ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

Or Roach and Blakes are leaving.
Wow Hunter Dickinson is good. That is a big loss for Michigan. He almost went into the draft last year. Former 5 star I believe.

I don’t buy it either. If Duke is going after him Blakes isn’t the only transfer
It will be interesting to see what Roach, Schutt and Blakes do. 1 or 2 may leave.
Speaking of guards, Hunter Sallis of Gonzaga has entered the portal. Had a disappointing first 2 years; but a former 5 star.

Last edited:
Top transfers list as of today.
1. Hunter Dickinson Michigan. 7-1 260
2. Keegan Records C Colgate
3. Kel'el Ware C Oregon
4. Kaden Shedrick C Virginia
5. Walter Clayton PG Iona
6. Michah Handlongten C Marshall
7. Sahvir Wheeler PG Kentucky
8. Kerr Krilsa PG Arizona
9. Aly Khalfia C Charlotte
10. Adrian Baldwin PG VCU
Other notables: Oliver N from Tennessee, Joe Girard from Syracuse, Hunter Sallis from Gonzaga and Jameyn Brakefield from Ole Miss. The Dayton transfer Holmes should be top 5.

Last edited:
Top transfers list as of today.
1. Hunter Dickinson Michigan. 7-1 260
2. Keegan Records C Colgate
3. Kel'el Ware C Oregon
4. Kaden Shedrick C Virginia
5. Walter Clayton PG Iona
6. Michah Handlongten C Marshall
7. Sahvir Wheeler PG Kentucky
8. Kerr Krilsa PG Arizona
9. Aly Khalfia C Charlotte
10. Adrian Baldwin PG VCU
Other notables: Oliver N from Tennessee, Joe Girard from Syracuse, Hunter Sallis from Gonzaga and Jameyn Brakefield from Ole Miss

Proctor
Foster
MgBako
Mitchell
Dickinson

McCain
Stewart
Young

8 man rotation

Can yall live with that?

If Flip and Roach go that is a solid line up. Add Schutt for some shooting.

Last edited:
If I needed a center, I’d take Shedrick from UVA over Dickinson. He’s very athletic.
Think it depends on how many minutes that you foresee that person playing. If it’s 20-25 minutes so that time is split with Young then Shedrick is the choice. If you’re looking for a starter then the answer is Dickinson.

Reactions: jeffrey236
I'm not totally buying this one. Seems like some guys like to throw Duke in even if the contact is minimal or not even initiated by the staff. We are loaded with guards at the moment.
My thoughts exactly!! Couldn't resist throwing it out there to see if others agreed....OFC

Hunter Sallis has just added NC State and Wake to his list. Former 5 star SG.

Watching some footage of the Dayton center Holmes. Wow this kid is athletic. Wirey and strong. He dunks a lot and has a nice jump hook. Can hit the 10 footer as well. Only question is the level of comp. but he looks good.
Level of Competition...??? And what he expects at DUKE.

Reactions: christophero
Agusta

Agusta free press thinks we’re getting Shedrick
Saw that piece. Then, later I saw we were speaking to another similar type 5. I hope Jon and staff are not "over- recruiting" to the point of running off existing players like Reeves.

@Mac9192 brought up a good point recently about chemistry, and the possibility of too much talent. Not to sound like a "Debbie Downer," but I hope we do not see too many defections from the program. Two players who I think can really develop further and make real contributions (and stay four years): Reeves and Schutt. Hate to see either one of those guys depart. Just my two cents.

OFC

Saw that piece. Then, later I saw we were speaking to another similar type 5. I hope Jon and staff are not "over- recruiting" to the point of running off existing players like Reeves.

@Mac9192 brought up a good point recently about chemistry, and the possibility of too much talent. Not to sound like a "Debbie Downer," but I hope we do not see too many defections from the program. Two players who I think can really develop further and make real contributions (and stay four years): Reeves and Schutt. Hate to see either one of those guys depart. Just my two cents.

OFC
These are great points. Player development is becoming a loss art!

Reactions: hart2chesson
We still don't know who is leaving and staying. Flip and Roach could still go. The coaching staff probably knows at this point. The bench guys may be waiting to see who we bring in. I'm hoping for Flip and the Virginia center. Roach back would be great, but at this point we need Flip back more. If Flip and Roach go, then we've lost 4 of our top 6 and will need to reload.

Hunter Dickinson's high school coach just joined the Maryland coaching staff. Gee I wonder what will happen next.

• Haha
@Coach325 Any chatter on Utah State's Steven Ashworth transferring here? I wouldn't necessarily say there's a great need, but who doesn't want another a good shooter? One of the best shooters in the country. 1st Team All-MWC.

Evidently we offered him a scholarship late in 2018. And he was also backcourt mates with Frank Jackson in high school.
Don’t believe so. Duke is only focusing on a quality center at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT