throw his name in the draft.

"It's clear to us enough teams consider Frank an NBA player," Al Jackson said. "He has superior athleticism, he has high character and he has a high basketball IQ."

Al Jackson said his son — who starred at Lone Peak for three seasons after attending Lehi as a freshman — has long been a Utah Jazz fan and hopes to secure a pre-draft workout with the organization. Jackson also hopes for an invite to the NBA's pre-draft combine, which will be held in Chicago in May.

why would he come off the bench? he'd prolly start at the 2 and allen the 3. And if he's leaving because an 18 year old with 0 college expierence then he MUST be ready for the nba

Sound like he basically said testing the waters and said he hopes to he tinvite. So he knows it's testing the waters and then very well may be back sound good to me that he will

But was that a hit to duke saying if he went somewhere else he would have been one and done ?

This is a joke. Always seemed like a great kid/teammate but this move is beyond ridiculous. What is going on with this program where everyone feels the need to declare or transfer?? There must have been some real bad lockroom chemistry. Just my opinion

Reactions: jamsession3
Jackson is testing the waters he likely
Is back. Jeter can't blame him with talent coming in Carter and Bolden returning

This is a joke. Always seemed like a great kid/teammate but this move is beyond ridiculous. What is going on with this program where everyone feels the need to declare or transfer?? There must have been some real bad lockroom chemistry. Just my opinion
I'm with u on this one

If he does indeed go then this would be one of the dumbest decisions since William Avery

Well if the morons telling him he should stay in the draft want it that bad and he listens to them then more power to them

Avery was first round. Avery just never worked on his game.

I think if Duval comes he's gone...If Duval doesn't he may be back??

In theory Duval is going to get the keys and now Grayson is back also...Duval is going to be starting at the position Frank needs to showcase for NBA consideration...He isn't going to come back to sit the bench and be a role player/Backup IMO...when he can go to the NBA...

I agree it's probably not the best decision, but unfortunately it's the world we live in.....

I hope he returns...but knowing kids today and their parents....I would be suprised.

From the way it sounds and everything I am hearing He will not be back. Everyone on here was telling me how stupid I was when I posted earlier this month that he had one foot out the door. My source has been spot on with everything he has told me and I will believe him on this topic as well. Good luck to Frank in the league. I think this is a mistake but it is his mistake to make.

Didn't you also say Allen, Kennard and Jackson wouldn't be back and that it would happen in consecutive days?

From the way it sounds and everything I am hearing He will not be back. Everyone on here was telling me how stupid I was when I posted earlier this month that he had one foot out the door. My source has been spot on with everything he has told me and I will believe him on this topic as well. Good luck to Frank in the league. I think this is a mistake but it is his mistake to make.

Lmfao.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT