ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Winslow had a little bit of an edge when he played. Sort of a like Gerald Henderson and Grayson. I can’t remember who but winslow displaced someone in the lane with his foot on a layup. Maybe a unc game. Best freshman from that class though, t jones. I can’t remember a freshman being that smart with the ball.

My favorite Winslow moment from that run was the three late in the elite eight against the Zags. When he turned and let out a primal scream, running back down the court, I lost my ever-loving mind.

Obviously we want some upperclassmen. For strength, physicality, maturity. But I’m not concerned over losing Mitchell. I wish him the best. But he showed no physicality or strong development.

I am all for a 2 guard and a PF (a 3-4) both of whom have physicality to their game. Unless, miraculously, McCain returns. Then just a physical 3-4 who can play D and or shoot.

I hope Jon is hitting the portal hard. We need far better than the transfers we’ve gotten in recent years. Players who can be legit 20-25 minute players with an all around game.

My favorite Winslow moment from that run was the three late in the elite eight against the Zags. When he turned and let out a primal scream, running back down the court, I lost my ever-loving mind.
What a run. Many moments that tournament. Matt jones step back, Graysons dunk on mi st, tyus after the Wisconsin three from the key. That team had energy.

Dream Lineup

Cliff Omoruyi or Ballo
Maluach
Flagg
McCain
Foster
Malauch isn’t a PF. Bringing in Ballo or Omoruyi would be to split minutes with Malauch. Bringing in Robbie Avila from Indiana State would make more sense.

Malauch isn’t a PF. Bringing in Ballo or Omoruyi would be to split minutes with Malauch. Bringing in Robbie Avila from Indiana State would make more sense.
You can play two centers depending upon the skill sets. I want physicality, athleticism and rim protection down there.

Reactions: jamsession2
Avila has a 'no contact" next to his name in the portal. Gonna be hard to recruit him when we can't contact him.

Reactions: jamsession2
Probably won’t hear anything until this weekend or Monday . The banquet is tonight I think . This is also what had me so puzzled about Mitchell’s announcement. I wonder had he already heard from other schools .

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Probably won’t hear anything until this weekend or Monday . The banquet is tonight I think . This is also what had me so puzzled about Mitchell’s announcement. I wonder had he already heard from other schools .
Any kid transferring, they're saying they don't want to be here any longer. So why hang around for a banquet?

Get your name into the portal, and let the games begin.

We should definitely get an announcement Friday. Other than last year this is the worst time of year to be a Duke fan. Proctor, McCain, Stewart and Power back would be nice. If not McCain then Foster.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
I wanted Blakes back for leadership, but he gave us 4 years and represented Duke well. He deserves to start somewhere. Proctor is the guy I really want back, as I think McCain will go pro. McCain was 12 on a mock draft; that's pretty high.

I wanted Blakes back for leadership, but he gave us 4 years and represented Duke well. He deserves to start somewhere. Proctor is the guy I really want back, as I think McCain will go pro. McCain was 12 on a mock draft; that's pretty high.
I would have liked a 4 year guy in the fold as well. But as a guy that sat 2 years in college, I understand the desire to go somewhere with a bigger role while you can.

Reactions: christophero
People were saying Blakes could be a starter by his junior year when he signed. He never seemed to turn the corner after that big outburst last year. I wish him luck if he does move on, we could probably get an upgrade in the portal. He never seemed comfortable on offense.

People were saying Blakes could be a starter by his junior year when he signed. He never seemed to turn the corner after that big outburst last year. I wish him luck if he does move on, we could probably get an upgrade in the portal. He never seemed comfortable on offense.
I thought Blakes played well this season when he got minutes. That was especially the case in the tournament. He’s a decent backup PG. If Proctor and Foster come back then Blakes staying at Duke makes sense for Duke. I can understand why Scheyer wouldn’t want Blakes to be the only backup option if Foster or Proctor leaves seeing how one or both of them will end up with a nagging injury that keeps them out 4-8 games.

Reactions: christophero

If you had a gun to my head and my life depended on telling you when Blakes last hit a long distance jump shot. I don’t think I could do it. 😜

Good news on Proctor. No question he didn’t have the year that was expected, I think he obviously knows that since he is coming back. Technically this year should have been his first year. Very young but a lot of potential. Glad he is coming back, I like his height and he can do some good things with the ball both in playmaking for his own bucket or for an assist. He’s gonna keep getting better imo.

Good news on Proctor. No question he didn’t have the year that was expected, I think he obviously knows that since he is coming back. Technically this year should have been his first year. Very young but a lot of potential. Glad he is coming back, I like his height and he can do some good things with the ball both in playmaking for his own bucket or for an assist. He’s gonna keep getting better imo.
I’m not saying he needs to be the shooter Kennard was when he came back, but Duke needs him to have that kind of an impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: bullcity gamer
If he becomes a little more consistent on his jumper and gets a better handle on running the offense as opposed to just dumping off to Flip or Roach then he will be amazing for us. He’s going to be huge either way, his defense is already top tier for a guard, and he’s still not someone you can sag off of.

A little improvement would go a long way for him. Freaking love having our Aussie back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT