ADVERTISEMENT

2017 recruit

DiehardDukeFan4Life

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 21, 2011
I just saw that Duke is recruiting a 4 star shooting guard named Gary Trent Jr. His dad is a former NBA player and he also comes from the same high school as our very own Tyus "Stones" Jones.

I remember him from watching two or three of Tyus' games in high school. He stood out to me as a very good player as a soph, he looked just as good as Tyus at the time, just more of a scorer obviously.

I think it's going to be a fun few upcoming years to be a Duke fan if we keep getting the players that we've been getting recently.

Last edited:
After I read about Gary Trent Jr. I read somewhere after that that there's another player in the class of 2017 that Gary Trent Jr talked about the possibly of them being a package deal, unfortunately I can't remember that players name.

After I read about Gary Trent Jr. I read somewhere after that that there's another player in the class of 2017 that Gary Trent Jr talked about the possibly of them being a package deal, unfortunately I can't remember that players name.

Wendell Carter.

Trent, Jr. is the real deal. He's blowing up this spring and will be a top 10 plater by every recruiting service when their new rankings come out. Maybe the best pure scorer in his class.

Any idea where we stand with him or is it too early to say?

It's been awhile since I read anything about him but in the article that I read about him at the time that I started this thread I remember him talking about playing with Tyus the year before and that Tyus winning a national championship at Duke has him thinking about Duke a lot.

I'm hoping Tyus can help work some magic. On a side note, do we think that the staff will offer Tre Jones?

Last edited:
Duke is definitely a major player in this one. Heard from one source yesterday that this was an offer Trent, Jr. was waiting on.
has to mean a lot just from the fact he saw what his teammate Tyus was able to do and the exposure he was able to get. Can't hurt.

Duke offered Trae Young during his visit this weekend. He looks to have a little Steph Curry in him.

Here is a clip of a nice back and forth with Gary Trent, Jr.

Gary Trent Jr. and Wendell Carter Jr. will be visiting Duke together next weekend, Oct. 17. A lot of talent in that package deal. Go Duke!

Reactions: DukeDenver
Sounds good to me. Tre Jones also got an offer, as I recall. So we're making some waves in Mini-soda basketball.

Is there a chance for positive recruiting news following the visit?

Nothing that won't be typical post visit fodder, but the fact they are coming on their own dime to CTC speaks loudly enough. Just take that into consideration.

Reactions: twdukefan and dbav
Any recent word on the other potential package deal-Porter and Young?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT