ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Gameball Duke vs. Utah State

Who gets the Gameball?

• Grayson "Slammin" Allen: 22pts - 5 reb - 2 ast - 1 stl - 1 blk

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Luuuuuke Kennard: 22 pts - 1 reb - 1 ast - 1 stl

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Amile "DY-NO-MITE" Jefferson : 13 pts (6-7) - 9 reb - 2ast - 2 stl - 2 blk (0 Fouls)

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Marshall "LAW" Plumlee - 9 pts (3-3) - 8 reb - 1 ast - 2 stl - 2 blk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Coach K

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Sorry about delay, I had family stuff and had to record the game. just finished watching. Solid performance by many players gives us a range of choices this time.

I voted for Grayson again just because of the all around game. He's hitting free throws at a J.J. Redick clip. OFC

I went with Luke! His shooting is coming around to go with the rest of game!

OFC

Grayson was terrific again and deserving. I voted for Luke because it was great to see him shake off that shooting slump and look like the scorer he is.

"Use the Force" Luke Kennard. I said a couple weeks ago he hasn't turned the ball over in 96 minutes. He shows up today and puts on a clinic! Move over Grayson here comes Luke. J/K about that last line. Grayson is still the man for the moment.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Grayson was great as usual, and Amile also. Maybe I'm just letting emotion get in the way of voting for one of those...but Luke was great, and he, this team, and us fans needed that type of game from him. So, in that spirit I'm going with Luke Duke. This game could catapult Luke.

OFC

Luke " at what I did" Kennard proved in this game what he is capable of. Keep watching for him to get more game balls and prove why we recruited him

Reactions: skysdad
Really great to see Luke find his touch, and love his all around game, but Grayson still gets my vote due to all around game.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Mentally I think Luke really needed this one. There was a thread last week where a poster said something like, and I'm paraphrasing, "we may need to wait until Luke's junior season before he's a big time contributor...." Well, that couldn't be further from the truth. If we have any chance of being really good this season, then Luke Kennard must absolutely be good.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Mentally I think Luke really needed this one. There was a thread last week where a poster said something like, and I'm paraphrasing, "we may need to wait until Luke's junior season before he's a big time contributor...." Well, that couldn't be further from the truth. If we have any chance of being really good this season, then Luke Kennard must absolutely be good.

I totally agree with this, DJ. There is no way Duke does any real damage unless Luke plays at a high level.
Grayson scoring 30 points is cool (and it's good to know he's capable), but if he's forced to try to score that many points consistently we're going to be in trouble. Need more balanced scoring, and Luke can really help in that department.

Well this one is hard because I feel it comes down to 3 players who had great games. Grayson is just knocking me dead with his rebounding numbers every freaking game. iN GENERAL YOU REALLY could just give him the gameball because he flat out had a fantastic game. Man he is good as a passer as well.

Amile was fantastic and set the tone for us on offense but also had a very good game on defense. I simply love watching when this guy plays with confidence, he's an incredible joy.

Luke was tremendous ad gave us a steady supply of points throughout the game.

Honestly, I gave it to Amile.

I went w/ Grayson for the overall game, but clearly Luke's breakout was the most exciting and promising (new) thing we saw. I also figured Luke would win the vote in a runaway, so I thought I'd keep it a little respectable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT