ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH - NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET SIXTEEN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Well, how that day one is in the books, it's time to turn our focus the the biggest game of the year - at this point, each one obviously is.

Having fallen to Virginia Tech in our only time facing them this year, it would make sense Duke would be incredibly motivated. That said, we've all heard a gazillion times already that Robinson was out for the Hokies and Zion for us. Arguably the most important players for both teams.

Tonight will be a different game with two teams of contrasting style. While we're "perimeterly challenged" Va Tech lives behind the arc. I expect us to continue with the high-hedge and switch on ball screens to stop the dribble drive and hopefully run them off the line. How well they shoot it and how well we defend behind the perimeter will decide this game.

On the flip side, AREN'T WE DUE????? We haven't had a great scoring game from Cam since we were in Chapel Hole and we haven't had a collective domination game since, Virginia? It's time tonight to send us back to the Elite Eight. But it'll be a battle, guaranteed...

Duke comes in at a -7 favorite and that seems pretty hefty to me. I expect this to be a tight battle throughout. Tonight's game is slated for a 9:37pm est tip and will air on CBS. That said the game isn't likely to tip until close to 10pm.

Duke 74

Virginia Tech 70

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Lets do this!!!!!

Duke 78
VT 70

The good guys win with a big nights from RJ and Cam!

VT doesn't have one guy who can (somewhat) handle Zion down low, I expect to see a bunch of double teams and doing whatever they can to get the ball out of his hands, if we can make our open threes we'll roll. If not it'll be tight but, we'll still pull it out. I'm gonna say 87-76 Duke.

Tight and tough. We have to make a few jumpers, and on the other side we can't let them get hot from outside. We're not losing if we can keep them in check from behind the arc.

Duke 75
VT 72

Go Duke!!!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
All I want is an absolute beat down and ass kicking laid down on the Jokies and their stupid ass fans....then we will see them in another 50 years when they are actually good again

Sorry but I can't handle a loss to the clowns in the tournament...just can't happen

Please kick their asses zion,RJ, Cam and the rest

All I want is an absolute beat down and ass kicking laid down on the Jokies and their stupid ass fans....then we will see them in another 50 years when they are actually good again

Sorry but I can't handle a loss to the clowns in the tournament...just can't happen

Please kick their asses zion,RJ, Cam and the rest

You need two tequila shots and a Valium!!! LOL!!!

We start out slow, VT goes up by double figures early. We close the gap at 1/2 time and then go up 6 to 8 points. We fail to put our foot on their throat and we start turning it over and cannot finish them. This has been the narrative for the last 10 games, although we have finished games when it counted.
I hope I am wrong but
VT 71
Duke 66

Please drive the ball, don't jack up 30+ 3's, control the perimeter on D, and rebound.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us down by 8 at any point in the first 30 minutes, but we will find another gear and pull away. RJ with a monster game.

Duke 82
VT 70

Speaking of Buzz, I'm seeing rumors of him heading to Texas A&M. Anybody else heard this? It may have been discussed in other threads, I haven't had time to keep up lately.
I've heard it as well, he probably knows after this year tech is going to be in major rebuild mode and A&M will pay. I think he went to A&M which will help

This is the one that scared me when the brackets came out. Goldy will help defend 3's so I believe Jones attacks the basket instead of settling for 3's and Duke wins 80-73

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT