ADVERTISEMENT

UNC fans

That’s a big difference between what was articulated before. It was said Duval would neutralize Berry, which can certainly happen, but I wouldn’t expect it.

It would be similar to me stating Theo and Kenny’s defensive prowess could neutralize Allen. It could happen, but I wouldn’t count on it.
I think the term neutralized can be spun in a variety of ways. There is no question both are very good- but as i mentioned before they are also two completely different players. I wouldn’t be surprised to see UNC throw Kenny or Theo on Duval and slide Berry on Grayson. Duval is so quick and gets into the lane anytime he wants. Perhaps a bigger and more physical guard can help contain that. Berry is a really good shooter. He does so much to make UNC better. Duval will have to do a good job when guarding him of making sure he doesn’t get open looks. I don’t know if neutralized is meant to say they both have an equal impact on the game? I’d give the edge to Berry solely on being a senior who’s done it on the big stages already. Duval has the game to play right with him though.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
I think the term neutralized can be spun in a variety of ways. There is no question both are very good- but as i mentioned before they are also two completely different players. I wouldn’t be surprised to see UNC throw Kenny or Theo on Duval and slide Berry on Grayson. Duval is so quick and gets into the lane anytime he wants. Perhaps a bigger and more physical guard can help contain that. Berry is a really good shooter. He does so much to make UNC better. Duval will have to do a good job when guarding him of making sure he doesn’t get open looks. I don’t know if neutralized is meant to say they both have an equal impact on the game? I’d give the edge to Berry solely on being a senior who’s done it on the big stages already. Duval has the game to play right with him though.
Imo nuetralize means that he scores maybe fifteen points and takes twenty shots to get them.This all time great player is 2-5 against us and is averaging 9 points per game against us .

I submit enjoy one great program and continue to remind the world about one program that got away with massive fraud for over twenty years

Whatever gets you through the day.

Imo nuetralize means that he scores maybe fifteen points and takes twenty shots to get them.This all time great player is 2-5 against us and is averaging 9 points per game against us .

That would be neutralized IMO. I doubt it happens but anything goes in this rivalry

Whatever gets you through the day.

That would be neutralized IMO. I doubt it happens but anything goes in this rivalry
As to Berry those numbers that I used is historically better than he has had against us in the past with the exception of one game without us having as good a guard as Trevon to play against him

Reactions: QC Dukie
I am usually very cautious and nervous when we play them. Maybe I have my head in the clouds, but if we were playing tonight, I would have zero concern. I just think Duvall is too quick for them, and don't think they can handle our bigs.

Reactions: QC Dukie
I am usually very cautious and nervous when we play them. Maybe I have my head in the clouds, but if we were playing tonight, I would have zero concern. I just think Duvall is too quick for them, and don't think they can handle our bigs.
Funny you say that. I just told my wife the other day, normally I don’t look forward to playing them. Just because of the nonsense I have to hear should they win. This year? Can’t wait!

Reactions: DukefanKY
I never look forward to playing duke. Even if we are definitively better in a given year. We haven’t had a sweep since 2009.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT