ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

When I was younger, I was a Liberal/Democrat. Then? I grew up, started paying real taxes, and realized life isn’t about hand outs and protecting everyone else while destroying everything around you. I’m not a Republican, but I’m a true Independent who hates taxes, big gov, and the idiots running things today.

Ps nothing cracks me up more than SJW’s, specifically suburbia ones lol
We can only hope that others eventually "grow up" too.
OFC

Dayton's Holmes pulled out of the draft and picked...Dayton. That one was a surprise to me. Although he is not a grad transfer so he missed the deadline to go to another school. He was projected roughly mid second round. Might be a bit undersized for the league at 6-8/9 He's listed at 6-10 but that may be stretching it.

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
DI : Don't let it get to you, my fellow angry old man. This thread has gone from a typical shit show to a troll shit show. Be happy! It's Pride month! I think. When is white man hetero month? Where are our reparations? Relax, bro. Spend a few days in the hospital, like I just did. Young nurses will cheer you up, guaranteed!
OFC
I say this as married to a black woman, every day unofficially is white male hetero day…

DI : Don't let it get to you, my fellow angry old man. This thread has gone from a typical shit show to a troll shit show. Be happy! It's Pride month! I think. When is white man hetero month? Where are our reparations? Relax, bro. Spend a few days in the hospital, like I just did. Young nurses will cheer you up, guaranteed!
OFC
Wise advice. But when a dope tees it up like this one did, it is fun to take a swing at it. I penned this one at 7:16 in the morning, so I wasn't my usual smiling cheery self.☹️ Besides it was too early for Budweiser and hotdogs (I am not strong willed enough to lay off of them even for a day like Chris tried to do). Guys like Chappelle do not make me mad. Like you, I kind of stay that way. But as long as there are angry geisers like us on this board, trolls beware. Hospital? Lord no! Too drastic a diet change. OFC

Wise advice. But when a dope tees it up like this one did, it is fun to take a swing at it. I penned this one at 7:16 in the morning, so I wasn't my usual smiling cheery self.☹️ Besides it was too early for Budweiser and hotdogs (I am not strong willed enough to lay off of them even for a day like Chris tried to do). Guys like Chappelle do not make me mad. Like you, I kind of stay that way. But as long as there are angry geisers like us on this board, trolls beware. Hospital? Lord no! Too drastic a diet change. OFC
Yeah, hospital. But I lived. Hospitals do suck in one way, though, despite the aforementioned nurses: No hot dogs and they do stupid stuff like count calories (and tell you about it!).
OFC

Yeah, hospital. But I lived. Hospitals do suck in one way, though, despite the aforementioned nurses: No hot dogs and they do stupid stuff like count calories (and tell you about it!).
OFC
Been hospitalized 5 times, twice for cancer, three times for back surgery. Have not been in since 2016 for back. Cancer has been all clear for 15 years. Knock on wood. So, I have a lot of experience with the hospital routine. OFC

Been busy, why’d we let aziz go to Cincy? Was it because of udeh? We let stars get in the way of a proven player smh

Reactions: christophero
It will be interesting to see who takes the final starting spot. Might be match up dependent. Young, Stewart, Power or one of the freshman guards.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I like Reeves ahead of Young, for sure. But I could also see us going with Mitchell, Power, Flip in the front court (or a fresh guard at the 3) if we determine that our chances are better to outscore the other team. That might make us a very good offensive team but likely not as good defensively. Young and Flip playing the majority of minutes together is just not a good idea from my view.

Reactions: jamsession3
I like Reeves ahead of Young, for sure. But I could also see us going with Mitchell, Power, Flip in the front court (or a fresh guard at the 3) if we determine that our chances are better to outscore the other team. That might make us a very good offensive team but likely not as good defensively. Young and Flip playing the majority of minutes together is just not a good idea from my view.
I agree a year under your belt brings experience and maturity, but I don't think Duke should sacrifice Flip at the 5. Flip needs to be secure at the 4. Reeves and Young are enough to make sure any time Flip is at the 5 it's with limited minutes. When Reeves and Young are in foul trouble, we will welcome Stewart at the position.

Kentucky's Reeves pulling out of draft but entering portal.
Not sure what Livingston is thinking by staying in the draft. If he’s lucky, he will be a late 2nd round pick. Know Kentucky along with some Texas schools are trying to get Arthur Kaluma out of the portal. IMO, he has the most upside of any player still available. Could see him making a massive improvement from his time at Creighton to playing in the SEC or Big12.

Dayton's Holmes pulled out of the draft and picked...Dayton. That one was a surprise to me. Although he is not a grad transfer so he missed the deadline to go to another school. He was projected roughly mid second round. Might be a bit undersized for the league at 6-8/9 He's listed at 6-10 but that may be stretching it.
Somebody around the Dayton program also got him a decent sized NIL deal for next year. Nothing major. Just an additional $95k on top of what he was getting.

I’ll stick by my original prediction that Reeves will supplant Young at some point in mid to late ACC season and in which case that is a great thing for us.
If it’s him and flip on the court they’ll put us in pick and roll hell

I am curious to know if Stewart could play the 5, which would allow Flip at the 4 and Mitchell at the 3. If I had to guess we start the season with Flip, Mitchell, Roach, Proctor and one of the freshman guards.
Wondering same thing about Stewart. He's "a jumping jack" so I think he probably PLAYS bigger than 6ft, 8in. I think it's a definite possibility. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT