ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon Carey ACC FOY

Congrats to Tank. Remember when it was a question as to whether he would start or not?

If we could go back to those summer discussions (here and other sites) about what THIS Duke team would be, 25-6 was NOT it. Hamilton is certainly deserving of ACC COY, but compared to what K lost and who he replaced them with, no one expected this to go along with wins over KU and @MSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwill133
I have been very surprised by what Carey has given us this year. I feel like last summer he started to drop in the rankings and there were concerns about his motor and attitude. All he did was show up on campus and get to work the right way. That work seems to have made him the best player in the country.

I'm proud he chose to represent Duke and I can't wait to see where he ends up this summer.

I have been very surprised by what Carey has given us this year. I feel like last summer he started to drop in the rankings and there were concerns about his motor and attitude. All he did was show up on campus and get to work the right way. That work seems to have made him the best player in the country.

I'm proud he chose to represent Duke and I can't wait to see where he ends up this summer.

And he doesn't change expressions and his body language never changes so you can't tell he's rattled or not. He's not a perfect player. There has never been one. His overall game has improved from the 1st of the year especially his free throw shooting. He still is foul prone but some of those come from having to cover for someone else. I love it when our players are doubted as to whether they can play and be a solid player on the next level and there's been a lot of Dukies that have had that label put on them. Quinn Cook, Seth Curry, the Plumless 1 and 2, JJ Redick .Oh how he was doubted. I remember very well how people were saying he wouldn't last 2 years and he would end up overseas or the G -league and even not playing. There are others and if I were a NBA g.m. and he popped up in the middle of the 1st round he would mine. I'm not saying he will be the NBAROY or on the all rookie team but he has great size, hands, has proved he knows how to go to the hoop and has a nice little jump shot and don't leave his big ass alone past the 3 point line because he will Zionize you. Just my opinion.OFC

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT