ADVERTISEMENT

Something interesting that I realized last night

DiehardDukeFan4Life

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 21, 2011
I have a doctors appointment coming up on February 9th which is what made me realize this. The appointment that I have is almost always scheduled on Fridays, so while thinking about my doctors appointment it made me realize this. Our first game against UNC is February 8th which is a Thursday. Am I wrong in remembering that our first game against UNC has always been on Wednesday? I wonder why they scheduled the game on Thursday this season.

I have a doctors appointment coming up on February 9th which is what made me realize this. The appointment that I have is almost always scheduled on Fridays, so while thinking about my doctors appointment it made me realize this. Our first game against UNC is February 8th which is a Thursday. Am I wrong in remembering that our first game against UNC has always been on Wednesday? I wonder why they scheduled the game on Thursday this season.
It has always been Wednesday. Thursdays are my on call nights. Which means I will likely have to leave the house at some point during the game. Pisses me off. Never had this problem before.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The one good thing about the game being on Thursday is that my doctors appointment is the next day at Duke and one of the receptionists at the clinic that my appointment is at is a UNC fan and we’re always giving each other a hard time (she’s one of the few UNC fans that it’s fun to do a little trash talking with) so I’ll be able to give her a hard time a day sooner than I would’ve if the game were on Wednesday like it usually has been in the past.

The Thursday night game actually started last season. I’m not sure why the change.

I also remember when the final game of the season was played on Sunday afternoon at 4pm, and not Saturday evening like now. That changed in the mid-2000s.

Reactions: pisgah101
The Thursday night game actually started last season. I’m not sure why the change.

I also remember when the final game of the season was played on Sunday afternoon at 4pm, and not Saturday evening like now. That changed in the mid-2000s.
I had forgotten that the season finale used to be on Sunday afternoon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT