ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden announcement tomorrow?

Yeah, there may be some people who do wish to discuss Bolden. If you don't care about Bolden then please don't post in this thread. Thanks.
I bet you if there was more of a chance of him landing at duke this thread would be different

Young kid trying to make what he thinks is the best decision for himself. Wish the best of luck to him wherever he chooses. Not a bad spot to be in if you ask me...

If he wants UK, and I think that is obvious, then he should go to UK. Last thing you want is someone that is not happy or bought in disrupting chemistry. Both teams will be very very good, and that's not a "bold" statement.

Reactions: harttochesson
Just to clarify for those hanging on every tweet: it was originally announced by DeSoto that it would be tomorrow, but then Bolden asked for Thursday due to a family conflict. What a clumsy process it has been for him. This feels like a more heavily reported on Patrick Patterson.

Crank_it_loud must have gotten into Bolden's head about Duke not having a point guard not that Not-Tyler Thornton isn't around.

Oh well.

Who likes Pepperoni and Bacon with extra sauce?

Crank_it_loud must have gotten into Bolden's head about Duke not having a point guard not that Not-Tyler Thornton isn't around.

Oh well.

Who likes Pepperoni and Bacon with extra sauce?

This is not the time or place to talk about food. :D OFC

Reactions: dbav
I'm ready for this recruitment to just end. That's not a knock on Bolden whatsoever. I have no clue what he's feeling and whether or not he's truly struggled coming to his decision. He would know that....not me. But again....I'll be happy when it's over no matter what he decides. It's more of a Duke-UK thing than one or the other "needing" him. Both teams will still be very good whether he's in their lineup or not.

I'm ready for this recruitment to just end. That's not a knock on Bolden whatsoever. I have no clue what he's feeling and whether or not he's truly struggled coming to his decision. He would know that....not me. But again....I'll be happy when it's over no matter what he decides. It's more of a Duke-UK thing than one or the other "needing" him. Both teams will still be very good whether he's in their lineup or not.

I think most of us feel this way. I think that's why all the food stuff started up simply because we tired of all the " where Bolden is going?" I can't remember a major recruit taking so long to decide. I remember my first few post here came when we were recruiting Lance Thomas and he went into April. I know Bolden is good but it also seems he's getting his share of attention. Maybe we can put it to bed come Thursday barring another delay and either welcome him as a Dukie or watch his career at somewhere else. Like it's been said before we will be fine without him and if he decides to come to Duke then practices should be very entertaining. OFC

Reactions: harttochesson
He announced this morning:

bolden%20pizza_zpsilssu5au.jpg

I said a while ago I just don't want the guy. I will actually be disappointed if he commits to Duke. Aside from Duke not needing him on the court, I just don't want a player that is this indecisive. This is how I view it... If I am in HR and I know that a potential candidate is choosing between my company and another, I am only going to wait so long after the position has been offered before I just lose interest and rescind the offer. If it is going to take you this long to decide if you want to come work for my Fortune 500 company with all of the perks that come with it, just move along.

It might be different if this was Campbell basketball or he was a transcendent recruit. Neither is the case though.

I said a while ago I just don't want the guy. I will actually be disappointed if he commits to Duke. Aside from Duke not needing him on the court, I just don't want a player that is this indecisive. This is how I view it... If I am in HR and I know that a potential candidate is choosing between my company and another, I am only going to wait so long after the position has been offered before I just lose interest and rescind the offer. If it is going to take you this long to decide if you want to come work for my Fortune 500 company with all of the perks that come with it, just move along.

It might be different if this was Campbell basketball or he was a transcendent recruit. Neither is the case though.
He's also a 17-18yo kid making the biggest decision of his life to this point. I dont think that is a fair comparison what-so-ever.

He's also a 17-18yo kid making the biggest decision of his life to this point. I dont think that is a fair comparison what-so-ever.
The overwhelming majority of 17-18 year old kids in his same exact shoes have already made their decision long, long time ago. It doesn't make him a bad person at all. I am just saying that I don't want a kid this indecisive on my team.

You are right, but I do think there is at least a little middle ground there. I think it is okay to be a little concerned with the indecisiveness. Duke is not an easy place to play, and it does not really work unless the player is 100% bought in (but if they are, great heights can be reached). I'm not saying Bolden isn't "all-in," I'm just saying some concern isn't necessarily unwarranted. I would certainly like to have him ultimately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT