ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CAL STATE FULLERTON NCAA TOURNEY 1ST RD OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Keels has been on the end or some momentum swinging turnovers . Refs should’ve blown the whistle after the second nasty slip, that’s ridiculous

Reactions: vcugreg
He needs to play. If we end up killing these guys he needs to play to to get his confidence back so he can contribute. Dude had a real good game this year, forgot which one and then lost his minutes the next.
Unfortunately not a window of time to let him play unless they get a comfortable lead, right? Or are you saying play him even in close games now?

Terrible last two to three minutes there but love the fire from Paolo after the dunk telling them to come on….been waiting to see something like that from him all year.

Time to feed the post. CSF can’t match Duke on the inside.

I think his confidence has entered the transfer portal
Idk why everyone expects Joey to play well when his minutes are extremely inconsistent and doesn’t get rewarded when he plays well. I don’t see keels in the dog pound after having horrid stretches.

i mean if the teams cool with keels swinging the momentum to cfs I don’t mind Joey missing those baskets he should’ve made

Only up 8, although that beats being down 8. Keels not starting in surprising, in a good way. We still need better play from him. Keels and AJ with only 2 points each.
Up 10 at halftime. Could be better, could be worse. Let's extend this and win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
Not bad…Keels killed us or we would be up 16-20pts…

The double slip was about a four pt swing also.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Would like to see AJ get going…he’s had some good looks and has been ice cold for two games now.

Up 10. We either: let them climb back in it or
Pull away and start looking like a two seed. If this game is close not sure we survive the next game.

Keels has no business on the floor. When he was on the floor He had four turn overs. I’ll take Bakers air ball but Keels has done nothing !

Not sure we can afford bad games by Keels and AJ. We can today; but not after this. Banchero Moore and Roach look very good.

Just an ok half. Not crazy about our defense. Wish we played more of a pack line to close up their driving lanes.

We haven’t changed in one department: we are still consistently inconsistent. For a stretch we look like world beaters. Then we look like egg beaters.

Defense looks tons better. Notice that Williams isn’t getting switched onto any guards…he’s hedging some but always around the basket.

How many blocks and altered shots does he have? He is in much better position.

Take away Keels being the opposing teams best player we are almost up 20. We would all feel alot better then…

It’s been pretty good except for that.

A bit alarming that important cogs not playing well. Same thing happened with UK and they bowed out. Needs to turn around tonight.

Idk why everyone expects Joey to play well when his minutes are extremely inconsistent and doesn’t get rewarded when he plays well. I don’t see keels in the dog pound after having horrid stretches.

i mean if the teams cool with keels swinging the momentum to cfs I don’t mind Joey missing those baskets he should’ve made
I’m not asking him to be Larry Bird I know enough not too. I’m just asking for him to make a shot

Reactions: ioliva
I think Keels was coming in for AJ after that sloppy turnover. Then he hit the three and K subbed him for Moore not to wreck his confidence maybe….

It's important to not get this below 10. 16 point lead. So far so good. 18 point lead.

We’ve given up a lot of open looks luckily Fullerton don’t shoot the 3 well. If the same thing happens Sunday, we could be in trouble

Reactions: Mac9192
I’d leave my wife for the AT&T chick
She’s so underrated, she’s gorgeous. and that brain On her… damn

anyways why is keels still firing shots like that? I hate those, don’t care if they go in, which this case it didn’t . When they miss it really hurts our flow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT