ADVERTISEMENT

Zion the Blue Devil

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Got a feeling he decides to be part of the greatest class ever in NCAA basketball history
and signs with Duke.
Coaching staff went to see him yesterday . This would be first time ever the number 1,2,3 players went to the same school.
Jones, Barrett, Zion, Cameron and Bolden starters w Javin, O’Connell, Goldwire, Robinson, Vrankovic and White coming off the bench.
Might be the best team ever in ACC once the freshman start playing like sophomores.

Got a feeling he decides to be part of the greatest class ever in NCAA basketball history
and signs with Duke.
Coaching staff went to see him yesterday . This would be first time ever the number 1,2,3 players went to the same school.
Jones, Barrett, Zion, Cameron and Bolden starters w Delaurier, O’Connell, Goldwire, Robinson, Vrankovic and White coming off the bench.
Might be the best team ever in ACC once the freshman start playing like sophomores.

I don't see it, but if you're right, I will lose my voice for two days!!

Reactions: dbav and DBM0828
I don't see it, but if you're right, I will lose my voice for two days!!
I’m telling you guys...when I saw him at the Beachball Classic there were tons of people standing in line wearing UNC, Clemson, USC, and Duke apparel. When we got to get a photo and autograph he told his handlers “Look at all these people wearing Duke. I love seeing it.” My son stood in line each night he was there. I never heard him mention another school like that. Could be nothing, could be a lot. Either way of he chooses Duke I’ll be hoarse for a month.

I logged out and went over to RR to see if they had started the healing process from last night 20 thread meltdown...they literally have a thread titled "Do we have room for Zion?"....OH . MY. GOD. Have they not watched their team play a single game this year???

You are probably right but I don’t think coaching staff made the trip to Spartanburg this week to eat at Denny’s. Jones, Cameron and RJ might turn out to be good recruiters.

I think Duke has made an investment in Zion and they're going to follow through on that. I don't expect him at Duke....but there's been much bigger shockers in the recruiting world before.

Because things have been so quiet from his camp it makes sense to follow through to the end. We'll see.

Reactions: Dad2ze and timo0402
I think Duke has made an investment in Zion and they're going to follow through on that. I don't expect him at Duke....but there's been much bigger shockers in the recruiting world before.

Because things have been so quiet from his camp it makes sense to follow through to the end. We'll see.
Pretty much. There’s no reason for them not to make the trip for one last pitch on what we can offer. His mind might already be made up but after a few years of investment into him, why not.

Like you i haven’t felt we would get him for a long while now. Always said clemson or uk and I’ll stick with that and go with clemson like the majority of other people making guesses.

I also think by following through and respecting ones word during the recruiting process goes a long way in showing other recruits you'll stand true on your recruiting pitch. I do think it's a great gesture to see it out until the end before turning full attention to another recruit. Duke has had contact with EJ Montgomery and others.

Don’t think we need him. Outside of transition dunking I still don’t see his half court skill set. It won’t be that easy to drive in college. Now if he doesn’t mind being the dumpoff/clean up guy then I’ll take him. I just can’t see him being anything but the 4th option for us

Reactions: HonkeyT

As long as he doesn’t Skype his answer I’ll be happy.

A talent like him coaches won't pass on and will find a way to incorporate into the offense. I tend to agree that Zion is unique and it might be hard to blend his skills with RJ & Cam, but K has found a way to put Bagley on the court with Carter and Grayson, so maybe Zion in the Bagley role?

As stated many times by others, if Duke landed Reid Travis or a player like him, that would mesh better with Bolden as the 5.

Can you imagine rr and thr should he choose us? Oh my!

Some of those posts would be worth printing and framing! And then again when they had to watch him play against them in the champions classic!!

When do they start sending death threats to K and Capel for recruiting over them???

Reactions: Dad2ze and QC Dukie
Fun Spartanburg dennys story.. one of my best friends from high school made a friend at college and his grandparents lived in upstate SC. They kept telling him the next time he came to visit they had an awesome restaurant they wanted to take him too.. when he finally went down there it was dennys HA

Fun Spartanburg dennys story.. one of my best friends from high school made a friend at college and his grandparents lived in upstate SC. They kept telling him the next time he came to visit they had an awesome restaurant they wanted to take him too.. when he finally went down there it was dennys HA
Lol! That’s hilarious. There must be something to this Denny’s. Maybe I should drive all the way down there and check this particular Denny’s out. Lol

Reactions: pisgah101

Some connected UNC folks seem to think UNC has a good chance here. I don't buy it. Everything screams Clemson to me.

Just heard on sports talk radio that Zion is a big unc lean. To be honest I can't remember the name of the show. It is 104.5 FM out of N.C. which is a Fox Sports affiliate. One of the co-host is a big heel fan and he admits it but he said Duke was out and he was pretty confident about his source. Has guru gary -7 ever claimed among his many talents that he is a sports talk show host. :DOFC

Just heard on sports talk radio that Zion is a big unc lean. To be honest I can't remember the name of the show. It is 104.5 FM out of N.C. which is a Fox Sports affiliate. One of the co-host is a big heel fan and he admits it but he said Duke was out and he was pretty confident about his source. Has guru gary -7 ever claimed among his many talents that he is a sports talk show host. :DOFC

There's also some guy on THR named Heelswin and is claiming to have a source saying Zion is going to UNC. He said his source is 90% sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT