ADVERTISEMENT

Who's watching

Had them beat, but a dumb call to basically give Tn life and took it to overtime.

Game over if Vandy gets calls like UNC at home. Or if Williams wasn’t 20-20 from FT line.

That was frustrating to watch. Tennessee not exactly playing like the number 1 team in the country.

I'm not sure I would say taking the number 1 ranked team to overtime and Losing by 5 is stupidly bad
Vandy had every opportunity to put the game away. They were up 6 with 1:22 left and they made some real stupid decisions there at the end that cost them the game

Did I hear them say that Tenn's Williams would likely be the NPOTY. Say it isn't so.

Did I hear them say that Tenn's Williams would likely be the NPOTY. Say it isn't so.
I can’t see any reason why he would be right now over Zion. Zion has better numbers and his efficiency is historically high. I think Ja Morant has a better shot at the moment than Williams but I would still put Zion ahead because of the level of competition he’s playing against. I worry that he will be penalized for playing for Duke and being a freshman but I still think it would be hard to argue at this point.

Made the wrong assumption when I read the thread title...

4b553c3f71326a030f78b528f8bc856e75ff0fca5dcbcb4da30d9bee34002239.jpg

I jinxed it! I turned it on, and the wheels came off. My bad!

They just need some other names to talk about. Zion is the NPOY right now. It’s not even that close.
I cant imagine anyone except Zion by a long shot even though no one has asked me for my official vote.

Grant Williams at this point is likely a 1st Team All-American. But National Player of the Year? Not quite. He's got a long ways to go to catch Zion, IMO.

I’m a huge Zion fan and been one since his soph year when he was 6’3 180. But Williams in strongly in the running for POY. His team is ranked number one and he’s averaging 20ppg 8reb almost two blocks and a steal. I think right now it’s a three player race between them two and the unbelievable talented kid Ja Mortant. Basically it will likely come down to team success since all three will put up crazy numbers. Barrett may hurt Zion’s case though numbers wise

Grant Williams at this point is likely a 1st Team All-American. But National Player of the Year? Not quite. He's got a long ways to go to catch Zion, IMO.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I’m a huge Zion fan and been one since his soph year when he was 6’3 180. But Williams in strongly in the running for POY. His team is ranked number one and he’s averaging 20ppg 8reb almost two blocks and a steal. I think right now it’s a three player race between them two and the unbelievable talented kid Ja Mortant. Basically it will likely come down to team success since all three will put up crazy numbers. Barrett may hurt Zion’s case though numbers wise

It's not close. If it was voted on today, Zion would (and should) win in a landslide.

Grant Williams is a heckuva player. But he ain't shooting 67% from the floor. If Tennessee were to go 18-0 in the SEC, then he'd have a much better argument. As of today, I really don't think it's that close. Zion's efficiency is off the charts... And I love Morant. Great, great prospect. He'll probably be an All-American, but I think he's more likely to fall on the 2nd or 3rd Team, mostly due to playing for a mid-major team that isn't a lock for the tournament. I know most teams wouldn't want to play Murray State in the first round, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT