ADVERTISEMENT

The state of college basketball

How would you like to see collge basketball?

• Leave the one and done as is.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Recruits must play college BB at least two years.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Recruits must play college BB at least three years.

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean when you turn 18 if you don’t get drafted you go to college while you work on a backup plan( degree) all while waiting to to get drafted. All the elites would get drafted out of high school. Most of 2nd their guys wouldnt get drafted until at least 2 years. Sounds good to me! Lol

The one and done isn't going anywhere. I'm thinking the new changes will be some of the elite recruits skip college, and some elite recruits still attend college.

I mentioned this on TheBrotherhood forum, but I think college basketball's biggest problem is guys leaving (in increasing numbers each year) that are 2nd rounders or undrafted guys. College basketball needs to figure out a way to keep the Trevon Duvals, Gary Trent's, and Cassius Stanleys around for more than 1 year. They do that, and I believe the product will start to improve.

Personally I believe the super elite One-and-Done guys like Bagley or Zion have been saving college basketball the past 5 or so years. College basketball needs to welcome these guys still, even if it's only for 1 year. But again, they really need to focus on keeping non-first rounders around for more than 1 year, it was always like that until this decade.
I think you’re spot on with who College Basketball needs to keep around. Zions rarely come around and when they do, they’ll no longer be forced to go to college. That’s a shame from the college hoops fans perspective. But the game can get better if some of those second tier (but still Sure fire proS) recruits stick around for multiple years. Having a second year Trent last year would have made us truly unstoppable. Can say the same for plenty of other seasons and not just for Duke.

Reactions: jwill133
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT