ADVERTISEMENT

Amile ....

THR will twist it saying that K is so selfish making him come back at all, risking his future and only doing it bc he's selfishly only caring about winning. Knowing full well that they wouldn't win last year and that this year he can win and Amile has no eligibility left.

1000% book it.

THR will twist it saying that K is so selfish making him come back at all, risking his future and only doing it bc he's selfishly only caring about winning. Knowing full well that they wouldn't win last year and that this year he can win and Amile has no eligibility left.

1000% book it.

Not only will they twist it they believe it. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Sounds better than yesterday because some guy (kid?) with 175 post claims it's not "as bad" as last year? We are nearly halfway through January. If it's even half as bad as last year, he could easily miss all of March.

Unless I'm missing something here.

"Out but not over" according to ( as they say ) TOS.

Sounds better than yesterday because some guy (kid?) with 175 post claims it's not "as bad" as last year? We are nearly halfway through January. If it's even half as bad as last year, he could easily miss all of March.

a

Nobody said it was as bad as last year

Reactions: dukehokie

If number of posts is indicative of knowledge, then where does that put you with your 2 posts?

Last edited:
a

Nobody said it was as bad as last year

Fair enough OP isn't the one who said that. But still, it's not early in the season. Depending on what this is, he could easily not make it back, or be 100% by march. Being there's not been some sort of explanation I think it's likely he's got an injury bad enough to possibly remove him for the year, or close.

I saw posted on the DUKE fan page that it's not broken but no time table for his return. Anyone else hearing this?

Reactions: Baller224
Fair enough OP isn't the one who said that. But still, it's not early in the season. Depending on what this is, he could easily not make it back, or be 100% by march. Being there's not been some sort of explanation I think it's likely he's got an injury bad enough to possibly remove him for the year, or close.

Is this a word problem? Answer: 6?

Reactions: dukehokie
Right... as if all U.K. Fans are students that went thereo_O

Yeah, it was especially funny to see that comment from a guy who posted, like within the last 24 hours, that he DIDN'T go to UK, but was still a bigger fan that people who did, or somesuch nonsense. Maybe five percent of UK fans actually WENT to UK, it seems... and it isn't like UK is Duke as far as admissions, you know?

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
Just talked to Phil knight...He wants everyone to stop blaming the shoes. Amile will be OK so clearly not the shoes. Also, he did want to point out...Literally 90% of all basketball players in the NCAA's wear Nikes. I told him I would talk to y'all about it...But I wasn't optimistic....It's been a tough year...We can be irrational.

Reactions: dbav
When can we expect some sort of official announcement regarding Amiles injury? I was anticipating something being released by the basketball office yesterday.

Maybe Amile in the starting line up Tuesday will be the announcement! They may not say anything, besides the indefinite line, and then we all can hope, dream and speculate for weeks on end. I hold hope for a few weeks

Just talked to Phil knight...He wants everyone to stop blaming the shoes. Amile will be OK so clearly not the shoes. Also, he did want to point out...Literally 90% of all basketball players in the NCAA's wear Nikes. I told him I would talk to y'all about it...But I wasn't optimistic....It's been a tough year...We can be irrational.

Next time you talk to him tell for me that the black road uni's suck. OFC

When can we expect some sort of official announcement regarding Amiles injury? I was anticipating something being released by the basketball office yesterday.

I'm guessing there might not be anything more official until the game tomorrow night at FSU. The consensus right now appears to be that Amile did NOT break any bones in his foot. That's encouraging, but we could still be looking at some time before he's back in the lineup.

Yeah, it was especially funny to see that comment from a guy who posted, like within the last 24 hours, that he DIDN'T go to UK, but was still a bigger fan that people who did, or somesuch nonsense. Maybe five percent of UK fans actually WENT to UK, it seems... and it isn't like UK is Duke as far as admissions, you know?

Who cares if he went to U.K. or if Duke fans went to Duke. That has no batting on how big of a fan you are. Some of the best team fans I've ever seen are Kentucky ones and they didn't go there. They live breath and sleep U.K. so don't act high and mighty that if you didn't go there you can't be a good fan that's just bull

Next time you talk to him tell for me that the black road uni's suck. OFC
Speaking of uni's why isn't Duke wearing their other uniform combinations?! I liked the black Uni's that had Duke in white. I thought those were pretty cool.

Who cares if he went to U.K. or if Duke fans went to Duke. That has no batting on how big of a fan you are. Some of the best team fans I've ever seen are Kentucky ones and they didn't go there. They live breath and sleep U.K. so don't act high and mighty that if you didn't go there you can't be a good fan that's just bull

Relax, tiger. That UK guy came on throwing shots at a Duke fan on a Duke forum about not going to Duke, while that same UK guy didn't even go to UK, and was literally posting about that same issue less than 24 hours ago. Apparently HE cares about who went where, either because most Duke fans didn't go to Duke, or because not going to UK makes him a bigger UK fan, or something. Get upset with him. I'm a "People in glass houses..." type myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbav and skysdad
Get better Amile! Will be awesome to get you back when the weather starts to break!

A bone bruise could be good or bad, praying for the good.

Sounds like both Chase and Javin will be ready to play vs. FSU. Amile may be game to game. OFC.

Acting Duke Basketball head coach Jeff Capel updated the injury status of graduate senior Amile Jefferson, and he will miss at least Tuesday night's game at Florida State with a bruised bone in his right foot. Fortunately for Jefferson and the team, test indicate there is no fracture or break in the foot, which caused Jefferson to miss all but nine games of last season and receive a medical hardship.

There was some positive injury news, however, as Capel said that Blue Devils' big men Chase Jeter (two games) and Javin DeLaurier (five games) are healthy and will play against the Seminoles.

Capel said that Jefferson would continue to be evaluated on Wednesday and a determination will be made then as to whether or not he can play on Saturday at Louisville.

Reactions: DukeDenver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT