ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Sweet 16 Games

HeLooks2MuchLikeDave

Cameron Crazy
Dec 1, 2010
Might as well get this started. This side of the bracket carries very little intrigue for me now that UNC is knocked out. UK will blow out KSU (sorry 12345CATS). I mean lets be serious, they could only score 50 on the Retrievers. I like both Loyola-Chi and Nevada so don't care who wins. The West bracket might have some good games. I'll be interested in seeing if Tex A&M can keep up their domination inside. And I'm torn between FSU and the Zags, probably will end up cheering for the Noles.

For tonight, all I care about seeing is UK lose. No one on that side of the bracket scares me.
All of the interesting games are tomorrow, wish Nova/WVU was tonight, go Neers.

I'll watch tonight, but yes, I agree....very little intrigue, overall.

I'll take UK, Nevada, Gonzaga and Michigan. All of those teams should now be scared with the way my predictions have gone thus far in the tournament.

Anything can happen. We thought Virginia and Arizona were going to roll their way to the sweet sixteen. I just want to see uk lose! As far as I’m concerned Kansas State has a good a chance as any.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I work with this UK fan and he told me the other day that since Mich St went out that Duke had the easiet bracket in decades and tried to convince me UK had a harder road. A UNC fan jumped in our conversation and backed the UK dude all the way,I told them I was going to call HR and get them to check their urine.UK Dude was serious A.F. and the UNC fan was just being....well a UNC fan.

I also told the UK dude I would like see him take an IQ test to see if he was clinically retarded.

Even in S.C the delusion runs deep....

I work with this UK fan and he told me the other day that since Mich St went out that Duke had the easiet bracket in decades and tried to convince me UK had a harder road. A UNC fan jumped in our conversation and backed the UK dude all the way,I told them I was going to call HR and get them to check their urine.UK Dude was serious A.F. and the UNC fan was just being....well a UNC fan.

I also told the UK dude I would like see him take an IQ test to see if he was clinically retarded.

Damn , I can't believe that you are unlucky enough to work with both UK and Hole fans. Ever think about changing jobs? I have worked with many Hole fans back in time, but , to have to listen to both, oh well.

I can’t believe how much uk has lucked out. I feel like besides facing nova, Kansas is the toughest match up on the board. Then to face Syracuse, a team we’ve already beat, is brutal. Still I think we’re a shoo in for the elite 8 at the very least. If we can get past Kansas and somehow Villanova that title should be ours. I expect to see uk come out of the other side

Damn , I can't believe that you are unlucky enough to work with both UK and Hole fans. Ever think about changing jobs? I have worked with many Hole fans back in time, but , to have to listen to both, oh well.

Yeah it's mixture here. We have a lot of Clemson and Cock fans though considering this is S.C.

Some Duke grads work here, most notably a Duke Football player from a few years back, don't want to put his name out there on a public forum but we have some good balance here. We have a few UNC grads too but we put them the basement :cool:

Before the tournament, on paper, both Duke and UK's potential matchups looked daunting. That's no longer the case. Both teams have 'easier' roads than previously thought. They should beat Kansas St. and we should beat Syracuse. Neither are givens, though.

I think now, on paper, our potential path looks harder than theirs. We could still play Kansas and Villanova if we're fortunate to keep winning. That's two top seeds. UK can't meet anyone higher than a three-seed until the national championship game. That's not their fault, but it's reality. I think if you asked any rational and sane UK fan if they'd switch spots with us, their answer would be an emphatic no. Then again, I just assumed there's rational and sane UK fans out there....so the joke is technically on me.

Before the tournament, on paper, both Duke and UK's potential matchups looked daunting. That's no longer the case. Both teams have 'easier' roads than previously thought. They should beat Kansas St. and we should beat Syracuse. Neither are givens, though.

I think now, on paper, our potential path looks harder than theirs. We could still play Kansas and Villanova if we're fortunate to keep winning. That's two top seeds. UK can't meet anyone higher than a three-seed until the national championship game. That's not their fault, but it's reality. I think if you asked any rational and sane UK fan if they'd switch spots with us, their answer would be an emphatic no. Then again, I just assumed there's rational and sane UK fans out there....so the joke is technically on me.

We don’t have an easier road than was expected. Michigan State wasn’t good. Media hyped them up. They had 2 wins over tournament teams this whole year.

Reactions: nboehman
Most advanced stats say Clemson is a better team than Kansas, believe it or not. Clemson is an elite defense, Kansas is not. Clemson also has the PG back that missed the game we played against them (yes, I'm aware we were missing Bagley).

Kansas is favored because their jerseys say "Kansas" and the game is in Omaha, I expect that game to be a war.

Most advanced stats say Clemson is a better team than Kansas, believe it or not. Clemson is an elite defense, Kansas is not. Clemson also has the PG back that missed the game we played against them (yes, I'm aware we were missing Bagley).

Kansas is favored because their jerseys say "Kansas" and the game is in Omaha, I expect that game to be a war.

I expect Clemson to "shock the world" although it won't be that shocking. Clemson plays hard, man. Imagine how good they could have been without injuries. Mad respect for Brownell for the job he has done.

Last edited:

Can u imagine living among them?! I hear crap like this still. I think they are just programmed to say that kind of stupid stuff. Every year I hear the same song! I’ve just gotten so used to it?!

Reactions: HonkeyT

There’s a few sane uk fans out there like some of the uk posters on the main board, but for the most part, yea the joke is on you:)

we have an easier road now that what we had at the beginning of this tournament. Going through msu Kansas nova then uva/unc would have been brutal.

now it's Syracuse Kansas nova then Uk/Michigan/Texas a m/ Gonzaga

That is not as hard. sure we still have to play well and could lose to anyone but I will take what is in front of us right now

Syracuse and either Clemson or Kansas is easier than k state and a mid major???Hahahaha!! Wow.....that's rich even for uk fans!! I would love to see them lose tonight, but would also love to beat them in the finals, because for one, losing in the finals would crush their souls.....losing the finals to DUKE, really painful for them.....and then we put the cherry on the topping in the champions classic!!! THIS, would give me a year long permanent smile.....I am still not convinced they make it. A&M, Zags, and Michigan are all plenty capable of beating them. I am going to Indy for the champions classic. I would love to roll up in there wearing a 2018 national champions shirt and watch Zion put on a dunk clinic on them!!

Reactions: HonkeyT
Am I the only person who would like to play UK for the championship?
I think we would spank their a$$, and would love to see the meltdown of Little Blue Nation.

I think we would spank their a$$, and would love to see the meltdown of Little Blue Nation.
You’re probably the only one. As great as it would be to see the meltdown if we beat them, if we lose then there’d be a really good chance that A LOT of RR posters would come here after the game and I don’t think any of us want that.

If that is what happens, then it will be fun. Just hard to pass up them taking a sure L somewhere else though, but sometimes you have to do things yourself.

You’re probably the only one. As great as it would be to see the meltdown if we beat them, if we lose then there’d be a really good chance that A LOT of RR posters would come here after the game and I don’t think any of us want that.
I look at it completely differently. I think we have the better team, so I think we would be more likely to win than lose. And so the risk/reward is great. Plus, good things happening to Duke outweigh the bad things to me. For instance, if we win this year, it outweighs the pain of UNC winning last year. So for me, the positive of beating UK in the finals would outweigh the negative of losing to them. And again, since I like our chances, I'd love to see them in the finals.

I have made the statement several times already..... I would LOVE to play them in the finals!!! I honestly think we beat them by double digits.

Reactions: dukesince91
I will not be shocked if we end up seeing Clemson. They came into this tournament with some serious purpose.

I'm still not convinced ky even makes the finals. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see gonzaga, Michigan or A&M there....my bracket in the pool I'm in has us over Michigan

I'm still not convinced ky even makes the finals. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see gonzaga, Michigan or A&M there....my bracket in the pool I'm in has us over Michigan
I have us beating Michigan for the title too. For fun I looked up to see how many times Michigan has made it to the title game. They made it to the title game in 1965, 1976, 1989, 1992, 1993, 2013. When they played in the title game in 1992, 1993 and 2013 they lost to ACC teams (Duke, UNC, Louisville), so if we play them in the title game and beat them, it will be the fourth straight title they’ve lost to an ACC team. Also in their last three title game appearances either they or their opponents had their wins vacated.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I don't really care, honestly. If we get to that point I'll like our chances, regardless of who is waiting for us. I just prefer to never play UNC or UK in the tournament. A personal preference.

It's a big time risk / reward. No worse loss, no sweeter win

Reactions: tripleb71
This isn’t directly related to the Sweet 16 but I didn’t want to create a thread for it. I just read an article from ESPN that was posted on Facebook about a fan that filled out a bracket and went 0-20 in their picks through the first 20 games. That tells me that the person obviously knows nothing about college basketball and just randomly picked teams and got extremely “unlucky” that that none of their picks won lol

Using the upset delta points system (1 pt. per seed difference in each upset)

1. 2014 (111)
2. 1986, 2013 (105)
4. 1999 (103)
5. 2006 (101)
6. 2011 (98)
7. 2016 (97)
8. 2002, 2010 (95)
10. 1985, 2001 (93)
12. 1990 (92)
13. 2012 (87)
14. 1987, 2018 (84)
16. 2005 (78)
17. 1988, 1991, 2000 (74)
20. 1998 (73)
21. 1997 (71)
22. 2017 (69)
23. 1989 (68)
24. 2003 (66)
25. 1992, 1994, 1996, 2008 (64)
29. 2004, 2015 (61)
31. 1995 (60)
32. 2009 (53)
33. 1993 (48)
34. 2007 (26)

How did Nevada and Loyola Chicago make the sweet 16? Ugly basketball filled with mistakes

33-12 w 8 minutes to go in first half.
How did the Cheaters lose to this team?

Last edited:
A&M blew their wad against UNC....that’s fine with me. Besides, Michigan would be pummeling whoever they played tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT