2. Lance Thomas
3. Amille Jefferson
4. Brian Zoubek
5. Marshall Plumlee
6. Andre Dawkins
7. Ryan Kelly
8. Matt Jones

OFC

We gave up on them at some point during the season?

That's very close. They were all criticized right much during their years at Duke but everyone of them had a hand in winning a national championship and everyone of the gave us at least four years. So grateful each and everyone of them decided to play for Duke. OFC

have in common. Give it some thought.

1. Quinn Cook
2. Lance Thomas
3. Amille Jefferson
4. Brian Zoubek
5. Marshall Plumlee
6. Andre Dawkins
7. Ryan Kelly
8. Matt Jones

OFC
I'm not giving up on Jones. He has a value to the team, but I honestly think he plays a little too much. I would cut his minutes back to about 25-30. For the most part he's a liability on offense. Yes he hustles and has heart, but he shouldn't play 36-40 minutes a game. Just my opinion Sky

I'm not giving up on Jones. He has a value to the team, but I honestly think he plays a little too much. I would cut his minutes back to about 25-30. For the most part he's a liability on offense. Yes he hustles and has heart, but he shouldn't play 36-40 minutes a game. Just my opinion Sky

I wasn't implying that anyone should play 36-40 minutes a game. I just wanted to make the board aware of what these players has meant to the Duke program. OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
I wasn't implying that anyone should play 36-40 minutes a game. I just wanted to make the board aware of what these players has meant to the Duke program. OFC
I agree with you. I admire a kid that puts at least 4 years into a program. It's easy for us to criticize them but at end of the day, I'm glad we have had all of them

Reactions: skysdad
I agree with you. I admire a kid that puts at least 4 years into a program. It's easy for us to criticize them but at end of the day, I'm glad we have had all of them

That makes me proud that you are a Duke fan. OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Half of that list also sniffed the NBA. I hope we get Luke (for 2 more) and Grayson back. I would love to see those jerseys hanging in Cameron along with #6.

Reactions: Dad2ze
I said in another thread but my son and wife met Matt and Luke at a Christian concert in Raleigh last year. They sat beside both on the lawn and both were very humble and talked with my son the whole time. I love what Matt brings to the team. Yes, there have been times I wished he would stop shooting 3s but the guy has probably the best lockdown D on the team. We can't win another Natty without anyone on this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeDenver
Half of that list also sniffed the NBA. I hope we get Luke (for 2 more) and Grayson back. I would love to see those jerseys hanging in Cameron along with #6.
Grayson and Luke aren't coming back. I'll say Grayson has the best chance at returning I think Luke bolts. His parents are at everygame home and away.

That's very close. They were all criticized right much during their years at Duke but everyone of them had a hand in winning a national championship and everyone of the gave us at least four years. So grateful each and everyone of them decided to play for Duke. OFC
They all have a natty, yet all of them also suffered first round losses in the tournament:eek:. In fact I thought that was were you were going at first Sky! Lol

Reactions: skysdad
Grayson and Luke aren't coming back. I'll say Grayson has the best chance at returning I think Luke bolts. His parents are at everygame home and away.
Yikes, really? Although Luke made an impressive jump this off-season and is arguably the MVP of the 2017 season - going forward his game is significantly flawed for the NBA. I think him and Grayson get together and agree to give it one last go next season. For better or worse (chances) I feel they are a packaged deal.

Well Sky, since the answer has already been given, I will just say this, I have really enjoyed watching all of those kids, and I am really glad that they chose to play for Duke. With the day of the one and done and the transfers seeming to be happening more and more, it just makes me long for the times of the 4 year players. I know it's pretty much a thing of the past, but it sure was (and still is) fun watching the kids develop. Oh well, next play!
Go Duke!
OFC

Not sure what his parents being at the games has to do with him leaving for the NBA. There are always parents at the games.

I agree 100%. Jones is a decent player but no way he should get more than 30 minutes. It is frustrating watching so many 5 star (McDonald All Americans) under-perform. Whether you blame the injuries, the players, or even coach K this season has been a let down. I don't mind losing to ranked teams like Kansas, Florida St and Louisville, but I can't understand losing to teams with less talent like Virginia Tech, NC State, Syracuse and Miami. In my opinion I blame Coach K.

Agreed! Grayson's stock dropped a little and I think him returning will be a good thing. Luke's not ready. He's good this year but he's not NBA ready. With those two returning will be huge for us. Plus, if they return, both the 5 and 3 will be retired.

I agree completely. Hope someone wants an avatar bet again. Worked out well for me last year. We got a few new jerks on here this year I wouldn't mind having a Luke maye pic lol

Agreed! Grayson's stock dropped a little and I think him returning will be a good thing. Luke's not ready. He's good this year but he's not NBA ready. With those two returning will be huge for us. Plus, if they return, both the 5 and 3 will be retired.
I'm on the side that says they both return next year. The thought of those two along with Giles and bolden back, plus Carter, Trent, and trevon coming in......oh my!

I tend to agree. Luke has actually moved ahead of Grayson in the mock drafts so it could be more likely Grayson stays than Kennard although I think both leave anyway.

Grayson is projected no where. He stays Luke is the only one of the two that might go but I'll be beyond shocked if he goes.

Grayson is projected no where. He stays Luke is the only one of the two that might go but I'll be beyond shocked if he goes.
Well then you will be shocked. I'd be blown away shocked if Grayson decides to come back as well. Giles and Tatum are gone. The only one I don't know about is Bolden- who knows what his decision will be.

I agree completely. Hope someone wants an avatar bet again. Worked out well for me last year. We got a few new jerks on here this year I wouldn't mind having a Luke maye pic lol
There is no way Grayson returns and Luke is 50/50. If anything I could see Grayson playing somewhere else while going to grad school. I am willing to bet he wishes he would have left after last year and I think Luke will look at things that happened to Grayson this year and bolt.

Everyone was certain of Grayson last year to
If Grayson comes back it will be a shock! There is no way he is enjoying basketball at Duke right now. It has to be miserable for him. His draft stock is on a downward spiral and on some mocks he is not even drafted. In my opinion Luke will not take the same chance. I don't know how much more his stock can go up after this season.

Some of you think that we will have a backcourt of Allen, Kennard, Jackson, Trent Jr., and possibly Duval? Interesting.

I never thought we would get this much discussion about these 8 guys. OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
I don't necessarily think both will be back but one of the two will. And I could see both coming back. I may be disappointed but I don't think so. And yes most thought he was gone. So much so that crank wanted to bet on it LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT