ADVERTISEMENT

Zion the Blue Devil

I actually read a poster on UNC that said Zion wouldn't even start for UNC next season because the incoming freshmen and returning players were better.

Delusional disorder for sure!

I logged out and went over to RR to see if they had started the healing process from last night 20 thread meltdown...they literally have a thread titled "Do we have room for Zion?"....OH . MY. GOD. Have they not watched their team play a single game this year???
I saw that thread. It’s their already built in excuse for if/when he chooses another school lol

Reactions: DukefanKY
The Zion buzz is really starting to kick in and I just love the position that we are in. Holes and Mildcats are on the edge of their seats while we sit here with the #1,#2 and #8 recruits already locked up for 2018. They are acting like Zion will make or break them lol and we are on cruise control. Either way, we are good....

I hate this thread because I never felt Zion was coming to Duke, then this kinda gets me to over thinking and gives me a glimmer of excitement of what could be. Curse yall

There has been no movement by the experts except towards Clemson.

Who wouldn't want to be a part of the greatest collection of talent in college basketball history????????????

In Zions latest interview he mentioned one of the most important factors in choosing a school was the business side/brand working for him 20 years down the road....interesting quote.

Still think he lands elsewhere but I think hes more likely Duke bound than UNC or UK honestly...well see!

In Zions latest interview he mentioned one of the most important factors in choosing a school was the business side/brand working for him 20 years down the road....interesting quote.

Still think he lands elsewhere but I think hes more likely Duke bound than UNC or UK honestly...well see!

I think kids say a lot of things. For branding purposes, then I would think Duke, UK and even UNC. But for the purpose of getting what he might most desire, which IMO, would be playing time, being featured, staying close to home, etc....then Clemson would make sense, too.

I always like a line that Clint uses often and I used above....manufactured suspense. I heard him first use it probably a dozen years ago and I don't feel much has changed. Every time a big recruit comes down to the wire like this we hear rumors and such. I'd love him at Duke, but I don't see it. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.....because it would be fun to see a few fanbases squirm.

If Duke, it would be a shocker to almost everyone. If it's Duke, the K must have completely delivered some message which changed everything.

I'm not going to be surprised by where he announces. I anticipate Clemson. My alter ego say UNC. My dark horse is South Carolina.

If Duke, it would be a shocker to almost everyone. If it's Duke, the K must have completely delivered some message which changed everything.

I'm not going to be surprised by where he announces. I anticipate Clemson. My alter ego say UNC. My dark horse is South Carolina.

Enough people who know their stuff have seemed to say it is a long, long, LONG shot.

I think most people will be absolutely shocked if he announces for Duke.

Reactions: timo0402
According to an article linked in thread on RR it looks like there’s been a slight change in the time of Zuon’s announcement. His announcement has been changed from 8 to 8:15 and will now be announced on Sportscenter on ESPN2.

Reactions: Knee56
I don't think he's coming to Duke either. Hope I'm wrong but it would be a log jam. If he does I'm certain Coach K will work it out. As far as unc goes Maye is back along with Williams and Johnson. They have Felton whom a lot of thr experts say he is destined to be a superstar. Coby White, Nassir Little and Zion would be a heck of a recruiting class for them and although as not as big of a log jam at Duke unc would be a log jam also. hof coach roy wiliams is going to start one of his soph bigs no matter what. If he goes to Clemson he will be the man but I just can't see a natty even with him going there. They would be a big threat in the ACC though. He may indeed go the Carolina. ( South Carolina) who knows. I think if he doesn't come to Duke he goes to KU or UK. I just don't want to have to deal with him. OFC

Let's all load up, head down to the Beacon, order a chili cheese a plenty, and welcome Zion to Duke.

At some point I had to get a Beacon reference (the greatest burger place in the Southeast located in Spartanburg) in this thread.

Let's all load up, head down to the Beacon, order a chili cheese a plenty, and welcome Zion to Duke.

At some point I had to get a Beacon reference (the greatest burger place in the Southeast located in Spartanburg) in this thread.

Tell him a Beacon s opening up on Duke's campus. Tell him Show is building it. Once he gets to Duke it won't matter because he's only going to stay one year. Let's do what other schools do and just tell him what needs to be told. Really just kidding about that. I'm very happy with what we have coming and staying . If Zion decides to come to Duke then he will instantly become a Dukie and no matter how long he stays I will look at him as a Dukie. OFC

This just out of our ups drivers mouth( yes he’s a tarhole fan). “Zion is a lock to unx, and with the recruits we have coming in, we WILL hang another banner next year”
All I could say was wow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT