ADVERTISEMENT

You Might be a TARHEEL If...

You might be a tar heel if you think kendall marshall will be one of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time along with tyler hansbrough, harrison barnes, p j hairston, marcus paige, joel berry, nassar little, big luke maye, tony bradley, ed davis, john henson, issaih hicks, theo pinson, mahktar ndiaye, ty zeller, jalek felton, brendon haywood, marvin williams, all the millers, justin jackson,danny green ... I'm tired. Someone else take over. OFC

I've always had a problem with this. 1st and foremost I don't think God really cares who wins much less than being a tar heel fan. I've always thought that was about the dumbest thing to come out of a tar heel fans mouth. Then they turn around and tell you that Duke is evil because of the mascot being the Blue Devil. I'm not just posting something to make a big deal of it but I know personally tar heel fans who believe both. Just had the other day a tar heel fan giving me some grief about the Blue Devil. I told her yep Blue Devil fans all sinners. OFC

I've always had a problem with this. 1st and foremost I don't think God really cares who wins much less than being a tar heel fan. I've always thought that was about the dumbest thing to come out of a tar heel fans mouth. Then they turn around and tell you that Duke is evil because of the mascot being the Blue Devil. I'm not just posting something to make a big deal of it but I know personally tar heel fans who believe both. Just had the other day a tar heel fan giving me some grief about the Blue Devil. I told her yep Blue Devil fans all sinners. OFC

This is embarrassing LOL. My local Elem and middle school is the bethel blue demons and I remember people crying about that a few years ago. It's been names that since the 20's though pretty stupid

Well it looks like karma dealt us a death blow on this post tonight around 10:00.

Maybe we need to wait until after the game next time to make fun of the cheaters.

Well it looks like karma dealt us a death blow on this post tonight around 10:00.

Maybe we need to wait until after the game next time to make fun of the cheaters.

Gotta, I can only speak for myself, but I don't feel any different about this thread after losing the game than before it was played.

I kid about Karma, and such myself, but as I've stated before, I don't believe in that, or superstitions (it's kinda fun to think that it has an effect though). Nothing I can say, wear, or do will have an influence on Duke basketball.

And don't think for a minute that the Tar Heel fans will have mercy on Duke fans...if the Duke fans play nice...won't happen. I tried that for years when I not only pulled for Duke, but also Carolina (except against Duke), in the 60's & early 70's. When Duke was beating Carolina (and I never said anything), everything was okay, but just as soon as the Heels won...they were all over my ass. I finally got tired of that one day, and said to hell with it. The Tar Heel fans (that I know) who don't run their mouth to me, then I treat them with equal respect, but the ones that want to really rub in...that's okay too...but as most of them have learned by now, I can give it back in spades when my turn comes.

And in the spirit of this thread, if anyone thinks UNC winning tonight's game against Duke is going to keep your ass from being spanked at Cameron, then you just might be a TarHeel:cool:.

OFC

Last edited:
When face book unc fans light it up when they win but when they get spanked by Wofford you wouldn't think there were any unc fans on face book. OFC

Gotta, I can only speak for myself, but I don't feel any different about this thread after losing the game than before it was played.

I kid about Karma, and such myself, but as I've stated before, I don't believe in that, or superstitions (it's kinda fun to think that it has an effect though). Nothing I can say, wear, or do will have an influence on Duke basketball.

And don't think for a minute that the Tar Heel fans will have mercy on Duke fans...if the Duke fans play nice...won't happen. I tried that for years when I not only pulled for Duke, but also Carolina (except against Duke), in the 60's & early 70's. When Duke was beating Carolina (and I never said anything), everything was okay, but just as soon as the Heels won...they were all over my ass. I finally got tired of that one day, and said to hell with it. The Tar Heel fans (that I know) who don't run their mouth to me, then I treat them with equal respect, but the ones that want to really rub in...that's okay too...but as most of them have learned by now, I can give it back in spades when my turn comes.

And in the spirit of this thread, if anyone thinks UNC winning tonight's game against Duke is going to keep your ass from being spanked at Cameron, then you just might be a TarHeel:cool:.

OFC

Come on Dirt, no one actually believes in Karma do they? Also I never said we should play nice to UNC fans, they can all kiss my big fat butt. My post was intended to lighten the dark moment and of course I also think we will spank ass at CIS next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Come on Dirt, no one actually believes in Karma do they? Also I never said we should play nice to UNC fans, they can all kiss my big fat butt. My post was intended to lighten the dark moment and of course I also think we will spank ass at CIS next time.

I wasn't coming down on you, Gotta, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with what you said (whether you meant it or it was sarcasm). I just thought you were a little down after losing to the Heels (hey, who wouldn't be). I just posted my experiences with Tar Heel fans here in NC, and how it has shaped my thinking. But yeah, I think we're on the same page.

OFC

Rough day at work with those idiots, but I survived. We better curb stomp those cheating bast**** at Cameron.
Yeah QC, I had to witness two Holes high five in each other first thing this morning. They were quiet all day yesterday and then when they won last night, they were saying "damn right, that's my Heels." Bunch of pricks!

I wasn't coming down on you, Gotta, and I didn't think there was anything wrong with what you said (whether you meant it or it was sarcasm). I just thought you were a little down after losing to the Heels (hey, who wouldn't be). I just posted my experiences with Tar Heel fans here in NC, and how it has shaped my thinking. But yeah, I think we're on the same page.

OFC
Actually I think I took this loss better than the previous 4 but was expecting us to win. I credited UNC's excellent 2nd half performance and shutting us down more than our poor play. They just had their way with us which I still don't see how that and opening the 2nd half on a 16 to 2 run was possible. Being from North Carolina and having attended none of the schools I was once just a Big Four fan who pulled for Duke, NCSU, WF and oddly UNC.
I am proud to say that Devils Illustrated helped mold me to greatly dislike UNC. I still pull for NC State and Wake unless the are playing Duke and I damn sure always pull for UNC to lose every game and in every thing they participate in be it sports or what. I even hate to see pictures of the UNC campus or its students, facilities, its doctors or anyone who attended the school.

Last edited:
I saw how the idiots in Chapel Hill celebrated after the win and how some of my church friends were gloating on Facebook and its enough to cause horrible diarrhea or constipation.

Their fans are so cocky and arrogant right now. While watching ESPN Game Day when the put up the mock sweet sixteen and seeds the unc fans I work with were pissed the heels weren't at least a #2 seed. These are the same guys who said just before the Pitt. game that the heels might not make the dance. I couldn't say much after what they did to us I just smiled as they talked. One more thing as I walked in the door both of them said they had something they would like me to have and through me 2 really nice white sports towels that they meant as crying towels. I thanked them and took them out to my car because I'm keeping them. I'm sure they wanted them back but what could they do. OFC

Their fans are so cocky and arrogant right now. While watching ESPN Game Day when the put up the mock sweet sixteen and seeds the unc fans I work with were pissed the heels weren't at least a #2 seed. These are the same guys who said just before the Pitt. game that the heels might not make the dance. I couldn't say much after what they did to us I just smiled as they talked. One more thing as I walked in the door both of them said they had something they would like me to have and through me 2 really nice white sports towels that they meant as crying towels. I thanked them and took them out to my car because I'm keeping them. I'm sure they wanted them back but what could they do. OFC

Don't worry, Sky, you'll have the opportunity to give 'em the crying towels back in about 3 weeks. Payback is a b.

OFC

Sky you know what I always say when they really get under my skin? Piss on the Tar Heels as they will look better wet.
!

Reactions: skysdad
This doesn’t specifically have anything to do with the thread but I didn’t want to start a new thread for this. I just read a pretty interesting article on Facebook about Roy Williams. It said that Roy William hasn’t called a timeout in 140 minutes and he’s only called 1 timeout during their current 4 game win streak. The article was from Scout.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT