ADVERTISEMENT

UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD

It did get a little close for comfort, but Duke was in control the entire game. The Bearcats played well, and shot killer from behind the arc. Congrats to them on a good game.

OFC

In past seasons when we have struggled in an exhibition game it usually did not go well the rest of the season. Could be a long year. Carey and Hurt will be good in the post but our guards and wings, at this point, really struggle to create offense in the halfcourt. On the bright side, our defense is really good.

Reactions: skysdad
Just my two cents;

Javin, White, AOC and Baker same players as last year.

Three point shooting as a whole was horrible but Carey wasn’t a factor because offensive fouls limited him.

Moore, Hurt, Goldwire and Tre are best defensive players.

Robinson will get minutes .

This is a gonna be a sit back and watch the team develop come March.

Reactions: 500HP_Devil
Go with youtube Beard, it's much better!!!
OFC
Thanks! I contacted Comcast and they said it “will be available soon” and “the advance team is working on getting it added.” Translation = greedy attorneys are bickering over the cost. Sounds like it will be an add-on so Comcast subscribers will have to pay a monthly fee (my guess is $3.99-$7.99), but hopefully it’s available before the Colorado St game.

@meisperplexed

Stanley will find himself in the starting lineup soon enough. I think our best unit is probably Tre, Goldwire, Hurt, Stanley, and Carey.

First game in a competitive atmosphere - lots of moving parts, we will adjust and be fine. A shame Baker didnt see more time as i would hope he has improved in the off season. Maybe carrying an injury or sick?..but hope he sees more time. If we work the group into a cohesive unit by March I'll be happy....early season wins are great but MSU seems to take their lumps early and do alright in March!

I was really hoping AOC and Baker could supply the outside shooting we need. AOC looks the same and Baker is getting the same minutes as last year. I love our defensive effort, but man our 3 point shooting could be the same or maybe even worse!! But hey, just the first game. Hopefully it gets better!!!!
OFC

Ok I need some feedback on which steaming option is best: Sling, Hulu live, or YouTube tv? Best connection, no buffering, easy setup, DVR

Thanks! I contacted Comcast and they said it “will be available soon” and “the advance team is working on getting it added.” Translation = greedy attorneys are bickering over the cost. Sounds like it will be an add-on so Comcast subscribers will have to pay a monthly fee (my guess is $3.99-$7.99), but hopefully it’s available before the Colorado St game.

Well that's welcome news FTB! The FSU football fans around here have been extremely upset about Comcast not carrying ACCN. Of course, with the way FSU has been playing, I'm not sure the lack of ACCN is a bad thing. They're just terrible this season.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Ok I need some feedback on which steaming option is best: Sling, Hulu live, or YouTube tv? Best connection, no buffering, easy setup, DVR

youtube seems to depend on your connection - we had a lot of poor quality and buffering with it due to not great wifi

In past seasons when we have struggled in an exhibition game it usually did not go well the rest of the season. Could be a long year. Carey and Hurt will be good in the post but our guards and wings, at this point, really struggle to create offense in the halfcourt. On the bright side, our defense is really good.

Haven’t had a ton of confidence in Carey since before he committed. Watched a lot of his games as a SR at University School and he isn’t either a very skilled low post player and doesn’t have that great of an outside game when being guarded by an athletic PF or Center. Hurt and Moore will be our best Freshman this year. We are going to need Javin and White to step up down low. Cassius will improve quickly. Think Carey gets to be pretty good but he’s more on Bolden’s level as a Freshman than guys like Isaiah Stewart or past Duke greats like Brand or Boozer.

Haven’t had a ton of confidence in Carey since before he committed. Watched a lot of his games as a SR at University School and he isn’t either a very skilled low post player and doesn’t have that great of an outside game when being guarded by an athletic PF or Center. Hurt and Moore will be our best Freshman this year. We are going to need Javin and White to step up down low.
Kind of premature to say that about Carey. He was our best player at CTC. Today was a bad matchup with NWMS seeing as they were a bunch of small quick dudes.

The shooting was obviously bad. But duke has better pieces this year to be a better shooting team.

One day at a time folks!
3e6334481c27311efcaf98319d61a8af.jpg

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
He also picked up two quick offensive fouls that took him out of the game for most of the first half
Indeed and then a 3rd as soon as he came into the game in the 2nd half. Hard to take much from that game for him.

Carey has got to learn not to drop that shoulder against smaller defenders but I think against legit big men he will hold his own and play well.

Hurt was good in the paint because he had atleast five inches on NWMU post players.

Returning players will have to step up and I do think JRob is gonna steal a lot of minutes.

NWMU went undefeated last season and won the division two national title.so it wasn’t like we played a week exhibition. Their pg was like nine of 14 from three or close to that and over half were contested.

Three point shooting and free throws will have to get way better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT