ADVERTISEMENT

Seeking Advice

bullcity gamer

Cameron Crazy
Oct 15, 2017
All,

I convinced the owner of my favorite Mexican Restaurant to convert his Restaurant/Bar into a "Duke" Sports Team Bar. I am in the process of ordering three to four flags for the new Duke bar along with some Duke pennants. I am curious to see if any of you know if there is any way to reach out to a school to let them know an establishment plans to make the said establishment into a "Sports team bar supporting their school" and maybe the school would donate memorabilia to the establishment to help decorate the establishment. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance!

Start by contacting the Duke athletic department. From there, you might be put in touch with the Iron Dukes.

Send me a PM and I can share a name or two that might help you out.

Reactions: sheyduke
Ask him if he wants an awesome 9 photo dunk collage of big Zion and his windmill in a game. Brand new frame and never been hung. It’s seriously awesome. All photos crisp and clear with great color. $129 shipped.

9-A452646-70-C1-444-B-9394-0-A7-C9-BD9-FD74.jpg

AFA63628-92-BA-4-AC9-A282-10918442-C5-FB.jpg

7-DEE1-E68-C898-48-E4-B6-A3-3-AA7-A581-D569.jpg

95462493-B2-E9-4-FFC-9-F29-0-AA9-A9805554.jpg

F0-A52-CAF-B46-C-44-F4-83-EB-1410-FA702786.jpg

That is awesome 500. I will ask him tomorrow and let you know. If he says yes, how long would it take to get it shipped out to Central Illinois?

All,

I convinced the owner of my favorite Mexican Restaurant to convert his Restaurant/Bar into a "Duke" Sports Team Bar. I am in the process of ordering three to four flags for the new Duke bar along with some Duke pennants. I am curious to see if any of you know if there is any way to reach out to a school to let them know an establishment plans to make the said establishment into a "Sports team bar supporting their school" and maybe the school would donate memorabilia to the establishment to help decorate the establishment. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance!

i have a 24"X36" JJ Reddick print done by https://www.jasonrobichau.com/ that I will donate.

This guy has some nice Duke artwork.
I have two different Duke national champions prints, and 903 and counting which is a really cool print

I have these as well!

I contacted him about doing one for every title team. He said its on his mind but just doesn't have time right now.

I have the 903 and Kounting, and the 2010 and 2015 national champions, along with the one of JJ. I like some of his Ali stuff as well but don't have any

Know a couple ex Duke players....Will talk w/them and learn if they have any memorabilia they would pass on....Good luck w/your venture- sounds quite innovative!

OFC

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Yeah, dying to know the backstory there... how do you convince a guy in Illinois to change the theme of his restaurant to a Duke restaurant?!

How the heck did you get him to do that LOL

Haha I’m a regular at his restaurant/bar. His business is thriving right now since he opened in late July of last year. He has a Facebook page going and is always looking for ideas to expand/promote his restaurant/bar, whether it be having NFL watch parties, College Football playoff parties. He plans to have A Selection Show party on Sunday and have drink specials going on this week for the ACC Tournament and throughout the NCAA Tournament.

Anyways a couple weeks ago, we were drinking, and I brought the idea up to him. I told him there are more Duke fans in Bloomington-Normal than just myself and told him it’s perfect timing with the NCAA Tournament coming up. He said, “you know it’s not a bad idea, I like it, let me think about it.” I brought it up to him again last night and he said, “let’s do it, I’ll order some flags, I have always liked Duke better than unc anyways” and I told him I would order some flags as well and we were already discussing where we were going to place the flags, pennants, memorabilia throughout his 2 story restaurant. My brother (Tar Heel fan) is not happy at all lol. Sorry for the novel all.

Last edited:
Haha I’m a regular at his restaurant/bar. His business is thriving right now since he opened in late July of last year. He has a Facebook page going and is always looking for ideas to expand/promote his restaurant/bar, whether it be having NFL watch parties, College Football playoff parties. He plans to have A Selection Show party on Sunday and have drink specials going on this week for the ACC Tournament and throughout the NCAA Tournament.

Anyways a couple weeks ago, we were drinking, and I brought the idea up to him. I told him there are more Duke fans in Bloomington-Normal than just myself and told him it’s perfect timing with the NCAA Tournament coming up. He said, “you know it’s not a bad idea, I like it, let me think about it.” I brought it up to him against last night and he said, “let’s do it, I’ll order some flags, I have always liked Duke better than unc anyways” and I told him I would order some flags as well and we were already discussing where we were going to place the flags, pennants, memorabilia throughout his 2 story restaurant. My brother (Tar Heel fan) is not happy at all lol. Sorry for the novel all.

Cool stuff man !

Once it’s up and running, I can give you guys the name of the Facebook page so you guys can check out what it looks like from the outside and inside. Thanks again to all of you for all the advice, it is much appreciated!

Reactions: pisgah101
Just curious, but does this restaurant owner realize how many people hate us?

Reactions: QC Dukie
Mpm277 oh yeah he does. His place is in the downtown area and is probably the best Mexican restaurant/bar in the town that I just can’t see it hurting his business at all haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mpm277
Ask him if he wants an awesome 9 photo dunk collage of big Zion and his windmill in a game. Brand new frame and never been hung. It’s seriously awesome. All photos crisp and clear with great color. $129 shipped.

If Bull City or Kobe doesn't buy it, I will.

[/QUOTE

500, please send me an email at the_rude35@hotmail.com and we can make arrangements to have it shipped to the address of the restaurant/bar along with the payment details. The owner said he will buy the Zion collage. Thank You, I will respond to your email tomorrow. I am attending the Bulls and Lakers game tonight.

Anyways a couple weeks ago, we were drinking, and I brought the idea up to him. I told him there are more Duke fans in Bloomington-Normal than just myself and told him it’s perfect timing with the NCAA Tournament coming up. He said, “you know it’s not a bad idea, I like it, let me think about it.” I brought it up to him again last night and he said, “let’s do it, I’ll order some flags, I have always liked Duke better than unc anyways” and I told him I would order some flags as well and we were already discussing where we were going to place the flags, pennants, memorabilia throughout his 2 story restaurant. My brother (Tar Heel fan) is not happy at all lol. Sorry for the novel all.
Hey bullcity, I live in Central Illinois as well. Just west of Peoria in a small town called Brimfield. Good to know there are Duke fans around this area. My family I struggle to find them. HAHA

Hey bullcity, I live in Central Illinois as well. Just west of Peoria in a small town called Brimfield. Good to know there are Duke fans around this area. My family I struggle to find them. HAHA

duhondukie, nice I know where Brimfield is at. This Mexican restaurant/bar is located in downtown Bloomington (Tony's Tacos), once it gets modified into a Duke bar, you and your family will have to come check it out. I know the owner has said that Chris Duhon has been in the restaurant a few times (Duhon is an assistant coach for the Illinois State University Men's Basketball team). Hopefully, Duhon will make more stops into the restaurant once word spreads it's a Duke bar haha.

duhondukie, nice I know where Brimfield is at. This Mexican restaurant/bar is located in downtown Bloomington (Tony's Tacos), once it gets modified into a Duke bar, you and your family will have to come check it out. I know the owner has said that Chris Duhon has been in the restaurant a few times (Duhon is an assistant coach for the Illinois State University Men's Basketball team). Hopefully, Duhon will make more stops into the restaurant once word spreads it's a Duke bar haha.
I would definitely bring the wife and kids. Thanks for the heads up.

I made the Zion dunking thing myself for the price of the frame and printing the pics out at Wal-Mart...id post a pic if I knew how...think the frame was 20 bucks on amazon maybe a little more

All,

Not now, but contact Duke marketing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT