ADVERTISEMENT

Emoni Bates Arrested

I'm not gonna prejudge the way our LX team was. That prejudgement messed up a lot of lives. Even if he ran the intersection and it was his car and weapon it's not like he had a shootout with law enforcement. I wonder what percent of us carry weapons in our car. If he is guilty of something then may justice prevail. I'm not trying to make your thread not an issue The_Only_ Blue I just still have a bad taste in my mouth with mike nifong and false accusations going back to the Duke LX team. OFC

I'm not gonna prejudge the way our LX team was. That prejudgement messed up a lot of lives. Even if he ran the intersection and it was his car and weapon it's not like he had a shootout with law enforcement. I wonder what percent of us carry weapons in our car. If he is guilty of something then may justice prevail. I'm not trying to make your thread not an issue The_Only_ Blue I just still have a bad taste in my mouth with mike nifong and false accusations going back to the Duke LX team. OFC
Amen. Too much pre-judging goes on and everyone is GUILTY before the facts come out, unfortunately. The Duke Volleyball team fiasco was a perfect case of it this year. I would have thought the Duke AD and others would have remembered the Duke LX team before jumping to conclusions rather than just assuming someone was guilty when there was zero proof of any slurs being used. Hell, even Duke teammates said they didn't hear anything at the volleyball game. But hey, the sexy story is "slurs used" and that's what people run with, screw the facts. Everyone in the media had egg on their face as they tarnished the Duke LX team when that BS turned out to be all garbage. This Duke volleyball BS is no different. And I'm a DUKE fan! But hell, you can't just believe every rumor you hear. Facts matter, witnesses mater, proof matters.

As for this young guy, his attorney says he borrowed a car that had a gun in it. I haven't borrowed a car since I was a teenager and I didn't look through the car when I got it for an hours use. That was 22 years ago.... Things happen, life is not perfect, and I will assume, as we all should, that he is innocent until proven otherwise. If the facts show he didn't own or know about the firearm, then give the kid a break.

I understand not to judge until more facts come out however I believe this is a little different than a he said she incident like the lacrosse or the recent volleyball incident. Unless his "friend" comes forward and claims the gun which was altered (assuming serial number removed) he's going to have to take the hit. We'll see what happens but this just compounds all the issues with him lately. Hopefully he gets it together some day

As long as the car isn’t registered to him and the gun was not found on his persons or under the driver seat ain’t much to this matter out side of the altered serial number should the atf become interested.

Reactions: jamsession3
I don't like guns. I've had some rough jobs including making deliveries in Detroit 15 to 20 years ago. I had all the permits needed to carry a gun in North Carolina. I was completely illegal with two guns in my truck in Detroit. I hated it, but it was completely necessary. I don't know anything about this case, but a blemish on the record is infinitely better than infinity in the cemetery

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT