ADVERTISEMENT

Weather

Went out yesterday, bought an extra refrigerator. Not really snowed in, but thanks to you guys, it’s stocked with 4 gallons of milk, 2 cases of high life (and I don’t drink), 3 cases of bottled water, and 1 large watermelon.

Made even better watching this Gonzaga/Tennessee game.

We’ve been fortunate to keep our power throughout this whole thing, but the dish went out a long time ago. Thankfully I didn’t watch the panthers lose to the CLEVELAND BROWNS. Eugh

Reactions: hpnole and skysdad
Well, no captions from anyone. I added one of my own. Doubt anyone will know what it means (think old song), except for maybe some of the OFC'ers.

EdfniMO.jpg

OFC
Hey Steat, yes Gary, well Steat now you know why I’ve always said Dog had good stuff.

We’ve been fortunate to keep our power throughout this whole thing, but the dish went out a long time ago. Thankfully I didn’t watch the panthers lose to the CLEVELAND BROWNS. Eugh
we still have power here,in davidson county. satellite out this am. think I will quit watching the panthers,

Reactions: PixelDevil
Had the pleasure of attending Saturday night. Buddy and I got up yesterday morning to drive back from Durham to Columbia. Knew it was going to snow, but did not expect that much. Rolled out of the Aloft around 11:00 am and were fortunately able to make it through the madness and home safely. First game I had been to in five or so years and it was so worth the trip.

WRAL really whiffed on this one, saying trace to one inches and unlikely to affect roads. Wrong. My job canceled work but only after one of my co-workers nearly spun out trying to make it in.

Been out of power here in Wilkes since Sunday afternoon at 130.. estimated to be back on Wednesday evening around 5
Oof, stay strong out there man. We lost power for about 15 hours when Michael came through, that was a nightmare. I couldn’t imagine 4 days without it.

Stay safe ya’ll.

Be careful shoveling snow. A lot of people have heart attacks doing it due to the cold and physical exertion. No joke. Everybody in upstate NY warned me about it when I lived there.

Yes not a very good time at all... Going thru divorce so staying with my grandmother until things are settled with my house and with power out had to get her someplace warm today... temp was 52 inside when we left this morning but found a relative close by with power to stay with until power is back on...

I know several Thomas's. Who were some of his family?
Dennis is the one that is my friend. He is a retired wildlife officer. Lives close to Boone now. He had a brother, never met him. His family still lives in that area.

My longest power outage was nine days after Fran, in 1996.

Lost power for five days after an ice storm in December 2002.

Only three hours for Diego. Fortunately,

Losing power for any appreciable time is very trying, especially if it's cold. Hopefully, folks in that situation have some form of heat, a gas log, kerosene heater, conventional fireplace. Something. And, of course, if you lose power because of a winter storm, there's a high likelihood that icy roads will make it difficult to go to a hotel or somewhere else with power.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT