ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CLEMSON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Best this team has looked by a mile. Moore hitting shots as well. It's like Christmas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke1783
balanced contribution which is nice...Roach maybe having a breakout....we shall see. When the pieces are all working we do look good - first time we've seen it this year

Reactions: christophero
Impressive. Kind of a perfect day. We fed off our defense, made shots, etc.

We’re too talented not to have games like this one. Unfortunately, we’re still young....so probably some games where it doesn’t click, either.

It’s really a shame one of those late three’s couldn’t drop last week against Louisville.

First time I have seen them play this year. Watched the second half. Picked a good game to watch. They looked really good. Hope this trend continues.

Reactions: christophero
Game recap and five observations from a highly impressive performance for Duke. This team is making some real progress.

Our ball movement was really good. Guys shoot better when the ball is passed crisply. Williams has been a plus the last 2 games. Clemson is either really bad, or we are making strides. Hoping for the latter.
Got some tough ones coming up.

Love the way Duke kept their foot on the gas in this game. There was no let up at all after building the early lead.

Obviously our best game to date. Good to see such balance. As good as Williams looked, we need to temper our expectations for this year. He is still not very strong and got pushed around a bit. But very encouraging to see he’s not afraid to challenge, both on O and D. As Lavar said, give him some time in the weight room and watch out.
Wendell is still struggling from the field, but the rest of his game today was solid, and it’s clear K has told him to keep shooting. Hopefully he’ll regain his stroke. If that happens, we leap forward as a team.
I’d love to go into the Carolina game next Saturday with a 3-game win streak and some confidence....

Not gonna lie, I expected us to beat GT and then get clobbered today. Clemson has been in rough shape ever since their loss to UVA.

Obviously our best game to date. Good to see such balance. As good as Williams looked, we need to temper our expectations for this year. He is still not very strong and got pushed around a bit. But very encouraging to see he’s not afraid to challenge, both on O and D. As Lavar said, give him some time in the weight room and watch out.
Wendell is still struggling from the field, but the rest of his game today was solid, and it’s clear K has told him to keep shooting. Hopefully he’ll regain his stroke. If that happens, we leap forward as a team.
I’d love to go into the Carolina game next Saturday with a 3-game win streak and some confidence....
I hope this trend continues and they play very well Monday night. Miami has always been a tough game for Duke. They will have to grind hard because Miami will have extra incentive especially after getting dominated today by WFU. Miami Coach always prepares for Coach K and marks this game on his calendar.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Late to the party but **** yeah. Clemson is definitely struggling of late but uh, so were we. Great win, hope we build off of it and of course keep giving Williams playing time. We need a big ole body down low that can be threat to score on occasion and he provides just that.

Not sure who took the photo but Jesus lol

C2-E11916-B273-4-B62-962-E-69-B2-A5955-B52.jpg

Thank you for playing the traditional lineup more coaches. Having Williams get us easy baskets at times and he bothers shots a little. Now we’re finally cooking with some grease. Let’s not go back to the bull though

the problem with that is he still needs his top 7 guys to get used to each other and figure out how to play with each other in game situations. That mean s keeping them on the floor even when the game is out of reach.
I can agree with that...

Finally got to watch it and wow...what a game! I was not expecting that from this group. Defensively I was very happy with what these guys did collectively on that end of the floor. The way this team finished the first half and opened the second half was most impressive. Nice to see Roach get back on track. Mark continues to surprise. I am willing to admit I was dead wrong on what he could bring to the team this year. It definitely opens up what this team can do on both ends of the floor. Are we starting to actually form a team identity?

The only negative thing I have to say is, Matthew....please shave my man. Corey Alexander and I must have different ideas on what constitutes a great beard.

And when Roach plays well it allows Goldwire to play his game. He seems to struggle when asked to do too much.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT