ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon Carey , Wendell Moore and Boogie Ellis .

That Boogie and Carey are transferring to UNC.

Will they have to sit a year or will they ask for the hof coach roy williams rule and play right away?OFC

Last edited:
What’s funny is UNChest fans say they love how Roy recruits and not jumping on the bandwagon of the one and dones blah blah etc. He does it his way blah blah blah....No, you’re just not getting them you ignorant pricks because when you do ol boy toy Roy puts them in timeout on the bench. Whatever makes them clowns feel better I guess.... lmao

The problem is that even though there is no logic to anything that they say, it’s tough to win an argument because they hold the top card. They have been more successful than us the last few years.

Let’s get that championship this year and that erases all of the above. Then yes, they are idiots that consistently recruit the top talent and lose out on almost all of them.

Reactions: Mac9192
The problem is that even though there is no logic to anything that they say, it’s tough to win an argument because they hold the top card. They have been more successful than us the last few years.

Let’s get that championship this year and that erases all of the above. Then yes, they are idiots that consistently recruit the top talent and lose out on almost all of them.
I think the past few years we’ve relied to heavily on the OADs while Roy has been successful with upperclassmen (kinda like we use to). This year is a great balance though. We still rely heavily on the freshmen but we have outstanding contributions from upperclassmen and a point guard who plays like a sophomore/junior.

I think the past few years we’ve relied to heavily on the OADs while Roy has been successful with upperclassmen...
Not requiring the 2009 team members to be full time college students helped a little bit.

They hold the top card? Ahahah yea no. If you can’t win an argument against them with all the ammunition we have god bless you. :)

They won the ACC regular season title in 16 and 17, they won the ACC tournament in 17, they were in the finals in 16 and won it all in 17. It’s not a matter of winning arguments with them as people/posters, it’s Duke vs UNC. I’m sorry UNC has been more successful recently even considering our 15 championship. Doesn’t change who they are going after, doesn’t change that they are constantly striking out, it just allows them to manipulate the relevancy of facts/arguments.

I’m also sorry I’m not sure you could consistently win an argument against yourself, which I’m guessing happens more than you would care to admit.

Nobody asked you, and wants to fkn hear you chirp about UNC having the “top card” blah blah out in left field. IM SORRY

Last edited:
Duke>UNC always and it ain’t even close after that scandal. They can never have the top card.

Last edited:
UNC has been more successful than Duke on the court the past few years, measured by their success and Duke underwhelming relative to level of talent and expectations. Whining about Roy holding guys back, the academic scandal, whatever, doesn't change that fact.

This year's Duke team is better than more recent vintages and has a chance to be great. I expect we'll stomp UNC.

The sky’s blue ...or you going to tell me it’s all kinda different colors next and that’s a fact. Who the hell is whining? Lmao

Anthony Edwards just cut his list to 5 and Duke is not on it. Rough news...him and Cole Anthony are the 2 best guards in the class and were not gonna get either one of them. Seems to be a big drop-off after those two.
Guard play is looking like it'll be a big problem next year, because Tre ain't coming back.
Here's to winning the title and playing with house money next season.....

Last edited:
Anthony Edwards just cut his list to 5 and Duke is not on it. Rough news...him and Cole Anthony are the 2 best guards in the class and were not gonna get either one of them. Seems to be a big drop-off after those two.
Guard play is looking like it'll be a big problem next year, because Tre ain't coming back.
Here's to winning the title and playing with house money next season.....
Anthony Edwards was never coming here. For some reason he’s been FSU’s to lose!

Anthony Edwards was never coming here. For some reason he’s been FSU’s to lose!
Maybe your'e right, I just couldn't picture us losing a recruit to FSU honestly.
I remember Andrew Wiggins, he was FSU's to lose, his dad played at FSU, and of course he picked Kansas.

PG play is important. Close on that is three point shooting. Next year, we will have a plethora of snipers arrayed around a low post bully. We won't be as dynamic as this year, but we may be even harder to stop. Further, next year's half court defense might be an improvement. It won't be as good at generating TOs as this year's team, nor will next year's team be as good in transition off of those TOs. But our O next year won't be as dependent on those TOs to drive the offense like this year's squad is.
Given the makeup of next year's team, we'll likely feature Goldwire as the starting PG, alongside AOC at SG, Moore at SG, with Jack White at PF and VC at C. That is potentially a great shooting team with capable drivers in Moore and AOC. They won't need the PG to set everything up, or more accurately WRT this year's team, keep everyone happy and engaged and fed. It will be more motion and getting good looks at three, with dumping it in to VC when the defenders get too close to the shooters. We don't need a Tre for that type of O to function properly. A smart upperclassmen like Goldwire, after a year running the scout O vs Tre and this year's attacking defenders, will be cautious with the ball. He won't "drive" the offense, but he'll get it to play makers for them to work vs a spread out D worried about giving one of our shooters too much room to let fly. They in turn will feed it to VC once the held D wonders too far from the paint. AG will play good D on the opposing PG, while VC hopefully protects the rim. I'm not sure a grad transfer will be a huge step up from AG, given how familiar he will be with the team.
Next year's team will feature 2-3 experienced seniors, 2 experienced juniors, a talented RS frosh (after a year in the weight room while practicing vs this year's studs), and at least 3 talented frosh, one of whom is a super stud, while at least one other is likely a high impact player on both sides of the court. That isn't bad. If the shooting holds up, no one will want to see us in the FF, and we'll be going against a down field nationally.

Fair amount of chatter out there about Edwards having a price tag. If that's true, I'll gladly pass.

Keep in mind that he old mindset of "X school paid a player" is specious at this point. It is the shoe company, or the sports agency, that is funneling money to players. Some schools look the other way, or simply don't look gift horses in the mouth.
I hope people here are self aware enough to realize that something similar has probably helped Duke in the recent past.
So long as the school doesn't know, I have a hard time blaming the school for things like this. It isn't Duke's, or K's, or Roy's, or whomever's fault if some agent or shoe company wants to pay a kid, and wants that kid in a certain situation.

Maybe your'e right, I just couldn't picture us losing a recruit to FSU honestly.
I remember Andrew Wiggins, he was FSU's to lose, his dad played at FSU, and of course he picked Kansas.
It’s weird though! Everything you read regarding Anthony Edwards says he’s basically an FSU lock! Why that is, I’m not sure, but things can change in recruiting, but IF there are $henanigan$ involved in his recruitment, then I would like to see him at the holes or UK:D:cool:

^^ like you said initially, it depends on the school's vetting process. Let's face it... some schools are a helluva lot more diligent than others in that regard. And anyone suggesting that a school just saying "we didn't know" automatically absolving them of any culpability or acquiescence... nope. Don't agree.

Just read on zagsblog that Sharife Cooper's dad said he'd like to visit Duke. Are we recruiting him? I haven't heard anything other than the aforementioned zagsblog article.

Duke is embarrassing schools on the recruiting trail. It's getting down right silly. Just pick and choose who they want and leave the scraps for everybody else to fight over lol. Just absolutely crazy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT