ADVERTISEMENT

Your starters ?

I want beat player on the floor don't care if it's Bagley or Bolden

And that's the way it should be. That means the best five and that may vary from time to time according to chemistry, match ups and just whose playing well at the time. That's the way coach k has always done it regardless of who we think are the best. It's who he thinks is best and it's why he's the G.O.A.T. I don't very seriously we are going to change our perceptions of who should be on the court but I guarantee Coach K ain't. OFC

Reactions: christophero
And that's the way it should be. That means the best five and that may vary from time to time according to chemistry, match ups and just whose playing well at the time. That's the way coach k has always done it regardless of who we think are the best. It's who he thinks is best and it's why he's the G.O.A.T. I don't very seriously we are going to change our perceptions of who should be on the court but I guarantee Coach K ain't. OFC

I think K has a real extra fire in his belly this year, following last season's embarrassing ending and what happened down the road. I'd love to see him DOUBLE UP lying, cheating "HOF" coach RoyKnew in nattys Sky.

He will get the line-up right and he has variables (believe it or not) to consider if Bagley wants to come to Duke. Heck yeah by all means we want the best talent available. K also has to weigh timing of everything- we're on the cusp of ten days of practice for our foreign trip, and I know as a coach, K would like to have his group intact for such a journey, because a team begins to build an identity, establish some roles, sets on offense, etc,etc.....

Bottom line, he will take everything into account, and make it work. Why? Because like Sky said he's the G.O.A.T and we're so lucky to have him....

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
I might look at this different but I think the bench players will be ready to relieve the starters even if for brief minutes. I just think White, Big V, O'Connell, Javin and one of Tucker or Goldwire saw that a bench is needed for a deep run and success. I think Dukes bench even if it's just two or three players help out a lot this season.

zoubek was horrible, and still is..7 foot and can't do no better then he did is embarrassing ...im sure he's a good guy, thank you for 2010, I love you because you played for Duke, wish you the best, and sure ur way more successful then I will ever be, but yea. i ain't 7 foot either. lmao...zoubek made me break a few tv remotes... lmao.

zoubek was horrible, and still is..7 foot and can't do no better then he did is embarrassing ...im sure he's a good guy, thank you for 2010, I love you because you played for Duke, wish you the best, and sure ur way more successful then I will ever be, but yea. i ain't 7 foot either. lmao...zoubek made me break a few tv remotes... lmao.

I'll tell you what's embarrassing...your posts

Again, a weak attempt at trying to prove Zoobs was 'terrible'. Duke has one more title, partly because of his play. He was a very good collegiate post player, especially in the last months of his career.

Good day.

Reactions: hart2chesson

Zoub wasn't horrible. Nor was he embarrassing. I'm happy he gave Duke 4 years. He played a big part in our 2010 natty as did several other older players. I doubt we would have won the natty that tear if not for his contributions especially late in his senior year. Let us not forget injuries really held him back early on. OFC

Our starting 5 will be Bagley(if he comes), Carter, Trent, Grayson, and Duval. Our bench will be Bolden, Javin, Tucker and sometimes Vrank. If no Bagley then Bolden or Javin as 5th starter. Regarding Zoubek he was finally healthy his senior year. His junior year he would play really well for 2 or 3 minutes and then disappear or start fouling. That's conditioning. I do remember him traveling a lot his first few seasons. But he made up for that with a wonderful senior year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dukesince90
Bet you were impressed with Greg Oden then. How'd he work out for teams? He was seven foot, the number one pick and ain't even in the league.

Hey bud , how bout you tone down the GD stupidity at this board ? Now you're insulting Zoubek? Your agenda here is to argue with others and aggravate. That's not what we do here. Tone it down or your ass is gonna be outta here.

Zoubek's development his senior year allowed Duke to play "small" and win a national title. He was actually very talented coming into Duke, for those of you who bother to watch HS highlights. His problem was the game was too fast for him and his footwork and hands had to catch up to the game which it did just in time his senior year. He also worked really hard on his conditioning and was a rock by senior year. Anyone who is essential to a national title at Duke should never be criticized except maybe jokingly.

Reactions: skysdad
Hey bud , how bout you tone down the GD stupidity at this board ? Now you're insulting Zoubek? Your agenda here is to argue with others and aggravate. That's not what we do here. Tone it down or your ass is gonna be outta here.

Good job Show, we dont need those types...

OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
Zoubek's development his senior year allowed Duke to play "small" and win a national title. He was actually very talented coming into Duke, for those of you who bother to watch HS highlights. His problem was the game was too fast for him and his footwork and hands had to catch up to the game which it did just in time his senior year. He also worked really hard on his conditioning and was a rock by senior year. Anyone who is essential to a national title at Duke should never be criticized except maybe jokingly.
Criticism will happen when you come to Duke. It's not to say a guy isn't valuable to the team. People say you have to put your big boy pants on when you play here. I agree but that street goes both ways to an extent.
Let's not kid ourselves about Zoubek. For 3 years, he was not good at all. I remember either his sophomore or junior season, the announcer Mike Patrick, I think, after Zoubek got called for traveling, said "he's been called so much for traveling their calling it on him before he touches the ball."
I'm glad he played at Duke, he gave it all he had, hung in there and maximized his talents. He played with heart.

Zoubek had a pretty tough go his first few seasons at Duke. One because he wasn't prepared for the speed of college basketball, but another because he battled some pretty serious foot issues. Even when he did play those first few seasons you see his talent, but he was never able to fully capitalize, again, partly because of injury. Nonetheless, he can not get enough credit for what he accomplished his senior season. He was the difference-maker for that Duke team. His play inspired the whole team.

Starters
Duval
Grayson
Bagley
Carter
Bolden or Vrank (idc which, i hope Vrank makes it hard to choose)

or
Duval
Trent
Grayson
Bagley
Carter

Marvin can play the 3 in college.

Given K's track record, I'd be shocked if we landed Bagley and ever saw him at the 3 outside of maybe an end of game defensive situation. May hurt our spacing and 3-pt shooting. He is IDEAL to play the 4 for us.

Every recent article states that if we land Bagley we will be preseason #1 in every poll, given last year, not sure how I feel about that. Of course though, you take the talent then figure it out.

Reactions: Swervin_Irvin_Duke
You must be 5'1 and never had an injury in your life. LMAO, LOL!
No and no. I directed that at " lol" kid who stated Zoubek was bad just thought I'd throw in another seven footer who was better but got hindered by injury much like Zoubek. So LMAO.

No and no. I directed that at " lol" kid who stated Zoubek was bad just thought I'd throw in another seven footer who was better but got hindered by injury much like Zoubek. So LMAO.
My fault Shey, I meant to direct that post towards the psychotic lmao poster.

My fault Shey, I meant to direct that post towards the psychotic lmao poster.
No problem I've just learned there is something about the true centers and height that always leaves them with knee and foot injuries which is what hindered Zoubs a lot. That left foot

Good opportunity to pull out some favorites…

Brian Zoubek is "... a mountain masquerading as a man." - VT coach Seth Greenberg,

ncb_u_dukets2_576.jpg

zoubek.jpg

feb-13-2010-durham-north-carolina-us-13-february-2009-duke-senior-dkyk34.jpg
16 17 game IIRC that started it all.

Then insert photo of his D and rebound against Gordon H in the last few seconds of the 2010 game.

And then insert maybe the greatest photo in Duke basketball history... the one of Zoubs sitting like Abe at the White House during the team visit. Sorry, can't find it ATM.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
I don't know that there was a single starter that team could have done without....In my opinion, that was a group of guys who all needed each other, and each one was about as important as the other. Just a gutsy, no quit in them, huge basketball IQ collection of fun players to watch....I just really loved their will to win.

Again, a weak attempt at trying to prove Zoobs was 'terrible'. Duke has one more title, partly because of his play. He was a very good collegiate post player, especially in the last months of his career.

Good day.
No he wasn't

Zoobs and mp3, two bigs who may have been less talented but laid it on the freaking line every time out. Two true Blue Devils that I won't ever forget!!
And they both have national championship rings.
Completely agree. Two guys who weren't the most skilled guys on the team but gave everything they had. If more kids that came to Duke played with their intensity, K would have 3-4 more titles. Anyone who doesn't appreciate what they did doesn't know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart.

Bet you were impressed with Greg Oden then. How'd he work out for teams? He was seven foot, the number one pick and ain't even in the league.
Who the hell even mentioned Greg oden? ..That's why I usually don't give you any mind.....Ur usuall debates/defense whatever you want to call it include nothing but putting words in people's mouths and terrible theory's ..lmao, but I don't even know why I'm responding but Greg oden did he by any chance have health problems? ..any chance? Hahaha lord

Zoubek absolutely was a big part of 2010 and that natty. Not sure what the problem is ...I'm agreeing and haven't said otherwise?... I simply said I wasn't Impressed..the least bit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT