ADVERTISEMENT

What is it like Defending Zion?

Maybe we should ask the kid from Syracuse who took the charge on Zion. If I remember correctly, he left the game and didn't return.

My favorite quotes/comments about Zion from other players was when George Blagojevic commented that when he said something to Zion and Zion just smiled back at him and didn’t say anything and how Myles Stephen commented about how he accidentally elbowed Zion in the nose during the game but Zion didn’t say anything and just kept playing.

Maybe we should ask the kid from Syracuse who took the charge on Zion. If I remember correctly, he left the game and didn't return.
He’s still sitting in his chair in the locker room shaking and talking incoherently.

I believe defending, or being defended by, Zion is a lot like this:

giphy.gif

Likely like when I had to defend Nate James in AAU practice a couple times a week. He wasn’t as athletic or quick but he was athletic and quick enough as well as strong compared to my 185 pound frame

Nate was and always will be a bad, bad man.

I formally nominate dbavs post for best post with a Movie clip.

Worst thing for the SU kid was I think he took the brunt of that charge to the nuts. As the saying goes, when it's all nuts, there's no glory. At long last Larry Brown finally has someone he can relate to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT