ADVERTISEMENT

Tribute to Sky- TRANSFERS

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
Every year @skysdad posted a thread reference transfers. We were asked to observe Duke players basically going thru the motions, not cheering from the bench, pouting etc, etc. Were they thinking of leaving???

Things are somewhat different now with transfers. I think a player has to wait til the end of the year to enter the portal. It's more complicated now with more players opting for the NBA. However, NIL deals have sweetened the pot, and are keeping players in school longer.

Bottom line, @skysdad always picked a candidate likely to transfer. So, let's select.... Who could it be this year if hes not getting enough PT?? My top likely candidate: Harris.

OFC

Reactions: christophero
If Mal is OAD, which he should be unless his stock tanks this year, then big Pat should be back. Unless we get a 5 star center out of high school. So Harris. Or even Evans if he doesn't play much, but I imagine Evans does play and is OAD. My hope is that we get back Pat, Brown, and one of Evans/Kon and Harris, but that seems like a best case scenario. The only way Foster comes back is if he had a bad year, which seems unlikely.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I could see Foster coming back if Proctor is the more dominant lead guard this season and Foster is told by pro scouts that he needs a year running point in college. Of course, if Duke goes as far as we think it can, then I could see us losing our entire starting team except maybe Brown if the NIL money is there.

Last edited:
This thread seems a bit unseemly for mid-August.
Why given the new landscape of college ball. Wasn’t it already ( rumored ) by one college basketball analyst that Harris was a shaky commitment to stay signed ?
Now he’s set back by injury and Knup has emerged as the new Power/Stewart of last preseason.
Really just making convo not trying to come off in any way .

Harris plays if any of our wings or guards get hurt. I will say, no one transfers. Too many will declare.
But will Harris be healthy by season start ?

I’m all for him staying especially with the mass exodus to the draft should the season goes as planned . Just at the moment I see Harris as last guard off the bench besides Scheifeild .

Reactions: jamsession2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT