ADVERTISEMENT

E.J Montgomery

this is good for bolden and our guys that are already here

EJ is a good player, but he wasn't a massive upgrade wrt defense and rebounding compared to what Javin alone will provide, much less Bolden.
We won't need any nuanced scoring from our 5 next year. Rebounding, defense, and opportunistic offense is all we'll need.
Really, if the C can defend the rim and we are a lock for the Elite 8 at the very least.

Anyone else wanna see and think Sr BIG Vrank can get 10 mins a game backing up Bolden at the Center spot or will Javin play backup to MB even though he isnt really a C

I'd also love for Jack White to possibly sneak some minutes next season...especially if Duke is unable to land Cremo

Last edited:
Anyone else wanna see and think Sr BIG Vrank can get 10 mins a game backing up Bolden at the Center spot or will Javin play backup to MB even though he isnt really a C

I'd also love for Jack White to possibly sneak some minutes next season...especially if Duke is unable to land Cremo

Jack should back up Zion while Javin should back up Marques. Vrank won't play

I would love Duke to get SKJ - i thought he was solid and would really help the class balance

Hard pass IMO. If he'd do what he should do, as you say, he'd really help. But he's a PF that needs to specialize in the "dirty work" of the post, ie rebounding and defense. I think he wants to be a focal point of the offense and jack up 3s.

Hard pass IMO. If he'd do what he should do, as you say, he'd really help. But he's a PF that needs to specialize in the "dirty work" of the post, ie rebounding and defense. I think he wants to be a focal point of the offense and jack up 3s.

I'm certainly not an expert on SKJ (as i only saw them play a few times) but i thought he was solid on D and tried to block out generally. He only took 1 three-pointer last year so i'm confused why he'd come to duke thinking he'd shoot a ton of 3's. Maybe he wanted to shoot 3's and Cal didn't let him? i again don't know a ton about him save a few games i watched

I think if he played for Duke next year there wouldn't be a ton of room for him, but with losing so many people next year (i'd assume at least 3 of the 4 freshman, maybe all 4 and bolden) he'd be nice to have coming in to a class that has no bigs at all (only AOC and goldwire).

I still think he might work out and i hope he gets a look.

I'm certainly not an expert on SKJ (as i only saw them play a few times) but i thought he was solid on D and tried to block out generally. He only took 1 three-pointer last year so i'm confused why he'd come to duke thinking he'd shoot a ton of 3's. Maybe he wanted to shoot 3's and Cal didn't let him? i again don't know a ton about him save a few games i watched

I think if he played for Duke next year there wouldn't be a ton of room for him, but with losing so many people next year (i'd assume at least 3 of the 4 freshman, maybe all 4 and bolden) he'd be nice to have coming in to a class that has no bigs at all (only AOC and goldwire).

I still think he might work out and i hope he gets a look.

Nah. He didn't play much at UK this past year as he was passed in the rotation by a lot of frosh, many of whom were, at best, passable.
He's an OK rebounder, but not a very good defender. And he see's himself as a face-up 4 (really a perimeter based 3 if he's honest about it). A year off where some coach can wake him up to reality would be great for him. Because he won't be eligible next year. Unless they allow for immediate transfer eligibility this year, and didn't think that was in the books for THIS season.

It was a legitimate question, not sure why your butt hurt?

He's butt hurt because UK got EJ and all we got was #1 #2 and #3 along with the top PG in the country. He'll settle, don't worry bout him little fella.

Thanks a lot grammar police. Was seriously just asking a question.

See you guys in November. Can’t get here soon enough.
Do u not have a life in the summertime or something?! Already wishing November was here. SMH

It was a legitimate question, not sure why your butt hurt?
Dude, you have a lot of nerve to come to Duke's board talking about or even mentioning butt hurt. Apparently you never read RR at all. Constant flow of butt hurt on everything that involves Duke, from media attention to top recruits. You KY meat sticks are so delusional, I almost feel sorry for you.

EJ is a good player, but he wasn't a massive upgrade wrt defense and rebounding compared to what Javin alone will provide, much less Bolden.
We won't need any nuanced scoring from our 5 next year. Rebounding, defense, and opportunistic offense is all we'll need.
Really, if the C can defend the rim and we are a lock for the Elite 8 at the very least.

I agree Yates. I think Bolden gives us that more then EJ.

You no longer have the top point guard in the country.
Yea I know how much recruiting rankings mean so much to you guys. Have fun with that. Us Duke fans care about getting to the final four and trying to bring home some hardware. Crawl back over to your crap board and celebrate if it means that much to you fools!

Yea I know how much recruiting rankings mean so much to you guys. Have fun with that. Us Duke fans care about getting to the final four and trying to bring home some hardware. Crawl back over to your crap board and celebrate if it means that much to you fools!
Doesn’t every school care about that? Other than Kansas, they just care about big twelve championships.

I agree Yates. I think Bolden gives us that more then EJ.

I sincerely think a junior Javin will be as good as EJ SOLELY in the areas of rebounding and defense. Well, Javin will be as good or better on D, but probably worse on the boards, than EJ. But that is what Duke needs more than another scorer next year. And, as you said, Bolden is an upgrade from Javin.

Reactions: christophero
Just committed to Kentucky
Yea a UK fan just let me know this morning. Bragging about it. I was like so what?! That’s cool. Went to KSR website to see if it was true and found out it was true, but also saw this article. Lol! I can’t believe how excited they get anymore when they beat out Duke for a recruit. http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/hold-this-l-coach-k/

2 things happened with EJ. K cooled a little on him and then he flat out was concerned about where Zion was playing. He didn’t necessarily see a starting role with the guys. Anyone afraid of competition and having to earn your spot, well it’s probably a good thing he decided not to go to Cameron. It’s earned not given at Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT