ADVERTISEMENT

Prosecute the Wake fans who hit Flip

Yeah the players have a right to finish the game out win or lose. The home team has the responsibility to keep their fans off the court or field until the game is complete. Play the game to completion.
It’s pretty simple.

1. Don’t rush the floor until the game is over.
2. Don’t run directly at opposing players.
3. Do not make any contact with opposing players.
4. Do not get into the faces of opposing players.
5. Do not instigate opposing players and present an obstacle for them to leave the court.

This will be stopped when some ill-tempered player jacks up some 5'8" kid who's taunting him, and the kid and his parents sue the school for "not protecting their good boy".

The universities will find ways to prevent court storming when their money is put in harms way.

It’s pretty simple.

1. Don’t rush the floor until the game is over.
2. Don’t run directly at opposing players.
3. Do not make any contact with opposing players.
4. Do not get into the faces of opposing players.
5. Do not instigate opposing players and present an obstacle for them to leave the court.
Yes, that's simple all right. But who is in charge of making it happen? The students themselves? The Secret Service?
OFC

This will be stopped when some ill-tempered player jacks up some 5'8" kid who's taunting him, and the kid and his parents sue the school for "not protecting their good boy".

The universities will find ways to prevent court storming when their money is put in harms way.

No it won't. A Nebraska football player absolutely lit a kid up after a Missouri game in the early 2000s

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Yes, that's simple all right. But who is in charge of making it happen? The students themselves? The Secret Service?
OFC
I’ve seen coaches themselves stop court storming. Coach k himself ran on the floor and told the crazies to get back in the stands. I actually thought wakes coach called a timeout to speak to the fans so they could let Duke off the floor. Nope. I also thought Duke staff should just take the 5 second call and go into locker room too though. If you had to forfeit the game for this, it would be stopped immediately by the way.

Reactions: Willcampbell
The university’s, the conferences, etc. pretty simple to identify students who break these logical rules.
Then why has nothing been done, if it's that easy? This stuff didn't just happen at Wake this week. It's been a long-time problem. I appreciate your interest and concern, but being all John Lennon about it won't really help. Is there any league wide, or NCAA, serious debate about this going on? Anything you know about, please share.
Respectfully,
OFC

Then why has nothing been done, if it's that easy? This stuff didn't just happen at Wake this week. It's been a long-time problem. I appreciate your interest and concern, but being all John Lennon about it won't really help. Is there any league wide, or NCAA, serious debate about this going on? Anything you know about, please share.
Respectfully,
OFC
Conf call supposedly today with the power 5 commissioners. I guess they invited the Pac 12 dude to be nice. Haven’t heard any reports Fining schools would cut back the frequency but wouldn’t be a magic bullet Some of these twenty yr old punks get a couple tall boys in em and it’s like an 18 pk for us grown men

It will eventually be stopped but it won’t be an injury that stops it. It will be a major brawl between a prominent team and a fanbase. Duke showed a lot of poise because that could have easily gotten uglier than what it was.

Ready to move on from this mess. Are we really a 19 point favorite tomorrow? I would cut that in half if Flip is a no go. From what I have read Flip is a game time decision and Foster will probably be out a few games. This team will need to learn how to win when not at full strength, which we almost never are. Of our rotation guys Young might be the only one who hasn't been injured the last 2 years.

Last edited:
Honestly I've always thought it says more about Wake as a program than anything that they always storm the court at Joel after beating Duke or Carolina. State has done it too but not nearly as much. Or maybe it's just I remember it so vividly growing up just outside Winston-Salem and going to many Duke vs Wake games over the years... my favorite was Duhon buzzer beater in 2001 in person.

Point is Wake has an inferiority complex far worse than State fans, and that's saying something. At least State won two nattys. Wake hasn't sniffed a Final Four since Billy Packer was in college...

Ready to move on from this mess. Are we really a 19 point favorite tomorrow? I would cut that in half if Flip is a no go. From what I have read Flip is a game time decision and Foster will probably be out a few games. This team will need to learn how to win when not at full strength, which we almost never are. Of our rotation guys Young might be the only one who hasn't been injured the last 2 years.
Good idea. Move on.
OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT