ADVERTISEMENT

E.J Montgomery

If Bolden comes back that is much better.

I really hope Bolden comes back. I thought he had a productive season and I don't think he had transfer body language. I just think he's pretty laid back and doesn't go ballistic when he's on the bench and a team mate makes a dunk. OFC

Reactions: christophero
Let EJ go to Kentucky. We don’t really need him. Javin and Jack White can come off the bench at the 4 and 5. We play our starters big minutes so it’s not like he will play a lot. I’m 2019-2020 we will bring in about 3 big men anyway

I think Javin and even Vrank backing him up could hold the fort if that happens. But it won't be ideal.

Why would Montgomery go to U.K. with all of these guys returning:

- Richards
- SKJ
- Gabriel
- Washington
- Vanderbilt

Hard to get PT with that core.
Because except for Gabriel, not one of those guys (even if they all return) can shoot outside of 15 feet. In a recent interview Cal said that moving forward he won't recruit a player unless he can shoot. From what I've read, Montgomery can hit the 3.

Why would Montgomery go to U.K. with all of these guys returning:

- Richards
- SKJ
- Gabriel
- Washington
- Vanderbilt

Hard to get PT with that core.

Said it before. If Vanderbilt and/or Richards leave then EJ goes to UK. You add Gabriel possibly leaving instead of Richards and it would actually make more sense for EJ since he likes shooting from outside. He’d be a fool to go to UK if just one of the above left considering the playing time he could get at Duke.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Well damn man, don’t hate on these guys because they didn’t win the championship. They got kind of close. It’s not like we had an embarrassing season or something. We did better than those UNC bastards.

I'm not hating at all. I understand Bagley leaving he came in got what he wanted and gets his Dream that's fine. Carter is ready I'm fine with him leaving. Trevon it was no doubt what he wanted the second he got here so that's fine. Gary though is making a mistake he'll get his Mill which is great but he's leaving just because it's what you are told you do now. They use Duke win nothing and leave it's getting old

I'm not hating at all. I understand Bagley leaving he came in got what he wanted and gets his Dream that's fine. Carter is ready I'm fine with him leaving. Trevon it was no doubt what he wanted the second he got here so that's fine. Gary though is making a mistake he'll get his Mill which is great but he's leaving just because it's what you are told you do now. They use Duke win nothing and leave it's getting old

Gary is physically ready to play in the NBA. It is a weak draft for guys that can knock the three and score at all three levels along with playing decent defense.. Trent’s ceiling is low because he doesn’t have elite athleticism. He is not going to improve much to increase his draft stock if he comes back from an NBA perspective.

Gary is physically ready to play in the NBA. It is a weak draft for guys that can knock the three and score at all three levels along with playing decent defense.. Trent’s ceiling is low because he doesn’t have elite athleticism. He is not going to improve much to increase his draft stock if he comes back from an NBA perspective.
That's the whole point I've been trying to make too. I don't see Gary improving much within the next year, so it makes sense for him to go, plus he would get to his 2nd contract quicker, if that becomes an option.

Duval on the other hand, I do believe if he had returned, could blow up next year, and play himself into the lottery. He oooozzes potential, and is still so raw. I'm assuming the plan all along though was for him to be OAD, and that's okay.

People seem to forget that returning to school means another year of being a student. Would you rather attend college classes for a full year or be a professional basketball player? I know which option I would choose.

Why do people mention Vrank? I’m sure a great kid but I see nothing from him to suggest he would be a contributor in any way other than 5 fouls

Reactions: GillJET
If EJ committing would have pushed Bolden away, I'm very happy we didn't get him.

Bolden is key and next year's squad in my mind will need more minutes from Delaurier/Vrank/White and even Robinson types than those trying to "get theirs".

Because except for Gabriel, not one of those guys (even if they all return) can shoot outside of 15 feet. In a recent interview Cal said that moving forward he won't recruit a player unless he can shoot. From what I've read, Montgomery can hit the 3.

Cal is right though it pains me to say it. Shooting from 6-10 feet has become a lost art...no one seems to do is consistently...its a layup/dunk or a 3pt shot...that 6-10 foot space is open all the time. That is where i think Allen and Trent could have been more impactful when the 3 wasnt falling. Good to hear Cal put value on something that is a rare skill these days.

Bolden is our must get recruit now. The rumors that Duke backed off EJ hopefully that means Bolden is back. Cremo would be nice. Someone would have left if we landed EJ. You can't get every recruit.

Last edited:
Yep. I think Trent made a good decision. I don’t see him as no worse than Wayne Ellington. He can shoot and getbhis shoot off plus he’s more athletic than people think although not an elite athlete

I still think you might see Bolden test the waters....but that's what it's there for, after all. Him deciding to stay in the draft would make me scratch my head.

Reactions: jnastasi
With Cremo I think we can have a nice run and gun team.l that gonna score lots of points...plus I’d love to see what the Cameron Crazies do with the name “Cremo”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT