ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to sue the ACC

Sorry if this is a dumb question but it definitely looks like the acc is cooked. If we end up in the big12, does that affect recruiting at all? I just dunno if the big10 would be interested in a small private school

I think Fl. State has filed a lawsuit with limited merit just to force a settlement. I don't see the Cheats, UVA and State ponying up the hundreds of millions that it will take to get out of the ACC. I think the ACC has about 5 years left in its present form. My feeling is that Dr. King's focus on football is partially to position Duke to get an offer to another conference, whether it be the BiG or the Big 12.

Ok first off FSU. There are many factors no one is talking about. For starters, the only options better than the ACC are the BIG Whatever and the SEC. Who says either one of them wants to expand? I do not really see the SEC going beyond 16 and the Big Whatever may want to sit pat for awhile. The Big 12 schools get a payout similar to the ACC. So if FSU breaks the grant of rights or get exit fees severely reduced, would they have a home? Second, are they a must get brand.

Many have pooh-poohed me on this point, but having worked on a collegiate athletic department more than a decade, academics are a bigger factor than you guys give credit to. And through all of this, the people who decide to accept a team into a conference are the college Presidents. It takes like 3/4 for teams to join a conference. To join the Big Whatever at that rate, you can only lose 4 votes. It is not inconceivable an institution could lose those 4 yes votes because of academics...

The hardest thing to do is sometimes sit back and wait for things to play out. I promise the combination of a pretty good athletic brand, a national brand for NCAA basketball that is higher than any institution in the nation, and a top-10 academic schools, if the ACC dissolves, I promise you we will find a home easy. People scream "it is all about football." For the most part, but remember how valuable the NCAA Tournament has been at bringing in money? Remember 2015 when there were numerous articles about how viewing numbers were up? The sweet 16 had like no Cinderellas and heavy hitter names. I remember an article about how upsets are good for the NCAA in the first round, but they pray for all the big names by the second weekend. Coincidence when the sweet 16 was Duke, Wisky, NCST, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Kentucky, etc...

Finally, are we getting to a bubble with these tv contracts? If they are set up as xxx dollars divided up by y teams, at what point are we going to see expansion stopped (and maybe teams basically pushed out of conferences)?

Reactions: timritterus
Notre Dame took Oregon State to the woodshed today in the Sun Bowl. Clemson beat Kentucky.
Clemson finished the season pretty well after just an average season by fans in Tiger Town. I was glad they won today (despite my disdain for Dabo), as it further propped up Duke's season (8-5, bowl win, and opening year victory over Tigers). OFC

Kentucky went into a prevent defense at the end. Against a back up QB.
Ohio State up 3-0 on Missouri at the half.

Last edited:
Florida State getting destroyed by Georgia. I thought Penn State would beat Ole Miss.
Both teams had guys sitting out. But 42-3, have to think Georgia is making a statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingbluedevil
My mother and wife both went there so I can’t support that. It is kind of funny that people are still thirty yrs later talking about discounts at dept stores given the complete sh show that is the current nil landscape
I live in Raleigh and lived in the same apartment complex as Rivers when he was QB at NCSU. He had a White Escalade that he drove. No biggie because his wife worked and his parents had money. The funny part is TA McClendon had one too and it was loaded out. Probably around 85-95K with everything that was on it. People at State acted like it was normal. 😂😂

Reactions: KDSTONE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT