ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PITT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Alright. Let's be honest. This has the capability of being a trap game, but it's ABSOLUTELY a game we should win, and win by double digits.

It's been a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde season for Coach Capel and his Panthers - especially of late. Pitt has lost back-to-back home games to Georgia Tech and a thumping at the hands of Miami, but the Tech loss came just days after capping off a three game winning streak with road wins at FSU and UNC. Go figure.

If we come out and shoot it even remotely close to how we did against Syracuse on Saturday, this game will be over in the first 10 minutes of play.

I'm going to make this one short and sweet, because really, this one is pretty simple. Just win. The Devils enter tonight's game as a -14.5 favorite and I'm not really sure where I sit with that. Since it's senior night for the Panthers, I'm going to say we win, but neglect to cover.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 8pm est and will air on the ACC Network.

Duke - 85

Pitt - 71

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock solid source informed me Mickie wasn’t happy about Jeff leaving for Pitt and told him so directly. Interested to see how K interacts with Jeff.

Duke: 79
Pitt: 72

Rock solid source informed me Mickie wasn’t happy about Jeff leaving for Pitt and told him so directly. Interested to see how K interacts with Jeff.

Duke: 79
Pitt: 72
I mean he’s seen him multiple times since then both home and away. Unless you’re joking and I missed it, I’m expecting this to be an emotional embrace for both men. A fitting way to end his ACC road career against one of his former players.

Reactions: Fourteen44
I thought Syracuse would play us tight and it was a blow out. I think this will be a blow out so it will probably be tight. Pitt plays us even for a half, then we pull away and win by 10.

Reactions: Liftee
If we come out and take care of business tonight like we all know we SHOULD, I will feel like we are prepared for tournament time. Those few close losses are long behind us now. We are a toughened road team who can run the table, I don't care who the heck is in our bracket or if we are a 1 or a 2 or a (gasp) 3 seed. Bring on all comers.

If we stumble and struggle tonight then all bets are off.

I like the former......

Duke 84
Pitt 66

We start a little slow because of Senior day for Pitt but start to pull away end of half.

Duke 81
Pitt 67

Reactions: Liftee
I was thinking the same thing and was surprised it took so long for someone to say it.
Tonight is big because Saturday is a little uncertain. There will be so many things going on with it behind K’s final game. All the Cheaters have to focus on is the actual game

I mean he’s seen him multiple times since then both home and away. Unless you’re joking and I missed it, I’m expecting this to be an emotional embrace for both men. A fitting way to end his ACC road career against one of his former players.
Apparently the discussion occurred this past summer. Hopefully Jeff & K resolved it already.

Hope we cover, but think it will be close. Very tough game for both Capel and K.

36 to 19 at the half. Big Mark with a donut. I don't think Pitt has the horses to come back. This team is showing maturity thusfar. Take care of business, stay heathy and on to Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
Let’s just roll the windows down and cruise in this one. We aren’t playing perfect but defense is strong and that strong start didn’t hurt.

Reactions: christophero
We look like a one seed. At least we are playing like one. Feel pretty good about Sat

DIdn't think we'd have much trouble with this game given Pitt's record and the way we have been playing after the UVA and Syracuse win.

I am concerned about the UNC game. Countless seasons we've beaten UNC at UNC only to lose at Duke.

Gotta win Saturday.

GTHC, GTH!!!!

DIdn't think we'd have much trouble with this game given Pitt's record and the way we have been playing after the UVA and Syracuse win.

I am concerned about the UNC game. Countless seasons we've beaten UNC at UNC only to lose at Duke.

Gotta win Saturday.

GTHC, GTH!!!!
Sure I get it...but why don't you appreciate two absolute blow out wins with a young lineup heading into the Carolina game...Duke fans have changed so much! It's sad because it is never enough and considering they doubled the spread on the road in back to back games. Yet you are "So concerned!"
Tell you this, I've been around for K's entire career and I am not bothered by big bad Carolina, haven't been in 20-25 years. Yes this game is different but we are more talented, play better defense and we have the GOAT! Relax and enjoy this last week. You're blessed!

Reactions: timo0402
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT