ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden announcement tomorrow?

Not sure how he can be right or wrong about anything. He didn’t want him, and now he still doesn’t. This is more of a he wants a pat on the back type thing for saying he didn’t want him back then. Now that Boldens not living up to his potential (yet) he thinks he’s right about something that you can’t even be right or wrong about!!! He said he didn’t want him. (Indecisive?) Now he’s not playing well so he wants a pat on the back because he didn’t want him back then (for different reasons)...lol. If he would have said back then Bolden was overrated blah blah, he won’t live up to his potential, blah blah, whatever, he may have something to be right or wrong about! (now) ...And get a damn pat on the back if that’s what makes him happy! Irritates me people would rather be right about something, rather then be wrong and it benefit Duke. Like it’s a message board nobody is keeping score , and its not that important.. Think you’re damn Stephen A or some crap!? Shall we bow to your feet at everything you say now? The fact he just brings this to everybody’s attention just bugs the F out of me. Especially when he’s trying to get a pat on the back for something not even worthy of it. Fact that you’re more happy thinking your right about something, rather then root to eat crow and Bolden succeeding doesn’t sound like a Duke fan to me...It sounds like someone begging for notoriety, attention, and I forgot the word I’m looking for. I repeated myself to much .... this just gets me fired up and I lose all motor skills (typing) ....stupid..hope Bolden makes the game winning shot to win it all! Then ima go back and quote his crap with “Bumps”:)

Now THAT is a great post. And YES, there are people here who would rather be right more than see Duke win.

Bolden may fail. He may even transfer. But he's a member of our team right now and I'm not going to grind his bones to dust just yet. I'm gonna pull for him, cheer for him , and hope he rises to the top. Bolden is no where NEAR our biggest issue right now. I'll place that on a hip at the moment.

Now THAT is a great post. And YES, there are people here who would rather be right more than see Duke win.
A fellow, angry, lose their Sh*t poster as yourself would think so. Hahaha :) But yea it drives me crazy.

We got a tad bit in common, although you can type your Mike “the mouth” Matusow blow up better then I can....barely.... hahaha ....for the people knowing who that is, it should be funny. For those that don’t (poker pro) go watch some videos. :mad: Him and Phil are classics “idiots”

Last edited:
Reactions: Showenuff
I never like these types of posts. I dislike the plethora of sports fans that would rather get credit for being correct than see their (ostensible) team win. Second, I can point to a lot of players that were better individually than Bolden, whose careers were largely failures from a team perspective. Similarly, I can probably point to players who weren't as good as Bolden, yet played a ton, on teams that were more successful.
Bolden might be individually disappointing on a team that goes to the FF or better this year. That would put him ahead of Tatum, Ingram, Kyrie, and Bagley, to name a few. LIPO.

Was overrated by ALOT. It happens

I don't want to impugn Alot's basketball knowledge because I don't know the dude, but I am still unwilling to pass judgement on a player at the halfway mark of his journey. Tell Alot to wait and see how he finishes before making declarations.

40406639_470312880143867_2355397972507754496_n.jpg

Looks like nobody can hold Coach K back from heading towards another ship !

Reactions: GillJET
Hopefully everyone is rooting for Bolden to do well - hopefully including Dahntay - regardless of how they think about the player's ultimate capabilities on the court. As far as pats on the back go - definitely deserves ribbing on that.

One of the struggles of diehard fans on boards like this is the inability to distinguish between what one thinks of the calibre of the player on the court vs. how much one roots for their success. Those are two different categories in which many fans struggle to distinguish when they read a critique of, or critique, a Duke player. But on here most struggle with the former.

When my kids played certain sports I rooted for them to succeed each moment they were on the field or court as much as anyone has ever rooted for anyone. But, I also (down inside) recognized that in certain sports they had serious limitations and they weren't going to last long. Didn't matter about my views of them as people and my pride in their character or rooting interest in their success.

There have been many to go through the Duke program that I thought were very flawed players (e.g., Greg Paulus) but have always rooted for them (even when Paulus tried his hand at Syracuse as a QB - I wanted nothing more than for him succeed and to make it in the NFL!).

Dahntay#1 said:
“I said a while ago I just don't want the guy. I will actually be disappointed if he commits to Duke. Aside from Duke not needing him on the court, I just don't want a player that is this indecisive. This is how I view it... If I am in HR and I know that a potential candidate is choosing between my company and another, I am only going to wait so long after the position has been offered before I just lose interest and rescind the offer. If it is going to take you this long to decide if you want to come work for my Fortune 500 company with all of the perks that come with it, just move along.

It might be different if this was Campbell basketball or he was a transcendent recruit. Neither is the case though”

I just got 1 word... Bump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT