ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest Defeats Grayson Allen 51-27

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
I found this parody piece about Grayson Allen and Wake Forest, and thought it was pretty dang funny. I also made a companion piece pic about Grayson being on fire as in NBA Jam...from Diehard's idea from the game ball poll.

"The Grayson Allen 19-15 at halftime, but the Deacs mounted a second half comeback and out-scored Allen 36-8 in the second half to win 51-27. Wake Forest dominated the glass in this contest, as they out-rebounded Allen 21-4. Allen overcame this disadvantage by limiting turnovers. Allen had zero turnovers, which is damn impressive in a 5-on-1 contest, while Wake Forest had 19. Allen also finished with zero assists, which makes perfect sense in a 5-on-1 contest. Anything else clearly would have been homecooking on the part of the Cameron Indoor Stadium scorekeeper.

Wake Forest did have 17 fouls compared to Allen's 3, which clearly re-affirms the Duke officiating bias. Despite the enormous foul differential, Allen made just 5 free throws to Wake's 2. Sometimes the ball lies, folks. Wake Forest made 5 three's to Allen's 4. I don't know how Wake let a one man team get that many open looks from beyond the arc, but sometimes you just fall asleep on defense. Allen shot an impressive 82% from the field, compared to Wake's 42%, but clearly he could not overcome that rebounding margin.

Codi Miller-McIntyre led to way for the Demon Deacons with 20 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds.

Oh yeah, when you include the other players, Duke ended up winning 94-51. This was not a good night for the Demon Deacons."

NBA%20Jam%20Grayson%20Allen%20Edition2.jpg

It's Grayson Allen's world and we're just living in it.

OFC

Wake Forest Defeats Grayson Allen

Originally posted by OldasdirtDevil:
I found this parody piece about Grayson Allen and Wake Forest, and thought it was pretty dang funny. I also made a companion piece pic about Grayson being on fire as in NBA Jam...from Diehard's idea from the game ball poll.

"The Grayson Allen 19-15 at halftime, but the Deacs mounted a second half comeback and out-scored Allen 36-8 in the second half to win 51-27. Wake Forest dominated the glass in this contest, as they out-rebounded Allen 21-4. Allen overcame this disadvantage by limiting turnovers. Allen had zero turnovers, which is damn impressive in a 5-on-1 contest, while Wake Forest had 19. Allen also finished with zero assists, which makes perfect sense in a 5-on-1 contest. Anything else clearly would have been homecooking on the part of the Cameron Indoor Stadium scorekeeper.

Wake Forest did have 17 fouls compared to Allen's 3, which clearly re-affirms the Duke officiating bias. Despite the enormous foul differential, Allen made just 5 free throws to Wake's 2. Sometimes the ball lies, folks. Wake Forest made 5 three's to Allen's 4. I don't know how Wake let a one man team get that many open looks from beyond the arc, but sometimes you just fall asleep on defense. Allen shot an impressive 82% from the field, compared to Wake's 42%, but clearly he could not overcome that rebounding margin.

Codi Miller-McIntyre led to way for the Demon Deacons with 20 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds.

Oh yeah, when you include the other players, Duke ended up winning 94-51. This was not a good night for the Demon Deacons."

ec

It's Grayson Allen's world and we're just living in it.

OFC
That's awesome dirt. OFC

My son sent this to me earlier. So hilarious.

Reminds me of a game I went to against Army in 2001. Through most of the first half, Carlos Boozer was outscoring Army.

The crowd kept cheering, "Boozer's winning, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap, Boozer's winning ..."

LOL>

I saw this article a little bit ago and it had me rolling. Great way to poke fun at fun at Wake Forest or being outscored 19-15 by Grayson in the first half. lol

OAD, another masterpiece (lmao)!! Picture is so fitting, you are the best! Damn impressive in a 5-on-1 contest (lol).
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Grayson just didn't have enough gas in the second half. Tired legs?
3dgrin.r191677.gif
OFC

That was a funny article! Glad you enjoyed the pic, guys.

Well, no worries about that short bench now. We're running pretty deep with 7 guys on the bench able to contribute.
That new starting lineup of Grayson Allen is going to confuse our opponents. Of course he'll need a few minutes a game to catch a breather...don't think he'll have to play more than 38 mpg. I believe our bench is capable of holding down the fort until Grayson can get back in the game and take back over.

Grayson%20Allen%20The%20Starter.jpg

OFC
This post was edited on 3/5 2:26 PM by OldasdirtDevil

That was a funny article! Glad you enjoyed the pic, guys.

Well, no worries about that short bench now. We're running pretty deep with 7 guys on the bench able to contribute.
That new starting lineup of Grayson Allen is going to confuse our opponents. Of course he'll need a few minutes a game to catch a breather...don't think he'll have to play more than 38 mpg. I believe our bench is capable of holding down the fort until Grayson can get back in the game and take back over.

ec

OFC
This post was edited on 3/5 2:26 PM by OldasdirtDevil
Love the way you look at things dirt. OFC

Great job ODD. I don't know if you planned it that way but I love how the ball comes back toward him after he makes the shot. lol

Glad you enjoyed the pic, guys. Got one more here. HOT! HOT! HOT!

ec

OFC
Nice!! OAD, that's what I'm talking bout'!!!!! Check is in the Mail.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Thanks, Diehard & JCC...glad you liked. Diehard, I didn't have anything to do with the way the ball came back down out of the goal, but I noticed it, and flared out the flames plus adjusted the angle a little to accentuate the downward movement. It made for a pretty cool effect imo.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT