Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Hate late start games!

Duke romps to a much easier than expected victory.

I actually voted Amile because he had two great halves. But in reality, Brandon was the star of the show first half.

Several players were great (Matt, Amile, Grayson) and that is how you beat a Big 10 Team by 20, but I voted for Brandon. That was the player everyone has been waiting to see. He would have done even more damage if not for foul trouble.

Giving it to Ingram, but I want to take the time to say how much I freakin love the way Amile is playing. He is always in position for offensive rebounds and he has so much range on his back-to-the-basket pivot move, it is so smooth. He is definitely our glue guy.

I think it was the Utah St. game where the announcers were comparing him to Lance Thomas in the sense of "he may end up being as good as Lance Thomas" but he's not quite there yet. I think that's absurd. Lance averaged 5 and 5 his senior year and Amile is averaging 11 and 11.

Giving it to Ingram, but I want to take the time to say how much I freakin love the way Amile is playing. He is always in position for offensive rebounds and he has so much range on his back-to-the-basket pivot move, it is so smooth. He is definitely our glue guy.

I think it was the Utah St. game where the announcers were comparing him to Lance Thomas in the sense of "he may end up being as good as Lance Thomas" but he's not quite there yet. I think that's absurd. Lance averaged 5 and 5 his senior year and Amile is averaging 11 and 11.

Recency is king. They remember Lance's March and what he's doing in the league right now. It's funny, in March, Lance's numbers weren't huge, but his impact was.

I am with you though, Amile is seriously having an historic season for Duke. He will have a triple-double before it's all said and done. He has literally been the same solid player every game, and his spin move become as deadly as it was his high school senior year. I'm loving what Amile has been doing.

And think, there was a point where the assistants stopped recruiting Amile. K took back over after he didn't sign early and the rest is history.

I went Brandon just because I think he was starting to press and needed this game.

Hard to argue with a vote for Amile though too.

These polls are so damn hard this year...and that's great! Amile is so consistently good, Grayson...good gracious, Matt, etc., but Brandon was on a mission yesterday, so I go with BI.

OFC

It's surprising to me that Matt hasn't received a single vote yet. I went with Brandon, personally. He changed the momentum, and it was just good to see him have a breakout night.

Wow! I am guessing this is what we were expecting from Brandon! Wow -- made my head snap! His shot looks _effortless_.

Last edited:
I went with Brandon because what he did last night was totally unexpected points but so was the numbers of Matt. Amile plays so hard it would be easy to vote for him.

Now please stop the other team from easy layups.

I went with Brandon! If we can get this Brandon more often, this could be a very interesting year!

OFC

I voted for Ingram but it was a tough decision between him, Matt and Amile because they all played great.

This to me was the toughest one to pick yet, just because it was so close between three (3) players: Matt did an outstanding job running the point, scoring and playing defense; Amile was just really locked in, rebounding, assists (!); but since you should really just give the game ball to 1 player, I have to go with Brandon, he was on fire, and he really needed a game like this. The problem is Brandon, you will now be expected to do this every game!! :)
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT