ADVERTISEMENT

UNC fans

Clay Clay 4

Recruit
Apr 14, 2016
I'm not used to posting very often or creating threads. I am trying to get more into it, so this may not be the right title for this or may belong to another thread. But.. I try not to have too many discussions about Duke/UNC with Carolina fans because I end up getting very frustrated. Last night I was reminded of this. A family friend that happens to be a UNC fan, claimed that Duke doesn't develop players, that one and done guy aren't "real" Duke guys, that Bolden was recruited over and lied to, that Bolden would be starting any other place in the country, that Carolina would have him as a top guy that scores, that Frank Jackson was lied to about playing time and that's why he left because Duval was coming, and that Roy has more titles in the time he's been there than K has and that proves everything. Also, that UNC doesn't need to go the one and done route because they develop.
I guess I am just venting because I don't have many Duke fans and my wife doesn't get it.
It makes me mad because it is such a one sided view. Coach K has proven he does't need the one and done talent (all of his titles except 2015). I feel every year, one and done era or not, you recruit the best guys for your team and if they happen to be better than guys that are on the roster, that is part of it. Ans as far as developing guys: Zoubek, Marahall and Mason Plumlee, Lance Thomas, A. Jefferson, Melchionni, and many others. I know this was a lot, but again, I guess I just needed to vent.

I realized a long time ago, there is no cure for stupid.

Just enjoy the facts that Duke is better in every facet and we have been kicking their asses on the court, in recruiting and in the class room. They are cheating sh!ts and will be stained forever so they are grasping at straws to bring you/Duke down. Don't let them get to you, when we kick their ass again this year just give them a nice Sh!t eating grin.

As far as that Natty last year that is about as useful as toilet paper. The "Carolina Way" is dead. Just like their fans their school/program has no intergity and the whole world knows they are guilty trash. Enjoy being elite and be a smug dick about it, it works for me.

Last edited:
I would ask this person why Roy struggles to recruit the top 10 in more recent history. A lot has to do with the perception on “helping” the elite talent make it to the league in one year.

In all honesty I feel like “development” is overrated. Coaches can tell the player what to work on and every school has resources to help them get there. It really is up to the player and how they mesh with coach/system.

K has “developed” one n done superstars and limited multi year guys. So has Roy.

I'm not used to posting very often or creating threads. I am trying to get more into it, so this may not be the right title for this or may belong to another thread. But.. I try not to have too many discussions about Duke/UNC with Carolina fans because I end up getting very frustrated. Last night I was reminded of this. A family friend that happens to be a UNC fan, claimed that Duke doesn't develop players, that one and done guy aren't "real" Duke guys, that Bolden was recruited over and lied to, that Bolden would be starting any other place in the country, that Carolina would have him as a top guy that scores, that Frank Jackson was lied to about playing time and that's why he left because Duval was coming, and that Roy has more titles in the time he's been there than K has and that proves everything. Also, that UNC doesn't need to go the one and done route because they develop.
I guess I am just venting because I don't have many Duke fans and my wife doesn't get it.
It makes me mad because it is such a one sided view. Coach K has proven he does't need the one and done talent (all of his titles except 2015). I feel every year, one and done era or not, you recruit the best guys for your team and if they happen to be better than guys that are on the roster, that is part of it. Ans as far as developing guys: Zoubek, Marahall and Mason Plumlee, Lance Thomas, A. Jefferson, Melchionni, and many others. I know this was a lot, but again, I guess I just needed to vent.

I would also ask you friend, if Roy does such a great job developing players, then why can't they make just one NBA all-star team? No UNC player under Roy has even made an all-star team. And if you look all all their players that Roy coached, you can really only say one is even above average, that's Harrison Barnes.

Reactions: youknowit1
I realized a long time ago, there is no cure for stupid.

Just enjoy the facts that Duke is better in every facet and we have been kicking their asses on the court, in recruiting and in the class room. They are cheating sh!ts and will be stained forever so they are grasping at straws to bring you/Duke down. Don't let them get to you, when we kick their ass again this year just give them a nice Sh!t eating grin.

As far as that Natty last year that is about as useful as toilet paper. The "Carolina Way" is dead. Just like their fans their school/program has no intergity and the whole world knows they are guilty trash. Enjoy being elite and be a smug dick about it, it works for me.

Good one Honkey!!! OFC

Reactions: skysdad

You dont need to be bothered or listen or process any of that bs drivel-

1/ Roy and Dean benefitted from one of the great cheating scandals of all time, for at least 3 of their combined 5 nattys.

Also remind this person:

K has 5 natl titles of his OWN- Dean and Roy have 5 and can only TOGETHER TIE K with a flawed and illegal academic system.

OFC

I would also ask you friend, if Roy does such a great job developing players, then why can't they make just one NBA all-star team? No UNC player under Roy has even made an all-star team. And if you look all all their players that Roy coached, you can really only say one is even above average, that's Harrison Barnes.

Also, Roy can’t win a title unless multiple top 15 players stay 3 to 4 years. Roy benefits from retaining top talent, not necessarily his x‘s and o’s.

Last edited:
I’d submit everyone take a breath and enjoy two great programs who put an excellent product on the court year in and year out.

Reactions: jeans15

Cupping a fart and smelling my hand over and over when a Carolina fan starts blabbering dumbness, works best for me. It really lets them know how interested I am. Give it a try... Your welcome, in advance.

It's about Thanksgiving Day you know and not only am I'm thankful to be a Duke fan but I'm thankful but I'm thankful that gary-7 is an unc fan. I just don't think I could deal with him being a Duke fan. OFC

Reactions: GARY4plus3
It's about Thanksgiving Day you know and not only am I'm thankful to be a Duke fan but I'm thankful but I'm thankful that gary-7 is an unc fan. I just don't think I could deal with him being a Duke fan. OFC

Thanks skysdad, your post just kicked in my holiday spirit!

Reactions: skysdad
If i was a UNC fan i wouldn’t watch the highlights of the Celtics-Mavs game that just ended.

Kyrie went off for 47.

Harrison Barnes had 31.
Pure box score reading CB34! Tatum has a great night as well and stifled HB late in the game as the Celtics made their comeback. Kyrie dominated the final couple of minutes- MVP chants on the line in OT....they were playing in Dallas.

Reactions: Showenuff
Ask any Kansas fan if they miss Roy. I’ll save you the time, there isn’t one.

Reactions: Showenuff
Pure box score reading CB34! Tatum has a great night as well and stifled HB late in the game as the Celtics made their comeback. Kyrie dominated the final couple of minutes- MVP chants on the line in OT....they were playing in Dallas.

In my defense, I didn’t watch the game lol. I just knew kyrie went off because I have a few friends who are Celtics fans. Obviously Kyrie is the better player and he’s the major reason why Boston is on a roll right now.

Smith will be awesome. What’s your point? No one insinuated DS was anywhere close to Kyrie.
The ultimate point is that Joel Berry is not god. Yes, you won. I get that. Wait until your beloved cheaters get their asses booed out of every arena in the ACC this year. Stand proud and bask in the Carolina Way!

The ultimate point is that Joel Berry is not god. Yes, you won. I get that. Wait until your beloved cheaters get their asses booed out of every arena in the ACC this year. Stand proud and bask in the Carolina Way!
How this evolved from saying it wasn’t unlikely that Duval would not neutralize Berry is baffling to me. I never claimed Berry to be a God. I never claimed Smith to be better than Kyrie.

I was simply looking for rational discourse, not hyperbole or drama.

I agree ticket, Dennis Smith is/will be awesome.
giphy.gif

Reactions: gottagonow
How this evolved from saying it wasn’t unlikely that Duval would not neutralize Berry is baffling to me. I never claimed Berry to be a God. I never claimed Smith to be better than Kyrie.

I was simply looking for rational discourse, not hyperbole or drama.

It basically came down to an argument you can’t win here.

Berry is really, really good and he’s going to give us problems this year, but I’m hopeful Duval can neutralize him some and Berry can’t hit that game. Those two things happen and I feel good about our chances...really good.

Berry is really, really good and he’s going to give us problems this year, but I’m hopeful Duval can neutralize him some and Berry can’t hit that game. Those two things happen and I feel good about our chances...really good.
My point exactly

That’s a big difference between what was articulated before. It was said Duval would neutralize Berry, which can certainly happen, but I wouldn’t expect it.

It would be similar to me stating Theo and Kenny’s defensive prowess could neutralize Allen. It could happen, but I wouldn’t count on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT