ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get rested up for Monday! Gonna have to shoot the ball better Monday night. Have a good rest of the weekend guys!

16 assists on 22 made baskets. If that isn’t team work idk what is. We have the best crop of big men that I’ve seen in years. The way Bolden is playing off the bench give us the ultimate three headed monster.

Gary Trent is real sneaky. He has been hiding his athleticism all year. Every now and then he will explode and make you say DAYUM!

I loved this game. Sure, we didn't score well, but our hustle, and defense...terrific This team is now poised to make a run.

OFC
Agreed. Great to see them win a game like this. Zone has helped the defense a ton, FT shooting is better and fewer TOs. I love bags but damn bolden is turning into a force. He never takes a bad shot, is Rebounding and blocking shots like crazy and has a nice lefty hook. Rarely seems to be lost or out of position on D. I like him or Javin paired with bags or carter. Bags and carter together doesn’t seem to work as well imo

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Ugly win but I'll take it over a "good" loss as I have heard before. I thought our defense was outstanding and take a look at our free throw shooting. Had a lot to do with the win. I guarantee our shooting will be better Monday at V.T. Hope we don't look ahead at unc. Let's roll on V.T. then turn our vengeance on the heels. We owe them a butt whipping like a takes his young'un behind the wood shed. Just is in case you kids don't know what that means is kicking unc's rear so bad they can't even blame the refs. OFC

Loved the rebounding. Man rebounds in traffic, wth lots of contact. Loved the interior passing of the big guys. 3 Balls were off, but they were almost all good to very good looks and were not forced. Defense was great for the entire shot clock.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Really great D. Terrible 3 point shooting (that hot/cold remains a key concern).

Loved how Bolden played. He's a player I really like to see on the court and continues to mature.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
You can't be a fan. I'm an old fart and would love to be at any Duke game, especially a home game with the crazies.

Yep I'm not a fan since I couldn't go to one game since I had to deal with a situation instead. I've been to plenty of games this year and am hoping to be able to go next weekend vs UNC as well. Sometimes things are more important than going to a basketball game man.

Agreed. Great to see them win a game like this. Zone has helped the defense a ton, FT shooting is better and fewer TOs. I love bags but damn bolden is turning into a force. He never takes a bad shot, is Rebounding and blocking shots like crazy and has a nice lefty hook. Rarely seems to be lost or out of position on D. I like him or Javin paired with bags or carter. Bags and carter together doesn’t seem to work as well imo

Why doesn't Carter and Bagley seem to work together? Offensively they share the ball with each other beautifully. What do you believe isn't working?

The high low game should present major matchup problems, if we can get consistent shooting from the outside. I am not sure there are too many teams that will be able to zone this team, but you know there will be a few come NCAA tourney time. The defense has improved over the last 3 weeks, but there is still alot left to fix. I am very happy that this team is starting to see what level of plays it takes to win a National Title. Bolden is becoming what many of us thought he could be.

Why doesn't Carter and Bagley seem to work together? Offensively they share the ball with each other beautifully. What do you believe isn't working?
The offense doesn’t seem to flow as well. Maybe it’s cause two post guys who can both score. Just an opinion. I think all 4 post guys have earned time. Bolden is really playing well.

The offense doesn’t seem to flow as well. Maybe it’s cause two post guys who can both score. Just an opinion. I think all 4 post guys have earned time. Bolden is really playing well.

We had 16 assists on 22 made baskets. Carter and Bagley assisted on each others dunks. We just missed every outside shot.

28058924_1829241127127627_2884809739554980404_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT