ADVERTISEMENT

Cassius Stanley

If Duke can haul in Cassius Stanley, you absolutely take him without even looking back. Dude is one athletic 6'5 guard who is a tough nosed player. If you're really interested in the top players coming through high school, a lot of their games are live streamed throughout the year. Stanley was the best player on the best team in California, Sierra Canyon. He is a little older and very skilled. He is not a great 3 point shooter at the moment, but can fill it up otherwise. And it's not like his shot is bad either.

If Duke offers this weekend, which they will, and he accept, which looks like he probably will, then that will be awesome. I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but the staff has a few times including the State playoffs. K love's guys who play tough defense. As far as Alex goes, Boggie is the one that will steal his minutes if he don't improve over the summer. Ellis is truly flying under the radar for now. Don't be surprised to see Duke grab two players next week.

Duke is on a tear right now and have already started covering their tracks for 2020. After visiting Kessler, going to visit B.J Boston and Jalen Johnson. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride. If you want something bad enough, you have 2 choices, work your butt off and take it, or feel sorry for yourself while getting out worked.

If Duke can haul in Cassius Stanley, you absolutely take him without even looking back. Dude is one athletic 6'5 guard who is a tough nosed player. If you're really interested in the top players coming through high school, a lot of their games are live streamed throughout the year. Stanley was the best player on the best team in California, Sierra Canyon. He is a little older and very skilled. He is not a great 3 point shooter at the moment, but can fill it up otherwise. And it's not like his shot is bad either.

If Duke offers this weekend, which they will, and he accept, which looks like he probably will, then that will be awesome. I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but the staff has a few times including the State playoffs. K love's guys who play tough defense. As far as Alex goes, Boggie is the one that will steal his minutes if he don't improve over the summer. Ellis is truly flying under the radar for now. Don't be surprised to see Duke grab two players next week.

Duke is on a tear right now and have already started covering their tracks for 2020. After visiting Kessler, going to visit B.J Boston and Jalen Johnson. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride. If you want something bad enough, you have 2 choices, work your butt off and take it, or feel sorry for yourself while getting out worked.
If 247 is right then we’ve already offered i believe

Tre,AOC,Boogie,Cassius,Goldy can all co-exist...they dont need heavy minutes of 35 plus and Cassius can probably play some 3

Reactions: retiredsoldier

That last sentence is a great point. We’re gonna be able to have competitive practices where they’re actually getting pushed by d1 starting talent at pretty much any other school. The kids are gonna know they’re gonna have to work their butts off just to get on the court

That last sentence is a great point. We’re gonna be able to have competitive practices where they’re actually getting pushed by d1 starting talent at pretty much any other school. The kids are gonna know they’re gonna have to work their butts off just to get on the court
At the end of the day, that's what it boils down too. You have to work, because every since I've been grown enough to realize it, nothing in life is given to you. If I was a player and K was going after other talent at my spot, not the sure fire one and done talent, I would work my ass off to show him he wasted a scholarship thinking he was taking some of my minutes. Life is cruel and nobody has time to force you to improve on your weakness that has already been talked about.

At the end of the day, that's what it boils down too. You have to work, because every since I've been grown enough to realize it, nothing in life is given to you. If I was a player and K was going after other talent at my spot, not the sure fire one and done talent, I would work my ass off to show him he wasted a scholarship thinking he was taking some of my minutes. Life is cruel and nobody has time to force you to improve on your weakness that has already been talked about.

Great post. Although I would go with life being more unapologetic and clarifying than cruel. Personal preference.

Point still made very effectively of course.

I just like our veterans and think we're getting a little carried away with shiny new toys. It's the recruiting equivalent of yanking a guy for making a mistake.
I understand what you're saying. For me, I think just because you're a veteran, that don't give you a pass in this sport. You have to lead by example and if you don't, you will be replaced. We as a society have become so sensitive, so entitled to a point to where effort and pride takes a back seat sometimes. I think recruiting is equivalent to trying to win and staying competitive as a school and as a team, even in practice.

Military service is the exact same way, if not worse. You can be in for years and comfortable and you have a guy come in that is hard charging, work his ass off to improve himself, and before you know it, he has passed you up in rank. Show's son is the prime example of how hard work gets you ahead of your peers. Same thing applies here, fight for what you think is yours and improve your worth. Sometimes a shiny new toy, when put with some not so shiny makes everybody better when the effect to clean up is there. Just my 2 cents.

I just like our veterans and think we're getting a little carried away with shiny new toys. It's the recruiting equivalent of yanking a guy for making a mistake.

Our veterans are okay. Goldwire improved but Alex didn't. I'm starting to accept that maybe he's just not a Duke caliber player. Not saying he's not good but at this point we need someone that only shoots wide open jumpers and isn't a good/smart defender. If Hurt comes that's even more perimeter minutes gone because he will play some 3

I believe with my heart, at the end of the day, we all just want Duke to win and it be a group effort from everybody wearing the jersey. I love every player that comes through the program, and no matter what their rank is, they help out in ways we don't see or don't get the write up in the paper. I just want them while they are there, to give it all they got, work on their weakness and try to leave Duke better than they arrived.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Well... I know they are only accurate sometimes but now 24/7 has us as the leader for Cassius...

I’m just going to sit back and just let everything happen... I’m done predicting and figuring out things haha

I guess I just don't want transfers. I know nothing is given and must be earned. I'd just like a little continuity.
I feel you man, it kills me when a guy transfer. These kids been playing basketball all their lives when they get to this level. Sometimes, things just works out better somewhere else I guess.

Reactions: christophero
I agree I don’t either. But it’s not right how some of these guys get used and I think they could have a lot better career somewhere else
I agree, K could definitely try and use the guys more, but for a lot of the guys who left for more time, some ended up just as bad. Semi was a great move for him and got him drafted, but looking back on it, they ended up getting more time because they went to teams that they were clearly better than the talent already there.

Thornton really haven't done anything even after getting the starting nod this past season with USC. Started 27 of 32 games, 28% from 3, 38% from 2, 66% from the free throw line, and 7.7 point per game. Not to rag on the kid, but K and Duke caught hell from the smack talk when he left. Sometimes the Goat knows more than anybody else, including the players themselves. May have something to do with being around them everyday behind the scenes. At the end of the day, we all are going to do what we think is best for us right? Can't blame nobody for that.

57303257_2138252379598329_2857175514185990144_n.jpg

Boogie is going to be on that floor. He will not be riding the bench. I'm willing to bet that. That kid has a chip on his shoulder. He can do what Goldwire does defensively will shooting the ball efficiently

The only thing with Boogie is he looks like he weighs 150 pounds. He may need time.

In 2 years we’re gonna roll out a lineup of Michael savarino, Alex O’Connell, Joey Baker, Matthew hurt, and walker kessler. The hate is gonna be real lol

The way we're recruiting Alex and Joey will be long gone by then.Believe me, I want to get the best guys we possibly can, PROVIDED CHEMISTRY IS THERE....However 2 of the last three years we've lacked in chemistry, but talent was pretty heavy.

After this year's pitiful showing from outside is Stanley the answer from the perimeter??? Whats going on behind scenes w/AOC,WHITE BAKER,BOOGIE, JORDAN,MOORE,etc??? Are we taking a scattergun approach just to get more talent w/o due consideration of chemistry???? What do those guys think, or are some of the holdovers leaving?

Pardon me but I am not going to jump up and down just because Stanley is on campus this weekend. I want to wait and see how dust settles, because I have to believe some defections are planned or pending. I simply want us to have a team w/good chemistry like this year which plays defense, and has more inside/outside balance on offense. OFC

Boogie is coming in with a chip which is always good.

If we have Moore, Baker, Hurt, White, Alex, Boogie, Goldwire, Tre and then land Stanley that leaves Javin, Hopefully Bolden and Carey at the pf and Center spot.
Throw Hurt as a stretch four and White at pf that’s five Body’s in the front court.
And six in the back court to cover the pg-sf spots and that’s without Stanley. Like it or not that’s two players odd man out.
Carey, Tre, Hurt and Moore (if Duke lands hurt)
Imo, are the four true starters with one more of either Javin or Bolden.
Like it or not somewhere and upper class men isn’t coming off the pine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT