ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

Blakes is insurance.
These players don't want to be insurance since the portal IS WHAT THE PORTAL IS... it's crazy to me. And I lean 50/50 (for it, and understanding)... I'd much rather want an opportunity to play at the school I'm at, but if that's not the case transfer where a chance is FORSURE A GIVEN... but to transfer and be in the same situation I was in before is crazy to me...

Bacon returning is big for them but let him get his and who beats you for the cheats?

As for Flip returning, revenge tour…

Bad Wheel Bacot in the house. Of course with his ankle he would of fit right in wearing Duke blue.

Last edited:
If bacot came here he woulda somehow left after his sophomore year. All jokes aside the Covid year needs to go, this crap with 25/26 year olds in college is ridiculous

Reactions: christophero
Yes they had a subpar year but getting a 16/10 guy back is big. Us getting Flip back would be nice; but it seems doubtful.

Reactions: skysdad
I've felt a long time even last year that bacot would have five full years at cheater u. He's got it made. Big time NIL deal. Jersey will be retired, another pre-season ACCPOY, a new hair style and a continuance of getting by with camping in the lane, pushing, grabbing, shoving, holding and flopping. No bainer there. The four that have decided to hit the transport portal aren't gonna be missed. love and davis both are still up in the air and won't get a better deal than they will get at what they will get at cheater u. I do think those making up their minds early will help cheater u hit the portal trail quicker. OFC

That is how I feel about Proctor & Mitchell (neither expected to sniff the 1st round). Why not return on a big NIL? I sure hope we can get some of those good deals. Everyone talks about the success of Duke Alumni ... well ... now is the time to pony up on some of that success and help keep some recruits in house.
Amen young!!!

OFC

I've felt a long time even last year that bacot would have five full years at cheater u. He's got it made. Big time NIL deal. Jersey will be retired, another pre-season ACCPOY, a new hair style and a continuance of getting by with camping in the lane, pushing, grabbing, shoving, holding and flopping. No bainer there. The four that have decided to hit the transport portal aren't gonna be missed. love and davis both are still up in the air and won't get a better deal than they will get at what they will get at cheater u. I do think those making up their minds early will help cheater u hit the portal trail quicker. OFC

This is spot on. I wish we could recruit some players like that who aren’t locks for the NBA yet are great college players. Maybe Mitchell can be that. Didn’t Bacot sign a $1 million NIL deal?

Surely we can get Mitchell and Proctor into the $500k plus area.

Some guys have to earn playing time. Are you convinced everyone has to start?
I know enough about Dukes history that says Mgbako is starting ( he’s not coming off anyone’s bench ). Mitchell isn’t/wouldn’t return to come off the bench . Young and Reeves I can see coming off the bench and that leaves Stewart who until we see more from Reeves would start due to defense and rebounding . I forgot about Powers he’ll come off the bench . You loose Proctor and Roach that will be a good competition between Blakes/Schutt and Foster / McCain for the two back court spots . But yeah I’m pretty sure if Mitchell returns and Mgbako stays on the roster they both start so it’s between Young, Stewart and Reeves for the last spot on the floor . You could go with Young but he has an old school game and not athletic enough for quicker bigs that leaves you With Reeves and Stewart . One of the two are starting .

I know enough about Dukes history that says Mgbako is starting ( he’s not coming off anyone’s bench ). Mitchell isn’t/wouldn’t return to come off the bench . Young and Reeves I can see coming off the bench and that leaves Stewart who until we see more from Reeves would start due to defense and rebounding . I forgot about Powers he’ll come off the bench . You loose Proctor and Roach that will be a good competition between Blakes/Schutt and Foster / McCain for the two back court spots . But yeah I’m pretty sure if Mitchell returns and Mgbako stays on the roster they both start so it’s between Young, Stewart and Reeves for the last spot on the floor . You could go with Young but he has an old school game and not athletic enough for quicker bigs that leaves you With Reeves and Stewart . One of the two are starting .
I’ve seen plenty of FR come off the bench, and if you haven’t noticed, Jon’s goal is to get these kids to play as a unit, regardless of starters/bench. And Mgbako is good but come on, he’s not at all-star already like a Zion or KI.

Reactions: Duke937 and ioliva
Flip would be the face of college basketball if he came back. A superstar. Not saying he should come back, but no one is going to know him if he is on the Buck's bench. But I get it; money.

Last edited:
Flip would be the face of college basketball if he came back. A superstar. Not saying he should come back, but no one is going to know him if he is on the Buck's bench. But I get it; money.

I beg to disagree with you christophero because I tend to agree with you but bacot is the face of college basketball. It's an ugly face and he has that dumbass look on his face all the time and his face has been in college basketball a long, long time. It is a face I will never forget. 😊 OFC

I’ve seen plenty of FR come off the bench, and if you haven’t noticed, Jon’s goal is to get these kids to play as a unit, regardless of starters/bench. And Mgbako is good but come on, he’s not at all-star already like a Zion or KI.
Ok so he’s coming to Duke to come off the bench ? The highest ranked player in Dukes number 2 recruiting class ? If you think that I got beach front property for sale for a dollar .

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Since when would a freshman Stewart beat out a sophomore Mitchell?
I never said that ! Period ! I said Stewart would start at the five Mitchell and Mgbako as the hybrid 3/4’s better re read my post their buddy .
Mitchell is a hybrid 4. Can defend multiple positions but does most his scoring in the paint . Mgbako can play the 3 and 4 but is better at the pf spot and Stewart is a post player period . So take those three with what Duke has coming in and who we know so far is staying and where do you think Stewart gets the bulk of his minutes especially if Mitchell returns .

Blakes and Schutt, based on their performance this year, cannot really compete with Foster and McCain assuming their expectations are warranted. If Foster and McCain are just marginally better than Blakes and Schutt, we are going to have a lot of problems. Neither Blakes nor Schutt can play the point. Schutt has yet to show any defense ability. Blakes' offense was not even as good as Goldwire's. Help from the transfer portal will be urgently needed, as much as I hate to say it. OFC

Reactions: christophero
Ok so he’s coming to Duke to come off the bench ? The highest ranked player in Dukes number 2 recruiting class ? If you think that I got beach front property for sale for a dollar .
So Whitehead came to start? That worked well for him, regardless of injury. You’re falling short here man, but keep your perspective that all top 25 players come to start and that rationale that returning players won’t return for fear of these incoming top 25 lol.

This is reminding me of when you were adamant Flip was a 5.

Reactions: Tik Tok
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT