ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon Carey , Wendell Moore and Boogie Ellis .

He looks quicker in that video than any other one I've seen.

This doesn’t have anything to do with this thread but it’s about a recruit and I didn’t want to start a new thread for it. Over at RR there’s a thread about Matthew Hurt and several posters are saying that they don’t think he’s really all that good. It sounds to me like they’re already getting their “he sucks” and “we didn’t really want him anyway” excuses ready if he doesn’t choose Kentucky.

Sounds about right.

I really love Hurt's game. He would be outstanding in Duke's offense. The family isn't saying a whole lot, so it's really hard to get any kind of read on him. Some local insiders in Minneapolis feel that Memphis has made up enough ground to actually be the favorite right now. The perceived favorite for the last year-plus has seemed to be Kansas. It's one of those recruitment's that is hard to put a pulse on right now. He looked bored at UNC the other night, but that's kind of the Hurt's MO. They give nothing away.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
He looks quicker in that video than any other one I've seen.

It’s awesome to be able to say the #1 player in the class has improved, but he has taken his conditioning seriously. With that, his talents have blossomed. The dude is an animal and one of 3 or 4 kids in this class who are can’t miss type talents.

Reactions: dbav and Showenuff
I think Stewart is the better player than Hurt. But if we land Stewart, along with Carey, I’m not sure where a senior Bolden fits into the picture. Plus we still got Javin and Jack around.

Hurt’s game provides more lineup flexibility than Stewart’s would, I’ll be happy with either. I don’t think we need either one, I’m much more concerned about PG next year.

Reactions: dbav and Showenuff
Not trash talking at all. If Tre were to return, we could be better next year. No, not as exciting, but better.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Tre next year would be amazing. Love his D and unselfishness. If/when he starts to hit from 3, this team becomes almost unstoppable on O.

Not trash talking at all. If Tre were to return, we could be better next year. No, not as exciting, but better.

Tough to know. This team plays really good defense. Our half court offense is in a bit of a rut though.

I don't know about that Show. If Tre came back, I'd be pretty darn excited watching him for another year. His defense is exciting enough already. Couldn't really imagine what he would do next year.

The D will be tough to duplicate. The shooting will be better. It will be interesting to see what next year holds.

Defense travels, I only see it getting better. There are teams that will be better suited to handle it, but it’s going to be our driving force all year long.

I see us being a streaky shooting team. Imaging if we hit the tournament on a hot streak? Right now Cam is doubting himself and RJ is playing young. They are top ranked recruits for a reason though. Imagine if they find a sustainable groove offensively? The thoughts of this team at full throttle is scary. I think we get there, I really do.

Defense travels, I only see it getting better. There are teams that will be better suited to handle it, but it’s going to be our driving force all year long.

I see us being a streaky shooting team. Imaging if we hit the tournament on a hot streak? Right now Cam is doubting himself and RJ is playing young. They are top ranked recruits for a reason though. Imagine if they find a sustainable groove offensively? The thoughts of this team at full throttle is scary. I think we get there, I really do.

I thought we were talking about next season haha.

Tre ain't coming back this is a weak PG draft. We may lose Bolden too for whatever reason. That would leave us with Aoc, jack, baker and javin. All the reason I think K wants Stewart and hurt. Have a nice 9 man rotation

I agree Tre is going to be a first round pick. Kid just soooooo solid. We will reload.

Really like that they are close friends. Helps so much when teammates truly like each other.

Reactions: LH24ND
I wanna give a shout out to @PatrickYates bc i want to say it was him who said a month or two back that the best recruiting tool we could use is our play this season. He’s right. Come on down, Isaiah.

Cam's "struggles" help in this regard. In the last game, when K took TOs to take our guys out of the game (to vociferous cheers) the camera was on K as he hugged RJ and patted him down the bench. Then Cam walked off, and K stopped him, and pointed up, telling Cam "this is for YOU" wrt the cheering. K's support of Cam, like his support of Tatum, is reverberating. Not every kid is Anthony Davis, or Zion, out of the gate. K sticking with guys, even if they "struggle" (even if it is only relative struggles) has to be heartening for guys that probably have a few secret doubts about college ball.

Sounds about right.

I really love Hurt's game. He would be outstanding in Duke's offense. The family isn't saying a whole lot, so it's really hard to get any kind of read on him. Some local insiders in Minneapolis feel that Memphis has made up enough ground to actually be the favorite right now. The perceived favorite for the last year-plus has seemed to be Kansas. It's one of those recruitment's that is hard to put a pulse on right now. He looked bored at UNC the other night, but that's kind of the Hurt's MO. They give nothing away.

hof coach roy williams to Hurt. " you come to ubnc and you are going to have a great senior night. " Wasn't it several years ago when dexter strickland had that senior night when the dean dome crowd was so loud you couldn't even hear them when strickland came out for the last time. That was Awesome.OFC

Last edited:
Good point Yates. Roy blames his players and is frequently throwing them under the bus while K always has his players' backs.

Reactions: skysdad
Vernon has been recruiting Isaiah HARD on Twitter.
Oh yeah and that 5 way chat has been going on for a min. We should know something soon. you'll see the crystal ball picks start coming in soon enough. I would not trade places with duke right now!

Carey talks Duke and a little about recruiting.

A little bit of Carey Vs Bacot city of palms.

Lmao, this is normal for me. While all you young cats are sleep, I'm pulling guard duty to make sure you guys are safe lol.

It's safe here!! Promise!!

I napped all day yesterday, then could sleep, so I was up until almost 6:30 this morning ....having a beer.....or two!
That ain't happening tonight!!

I napped all day yesterday, then could sleep, so I was up until almost 6:30 this morning ....having a beer.....or two!
I hear you man. I wish I could take naps, but can't. The wife says i'm too nosey and scared I may miss something lol. We are about to watch movie number 3. Called Peppermint. Looks like it may be a good one.

I hear you man. I wish I could take naps, but can't. The wife says i'm too nosey and scared I may miss something lol. We are about to watch movie number 3. Called Peppermint. Looks like it may be a good one.

Yeah, I see the trailer....looks loke a good ......I still haven't seen Creed, but really want to see that one.
One of my favorite movies in years is "don't breathe".....check it out if you haven't seen it

Yeah, I see the trailer....looks loke a good ......I still haven't seen Creed, but really want to see that one.
One of my favorite movies in years is "don't breathe".....check it out if you haven't seen it
Creed is a good one, still haven't seen the second one yet. I saw don't breathe, awesome. We're going to get in trouble for hijacking this thread so cut it out right now lol.

Hard to get a bead on Carey's game because I seen on RR that He's only been playing against 5'9" high schools sophomores!!!
But then the guys that U.K. has coming in and are still actively recruiting have been playing against perennial high school all stars.

Guess I lied! It's 5:24 and I'm still at it!!
Wake yo old butt up!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT