ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

Shedrick is a nice combo with Young because he does a lot of the things Lively does. Not saying he is as good as Lively; but a decent substitute with a lot of ACC experience. And he's a big body. And he has 2 years left.

Shedrick is a nice combo with Young because he does a lot of the things Lively does. Not saying he is as good as Lively; but a decent substitute with a lot of ACC experience. And he's a big body. And he has 2 years left.
I'm not completely in love with Shedrick but compared to Lively this season, I got this from Basketball Reference:

Lively
PER - 22.6
Min - 20.6
OWS - 1.8 (offensive win shares)
DWS - 1.7 (defensive win shares)
WS - 3.5 (win shares)

Shedrick
PER - 24.9
Min - 17.5
OWS - 1.7
DWS - 1.4
WS - 3.1

Sherick had better numbers last year and fell off a little this year. I think it was because Van Plaus (sp?) was a better shooter, but could be wrong.

Reactions: christophero
Again, I’ll be very surprised if it’s Shedrick. Duke is being patient and waiting for a real difference maker. I expect some big names to enter the portal very soon and you’ll see Duke make a move. I believe Duke will land a center, but don’t believe it will be Shedrick.

Again, I’ll be very surprised if it’s Shedrick. Duke is being patient and waiting for a real difference maker. I expect some big names to enter the portal very soon and you’ll see Duke make a move. I believe Duke will land a center, but don’t believe it will be Shedrick.
I totally agree. This is not a knock to Shedrick or anyone in the portal, but chemistry and fit is so important. I can remember two additions that impacted Duke and got them a ship, D. Jones and Sean Obi. Neither played in 2001 or 2015, but their impact in practice helped Battier/Mike D and Oak/Plumlee tremendously.

If Duke signs Shedrick this week your credibility will be ruined forever. No pressure. :)

@bleediteveryday30 knocked it out of the park with the Proctor, Mark and Flip predictions. Let's hit on this prediction too, coach!

I think Duke will be just fine without jumping the gun on him . I find it hard to believe Duke would settle for a big that went from starting to the bench in one of the lowest scoring offenses . It wasn’t Virginia’s front court that kept them in games it was their guards .

I’m just interested in knowing why people think he will produce better at Duke ?
He’d be the last option on offense and unless he can average a block a game and double digit rebounding how is he an upgrade over young ?
Hahaha the last option? He is WAY more polished on offense than Mitchell. And most likely a better offensive weapon then any freshman 2 guard.

Hahaha the last option? He is WAY more polished on offense than Mitchell. And most likely a better offensive weapon then any freshman 2 guard.
Wow, let’s not go overboard here. Mitchell? Debatable. More offensively productive than say Foster? 😳

Reactions: sheyduke
Lol he’s not going to be the go to big at Duke . That will be Flip and Mitchell followed by the guard play of Proctor, Foster and McCain. If he was way more polished then Mitchell why did he get put back on the bench ?

Shedrick may not be the guy Jon wants, or takes. I also have no idea what happened to him under Bennett. What I do know is that in his 15 starts, he averaged 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks a game.
I don’t think we need a ball dominant center, but we do need someone able to score. I might be wrong, but I think Shedrick could help.

Shedrick was still paying; he was just coming off the bench. He isn't Tappe; he could really help our team. People are going to double team Flip which will help him. And with Young he won't need to go the whole game. We have a pretty loaded team next year; the Hunters of the world aren't coming here.

Outside of the Blocks young averaged just about the same in rebounding and scoring.
I do think the reason behind looking for an impact big is because Reeves will not be able to put in much off season work due to surgery on his ankle which is going to set him back . It was also noted that him and Flip may not be ready to go at the beginning of the season .
Duke might sign Shedrick but I don’t think he’s a starting caliber big in Dukes offense.
Either way the staff not offering yet has me believing they think he is not the best option at this time .

They may not be ready 6 months from now? Yikes that doesn't sound like minor surgery.
Jessie Edwards of Syracuse to West Virginia. Huggy Bear gearing up for one last run. They have gotten several transfers now. Big loss for Syracuse.

Last edited:
Lol he’s not going to be the go to big at Duke . That will be Flip and Mitchell followed by the guard play of Proctor, Foster and McCain. If he was way more polished then Mitchell why did he get put back on the bench ?
You know I’m talking about Holmes right? Not Shedrick.

Chris Ledlam of Harvard looks good. Averaged 18 and 8. 6-6 225 he is built like Winslow. Tenn, Indiana and St John's are his 3 finalists.

Holmes may declare for the draft. He isn't even in the portal yet.
Exactly. You have to understand how the optimist mind works. There is still a chance he goes into the portal. There is still a chance he declares with no agent. Sure, he could end up staying at Dayton, or fully declaring with an agent but my mind doesn’t see that until it happens.

So again, I say “Holmes please” speak it into existence.

Shedrick is the shy girl at school who asks you to the prom. You say maybe, I need to ask the 5 most popular girls and I'll get back to you. You're hoping to go with Holmes, but 50 other people want to as well. :) And Holmes may not even go to the prom.

I will be annoyed if Shedrick gets away while we are pursuing bigger fish. But I figure Jon knows what he is doing. He is visiting Texas, KSU, and Xavier and then Duke.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamsession3
Let me throw some names out for fun, that are ranked higher and around Shedrick as centers on evanmiya.com. Efficiency stats so not end all be all. (22-23 Overall ranks next to name)

2) Donovan Clingan (not going anywhere)
9) Charles Bediako (don't see why he'd transfer but Duke recruited him - draft process but expected back)
10) Adama Sanogo (draft process)
19) Vladislav Goldin
20) Derek Lively II (reference point)
32) Adem Bona
45) Johni Broome
49) Oumar Ballo
62) Moussa Cisse (in portal - no contact reported)
70) Kadin Shedrick
76) Hunter Dickinson (in portal - no contact reported)
90) Julian Reese
142) Cliff Omoruyi (draft process)
237) DaRon Holmes II
272) Jessie Edwards (WVU commit)
310) Jamarion Sharp (in portal - no contact reported)
357) Ryan Young

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT