ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament Thread

I've said it too and so have many on this board. But we have won 2 straight close games. He did say it before the Miami game.
Indiana up big early against Iowa. They could make a run in the tournament. Just as I type this Iowa cuts in to 6.

Last edited:
Gosh a lot of worry in this thread how many ACC Championship games have you guys seen? The beauty of sport is that you never have a clue. Duke could come out tonight and put on a performance like they did in Chapel Hill. Not likely but never say never. Tech, kudos to them they are playing well and they do not resemble the mummified corpse I saw a few weeks back that hosted Carolina in Blacksburg, VA. But I kind of trust the guy that has more ACC Championships than any coach in ACC history (and Duke has more ACC Championships than any school in ACC history. )

Toss the ball and let’s see what happens.

I don't doubt our history. I also live in reality. Our defense has been piss poor at times over the last three games. VT shoots the 3 as well as any team in the country. They're playing good D too. I expect it to be tough. Nothing wrong with being realistic. Our guys have their hands full tonight.

Texas A&M up 12 on Arkansas at the half. Henry Coleman with a quiet first half. 4 points in 13 minutes. He had a double double yesterday. Creighton blew out Providence to reach the Big East final. Probably drops Providence to a 3 seed.

Last edited:
Duke’s defense has certainly dropped, in the 30’s now with K Pom. Just don’t ever ignore the one game scenario possibility. It could all come together beautifully in a single game. (It sure did for the wrong team a week ago.)

Two things I’m looking for early. How Mark handles/is used defensively when they small ball spread and drive. The other thing, if Trevor can hit a couple shots early, that would be a nice sign.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Texas A&M wins today and is going dancing. Congrats to Coleman.
I jinxed Indiana they lost to Iowa. Does 20-12 get them in?
Edit: correction that was the semifinal. They (A&M) get Kentucky/Tenn. winner.

Last edited:
Reactions: geddoughton23
Texas A&M wins today and is going dancing. Congrats to Coleman.
I jinxed Indiana they lost to Iowa. Does 20-12 get them in?
Edit: correction that was the semifinal. They (A&M) get Kentucky/Tenn. winner.
Indiana is now 20-13. They beat Michigan and Illinois this week, and gave Iowa a good game. Indiana should make the cut. I would certainly put them ahead of Michigan. I would like to see Indiana in the play-in game in Dayton. I don't like sending 16 seeds to Dayton for an extra game. Should be bubble teams only

Reactions: christophero
I watched the Texas AM game right up until they said,” it was said Coleman couldn’t play at Duke so he’s got a chip on his shoulder !” The. I turned it.

I really hope Michigan gets left out of the tournament.
It's hard not to see Coleman play and think Duke could have used that toughness. But as we've discussed, he would only get 10-15 minutes a game and guys want to start. He already is much better than DeLaurier who was ranked similarly in high school.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Indiana is now 20-13. They beat Michigan and Illinois this week, and gave Iowa a good game. Indiana should make the cut. I would certainly put them ahead of Michigan. I would like to see Indiana in the play-in game in Dayton. I don't like sending 16 seeds to Dayton for an extra game. Should be bubble teams only
I don't want Michigan and Juwan to get in. Screw that 🤡🤡

The computer rankings are silly. It all depends upon what your conference does in November and December. Thank goodness for Duke beating Kentucky and Gonzaga, or the ACC would be in bigger trouble. The conference bids are dependent upon the first third of the season. The final two thirds of the season are intra-conference.

I really don't think we can get 1 seed at this point. Really hope we have a 2 seed locked up as I don't want that 3-14 first round matchup.

I really hope Michigan gets left out of the tournament.
It's hard not to see Coleman play and think Duke could have used that toughness. But as we've discussed, he would only get 10-15 minutes a game and guys want to start. He already is much better than DeLaurier who was ranked similarly in high school.
The difference between Coleman and Javin, Javin accepted his role on the team and contributed. Coleman wasn’t waiting and never bought in. Yes he’s starting at Texas AM but it’s not like he’s a double double machine . What do you think would happen if he didn’t contribute for Buzz? That’s the issue with kids today . No one wants to come off the bench they all want to start or get starting minutes. He did what was best for him .

I do think if we lose tonight we could drop to the last 2 seed and be sent out west with the Zags. But I think we win tonight.

Kentucky looks so much more talented. Tennessee hanging on for fear life. A couple of bogus calls fouled out Tshiebewe
They remind me of a deeper UNC squad...a big man that's a double double machine and a bunch of shooters. If the 3 ball is going in they look really good, if not any average team can beat them.

As of a few hours ago Lunardi still had Gonzaga Arizona Kansas and Baylor as top seeds. Guess the first 3 are locks in my book. I don't want to go west but wouldn't mind being a 2 in the Arizona bracket since they lost their PG

Ucla is a 4 seed. If they beat Arizona after beating usc they could rise to the two line. Probably not but Arizona is ranked second.

As of a few hours ago Lunardi still had Gonzaga Arizona Kansas and Baylor as top seeds. Guess the first 3 are locks in my book. I don't want to go west but wouldn't mind being a 2 in the Arizona bracket since they lost their PG
Definitely! A #2 in the Arizona Region is desirable ....and it will not be in the West as Gonzaga will be out West

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I think the 2 seed locks is Tennessee if they win SEC championship, Duke Auburn and Perdue in no particular order

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT