ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH - NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET SIXTEEN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

There's a lot of talk about About how duke will handleThe Jokies 3 pt shooting but not much being said about how they can stop duke from getting to the rim

There's a lot of talk about About how duke will handleThe Jokies 3 pt shooting but not much being said about how they can stop duke from getting to the rim
Not to mention that Tech hasn't looked great in their tourney games thus far, either.

Reactions: Duke1783
the fact is, from here on Cam is going to have to step up or Duke will step out of the dance. He can do this.

I'm nervous already. I'm not ready for this season to be over and not to see this group together again. Please let it be ok tonight!

Wouldn't surprise me to see Duke go small at times with Zion at the 5 against Blackshear and use Alex, Goldwire for defensive pressure, or Jack if he's available. Tech goes 6-1, 6-5, 6-5, 6-6 and 6-10 with their starters. I have no doubt Duke will win this game tonight. They haven't dealt with anybody like Zion all year, and I'm sure Tre has been up against guards just as good, if not better than Robinson this year and done a heck of a job.

They will be focused and looking to shut some people up tonight. A lot of doubters came out of the wood work since the UCF game. Now all of a sudden there is a blue print to beat Duke. Awfully "finny" there's only one team that done it with a healthy squad. Let's Go Duke.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
I'm nervous already. I'm not ready for this season to be over and not to see this group together again. Please let it be ok tonight!
Same, I am nervous as heck. We have got to get out to a good start tonight and play with energy.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Duke go small at times with Zion at the 5 against Blackshear and use Alex, Goldwire for defensive pressure, or Jack if he's available. Tech goes 6-1, 6-5, 6-5, 6-6 and 6-10 with their starters. I have no doubt Duke will win this game tonight. They haven't dealt with anybody like Zion all year, and I'm sure Tre has been up against guards just as good, if not better than Robinson this year and done a heck of a job.

They will be focused and looking to shut some people up tonight. A lot of doubters came out of the wood work since the UCF game. Now all of a sudden there is a blue print to beat Duke. Awfully "finny" there's only one team that done it with a healthy squad. Let's Go Duke.

I don’t know if we want Zion guarding Balckshear, I don’t want him to get into foul trouble guarding him.

I don’t know if we want Zion guarding Balckshear, I don’t want him to get into foul trouble guarding him.
I don't think he will, may just put more pressure on Blackshear knowing what Zion is capable of on the defensive end. Dude knows how to control his self. Plus Blackshear has to play him as well, which could lead to foul trouble on his end. I would try it for a few and see how Tech adjust to it.

It's going to be alright guys, a little nerves is good for the soul, being scared is a different story. No duke fan should be scared tonight, but full of support and confidence!
Well said. Also, people can say this and that about how we were exposed or there is a blueprint to beat us, however, the fact remains, we have the two best players in college basketball this year, no one else's top two even comes close. Throw in a a solid supporting cast that can straight up terrorize an offense....we're fine, better than fine really. Lastly, when our big four are healthy we are a staggering 26-1 against one of the toughest schedules in the country. People need to chill out a bit and trust these guys to do what they've done all year, win big time basketball games.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Ok guys I just listened to the Pardon the Interruption morons and according to them Duke has zero chance to win tonight. Tech will have home court advantage and they are not intimidated by Duke. Tech is confident and Duke is not. Also UNCheat will have no trouble tonight

Ok guys I just listened to the Pardon the Interruption morons and according to them Duke has zero chance to win tonight. Tech will have home court advantage and they are not intimidated by Duke. Tech is confident and Duke is not. Also UNCheat will have no trouble tonight
Key words in all of that, Pardon the Interruption Morons.

Cornheiser and Cinnabon? Those idiots have been spewing dumbass hot takes before hot takes even existed. I'd be worried if they said we'd win.

Well said. Also, people can say this and that about how we were exposed or there is a blueprint to beat us, however, the fact remains, we have the two best players in college basketball this year, no one else's top two even comes close. Throw in a a solid supporting cast that can straight up terrorize an offense....we're fine, better than fine really. Lastly, when our big four are healthy we are a staggering 26-1 against one of the toughest schedules in the country. People need to chill out a bit and trust these guys to do what they've done all year, win big time basketball games.
It's been a long time since I have said Duke may loose a game in any setting because I won't allow myself to think like that. If I think they may loose, I sure as heck ain't saying it. I'm going down with the ship everytime lol. Nobody beats my boys in my mind and that's all that matters to me lol.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
I'm freaking fired up right now! About to go get my gym workout in, turn over a few stationary bikes on my way out with my Duke shirt and hat on! Let's Go Duke!!!

It's been a long time since I have said Duke may loose a game in any setting because I won't allow myself to think like that. If I think they may loose, I sure as heck ain't saying it. I'm going down with the ship everytime lol. Nobody beats my boys in my mind and that's all that matters to me lol.
This is me, I might bitch and moan when we lose or play bad but I'll never give up on a team. You out on that Duke jersey I'm with you till the bitter end.

Cornheiser and Cinnabon? Those idiots have been spewing dumbass hot takes before hot takes even existed. I'd be worried if they said we'd win.
Wilbon and a fill-in...I wonder if in the ore show meeting they were told to hype up the underdogs

This is the most nervous I've been for a game since the '15 championship. This group is TOO good to miss out on the Final Four. They better start to bring it up a notch or it will slip out of their hands.

Really just need some more consistency from everyone but Zion and RJ. Mainly Tre and Cam. I thought Cam played well vs UCF actually, but Tre had his worst game of the year against UCF... I'm sure he comes back with a vengeance. It is him that could be playing at home next weekend.

I agree with others that we need a statement game. Show everyone how good we can be for 40 minutes again. If the media and haters aren't enough motivation, we obviously already lost to VT. That helps our cause IMO. I think we cover.

My wife and I are going to go to downtown Austin, walk around and then find a place to watch the game. Yeah, I'll be wearing my Duke gear -- Yeah, I am sure it will get some comments -- Yeah, don't care much...or at all.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
All I can picture in my mind at this time is a run of four (4) straight games like these kids played against Kentucky early in the year! Playing loose, fearless, and just having fun! I remember that game clearly, and that was an awesome spectacle of BB that I will never forget.
I wish I could put their memories of that game back in them, just to remind them of how great they are.
One run of 4 games, starting tonight, and take no prisoners!
Go Duke!
OFC

Jay Will just predicted a 10-15+ pt win. Not sure if that’s a good or bad omen.

The moment you take a flight home from Maine and you’re buzzing so an Uber is in order. Will anyone else be drunk by gametime? Let me know so I can speak the language with you. @DukefanKY

@skysdad @OldasdirtDevil and @hart2chesson being “crunk” on Ensure doesn’t count.

@Showenuff my confidence is down on this game. Layeth the smacketh downeth and get my pansie azz back in line. It would be appreciated.

Ps listen to Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins on your next Commercial flight; it’s hilarious.

The moment you take a flight home from Maine and you’re buzzing so an Uber is in order. Will anyone else be drunk by gametime? Let me know so I can speak the language with you. @DukefanKY

@skysdad @OldasdirtDevil and @hart2chesson being “crunk” on Ensure doesn’t count.

@Showenuff my confidence is down on this game. Layeth the smacketh downeth and get my pansie azz back in line. It would be appreciated.

Ps listen to Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins on your next Commercial flight; it’s hilarious.

So Cal I've got Jack tonite! To heck w/Ensure! Lol, Go Duke, Go Auburn!!!!

OFC

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3

I’m on my 3rd finger of scotch.

Edit: that sounded a little weird when I said “Johnnie Walker“ instead of “scotch”.

I’m in the little podunk town where our boat is, in trying to figure out where I’m watching. Probably have to drive about 45’ to the next town

More fun than Livin I’m America in the porch?? ;) We gunna win don’t worry!!!!

Uber? Ya gotta get that car home bro

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT