ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Jones talks on Zion Williamson announcement

Krysten Peek

Recruit
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2011
I went to Tre Jones' game last night at Apple Valley high school (he had 13 easy points and 3 blocks before his coach took him out). Game was a blowout and they won by 40. I asked him about Zion's announcement and how he found out, what he's looking forward to, etc.

Did Zion tell you he was coming to Duke ahead of time?
"No. None of us knew. I was at my brother's (Tyus) game and a friend of mine facetimed me right before he was going to announce so I saw it. I couldn't believe it when he put on that Duke hat. After that, my social media just started to blow up and my phone went off like crazy."

Were you guys texting beforehand? Did he give any hints?
"Me, Cam (Reddish), RJ (Barrett) and Zion were all on a group text leading up to his announcement but he would never give anything away. Just stuff like, 'we'll see...' and stuff like that."

You must really be looking forward to the McDonald's game now.
"Oh man, McDonald's is going to be great. I know it's going to be me and Cam vs. RJ and Zion but it'll be fun just to all be there and get to play on that big stage as one of our last games in our high school career. I can't wait."

We're looking to do a Rivals.com roundtable discussion with all four recruits at the McDonald's game so stay tuned for that.

Great, thanks for the info... love hearing from the guys, who all are in touch. That early connection is important in jump-starting on chemistry, especially when teams only have a short time together.

Reactions: skysdad
That's awesome. Those guys are going to be the Four Horseman in Duke blue.

Those in the know, does Tre have the same kind of love for the clutch that his brother has?

Great to read, thanks! I know we are going to be young again next year and probably complaining in December how this team doesn't play defense and all but, the times are what they are and I love the fact that all 4 (5?) guys are coming to Duke. Just like this year's team we will be under a microscope with lots of expectations but I am really looking forward to it, just as I am with the last 2 months with this year's team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT