ADVERTISEMENT

Zion wanted to stay

He is not a Duke anymore but his legacy will help Duke more in the future than another year in college. If he would have stayed, we would be a overwhelming choice to win it all this year.

Even if he came back, wouldn't he still be injured and not playing right now?

Even so, this doesn't surprise me. Zion absolutely seemed to love the college atmosphere.

If we had Zion and Big Vernon in the front court together this season, they’d probably combine for something like 40-50ppg, 18-24rpg and 6bpg.

He is not a Duke anymore but his legacy will help Duke more in the future than another year in college. If he would have stayed, we would be a overwhelming choice to win it all this year.

This

Players like Zion are one in a million. He’s an unbelievable player but even more so what a great young man. You can tell how humble he is and how much he just wants play the game

He deserves to be healthy . Hoping he heals completely and has a full NBA career. Professional sports need more athletes like him. It would be a good thing for professional sports.
OFC

I 100% believe Z wanted to come back and be a kid! They were rockstars last year, and would have been this year of course. Would have been a story, but obviously a kid just cant- and nobody should have let him.

He was never coming back. He can say he was talked into it by others, but he was never coming back.

Reactions: JC CATS
I can’t help but laugh when people say “such and such player can say they were coming back but they were never coming back” as if they know for 100% fact that such and such player was never coming back.

I can’t help but laugh when people say “such and such player can say they were coming back but they were never coming back” as if they know for 100% fact that such and such player was never coming back.

Maybe, but the guy was considered the best prospect to come out of high school since Lebron, in a sport with the highest annual salary per player. Does anyone here actually think he was anywhere close to coming back?

I know it's easy for us to say, but if I was offered a job that would pay $10+ million dollars a year after my freshman year of college, I'm taking it no matter how much I love my school. I'm sure there was a part of him that would have liked to stay, but that part of him was never going to win.

Maybe, but the guy was considered the best prospect to come out of high school since Lebron, in a sport with the highest annual salary per player. Does anyone here actually think he was anywhere close to coming back?

I know it's easy for us to say, but if I was offered a job that would pay $10+ million dollars a year after my freshman year of college, I'm taking it no matter how much I love my school. I'm sure there was a part of him that would have liked to stay, but that part of him was never going to win.

That along with at the time a possible $100 million shoe contract. You couldn't get me to leave out of school that fast with that kind of money.

Just think if hof coach roy williams had not to Zion that he didn't he fit into the tar heel complicated system and he would have went to unc cheater u the Zion could come back and come back and come back until he got that complicated system down pat. OFC

Just another example in my opinion on how being wealthy affords you more freedom. How?

I think if Zion was Lebron's son or came from a family where he didn't have to work another day in his life, it would have made his decision so much easier, in that he would have been able to return, enjoy his youth, and not have to worry about missing out on a financial opportunity.

Just another example in my opinion on how being wealthy affords you more freedom. How?

I think if Zion was Lebron's son or came from a family where he didn't have to work another day in his life, it would have made his decision so much easier, in that he would have been able to return, enjoy his youth, and not have to worry about missing out on a financial opportunity.
I don’t disagree, but the same time, Zion was already sitting on a $10M insurance policy at Duke so in the absolute worst case scenario of him having a career ending injury his sophomore year he could still be fairly comfortable for the rest of his life. Barring that, the $100+ million would have still been there waiting for him the next year after winning back to back NPOY and leading Duke to #6. Not saying that I would have advised him to stay if he were my son but if he really wanted a longer college experience there is certainly SOME value in that.

I don’t disagree, but the same time, Zion was already sitting on a $10M insurance policy at Duke so in the absolute worst case scenario of him having a career ending injury his sophomore year he could still be fairly comfortable for the rest of his life. Barring that, the $100+ million would have still been there waiting for him the next year after winning back to back NPOY and leading Duke to #6. Not saying that I would have advised him to stay if he were my son but if he really wanted a longer college experience there is certainly SOME value in that.

But I thought Zion was getting a million dollars a year while at Duke anyway and his parents were set up with a job making $100,00.00 each as long as Zion was at Duke? Ooops. I wasn't supposed to say anything about was I . Hey heel fans I'm just kidding. :) OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
And some think Coach K is a better coach than me....YEA RIGHT! I would've held Zion hostage. Got the money guys to slip him a little more money

Imagine the back last K and Duke would of gotten if Zion returned and his current knee injury flared up. The media would of turned it into K and Dukes falt and would of been a good recruiting tool against Duke with other elite recruits.

As much as I love Zions play and wanted more of him in a Duke uniform, it was time for that young man to go and get paid....

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT