ADVERTISEMENT

Other team's games

The key to beating the cheats is going to be limiting Davis' scoring...so we need to find that lock down defender who is willing to give up scoring to just lock him down. If we do that we have a chance...if we let him get off his shots then we are not going to win either. A good PG is a priceless commodity in CBB

Let's just be honest, we are not beating the Cheats. Can it happen? Of course it can but if we roll both teams out now, we are not winning. That's a 1 or 2 seed team vs a 6 seed type of team.

Reactions: pisgah101
Comparing Davis to anyone on our team is stupid
Go Heels! They will crush this pathetic excuse for a Duke basketball team. Woe is us. Boo hoo!

Better?

Last edited:
Go Heels! They will crush this pathetic excuse for a Duke basketball team. Woe is us. Boo hoo!

Better?
Nobody said that bleed jr but being an honest basketball observer isn’t that hard if you can take off the blue shade rainbow pumping glasses for a few minutes

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
we can beat them for sure, we have the talent. But it will require a change in how we have tried to play so far this season and I'm not sure we can, nor are we willing to change...thats a coaching decision

Reactions: Mac9192
Absolutely and we CAN beat them but they simply look better right now and that's the truth.
Any team with similar talent and no injuries is going to look better. It’s called chemistry and gelling. I thought we were getting there and then out goes Mitchell and Roach. That’s a huge adjustment to have to make. Proctor’s injury before that and were probably a good 3-4 weeks away from where we should be. We just have to be patient and yes the coaches are going to have to make some changes in their schemes.

Any team with similar talent and no injuries is going to look better. It’s called chemistry and gelling. I thought we were getting there and then out goes Mitchell and Roach. That’s a huge adjustment to have to make. Proctor’s injury before that and were probably a good 3-4 weeks away from where we should be. We just have to be patient and yes the coaches are going to have to make some changes in their schemes.
Again, as I've said twice before, we CAN beat them. I believe we will be fine. Simply saying as of today they are the better team and you really can't argue that. It's January 23rd so being patient has a short shelf life.

Nobody said that bleed jr but being an honest basketball observer isn’t that hard if you can take off the blue shade rainbow pumping glasses for a few minutes
Here's the honest numbers. Roach's shooting percentages are higher on 2 pointers (51.9% vs 46.9%) and 3 pointers (45.3% vs 41.7%). Davis scores more because he shoots more, a lot more. Roach would average over 20 ppg if he shot as much as Davis.

I think you're selling Roach short. He's Duke's most consistent player and MVP so far this year.

Sorry to crash the pity party. I'll send over a bottle of whine to your table. Cheers.

I'll never forget Curry taking 5 steps before his made 3, and Plumlee shoving Zeller in the back to create an own goal.

I certainly hope the refs don't help you guys out as much in this year's rivalry games.
Of course you would think that, but those are not true. Curry didn't take 5 steps and it's nonsense that you think Plumlee got away with a push in the back. I guess you don't want many UNC games, Bacot gets away with all kinds of push offs and doesn't get called. That's a crock.

I'll never forget Curry taking 5 steps before his made 3, and Plumlee shoving Zeller in the back to create an own goal.

I certainly hope the refs don't help you guys out as much in this year's rivalry games.
Bacot has committed close to 50 over-the-back fouls in the rivalry games over his 7-year career at UNC...so i think we are even

So, is he mediocre too? Since I am mediocre and my opinions are mediocre.

You guys want a non Duke fan to be banned, and use 14 as a comparison? Are y’all being serious?
This Chapelle poster is a tar hole fan, big deal. He hasn’t done anything but disagree. Now 14? There were hardly any civil debates with him. He almost always (99.8%) resorted to personal attacks.

You guys want a non Duke fan to be banned, and use 14 as a comparison? Are y’all being serious?
This Chapelle poster is a tar hole fan, big deal. He hasn’t done anything but disagree. Now 14? There were hardly any civil debates with him. He almost always (99.8%) resorted to personal attacks.
I don't miss him. And I'm sure the majority of the people who post here don't, either. He was an ass.

Still salty huh??? You guys have had Lite Blue officials since the days of Lenny Wirtz and Dick Paparo. The modern day zebra trio of Cheaters lovers consists of Roger Ayers, Jamie Lucky and of course "TV Teddy,"(Ted Valentine).

OFC

Here's the honest numbers. Roach's shooting percentages are higher on 2 pointers (51.9% vs 46.9%) and 3 pointers (45.3% vs 41.7%). Davis scores more because he shoots more, a lot more. Roach would average over 20 ppg if he shot as much as Davis.

I think you're selling Roach short. He's Duke's most consistent player and MVP so far this year.

Sorry to crash the pity party. I'll send over a bottle of whine to your table. Cheers.

Didn’t know the numbers thanks for that.

Very creative with your usage of whine though I give you props for that! Cheers back at ya

Again, as I've said twice before, we CAN beat them. I believe we will be fine. Simply saying as of today they are the better team and you really can't argue that. It's January 23rd so being patient has a short shelf life.
I never have argued that. I’m just not panicking like some are here after missing two starters last game.

I did? When? You struck a nerve when you called people “spoiled” that’s stupid. I should call you show jr that’s the kinda bull he liked to say, too
It is being spoiled to expect the same results as K from Jon in year two, and a lot of our fanbase has overreacted big time on social media and some here, too. I don't think I was out of line.

• Haha
Reactions: pisgah101
It is being spoiled to expect the same results as K from Jon in year two, and a lot of our fanbase has overreacted big time on social media and some here, too. I don't think I was out of line.
We’re a spoiled bunch. Duke Basketball has been great for a majority of our lifetimes. It’s tough to watch them struggle even the slightest. But 200 other schools would be glad to suffer our kind of struggles.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I didn't see many people panicking- but it was a valid reason to be concerned. Even down two starters just not a game they should have lost at home. It was a bad loss- no way around it but you move on.
The presence of Jeremy Roach is criminally under-appreciated. We saw it in the Pitt loss and again last night. Duke went up 38-20 after he twisted his ankle and hit the two FTs. For the remainder of the game, Louisville outscored Duke. Edey is hands-down the most important player for his team. Roach is on the short list behind him.

The presence of Jeremy Roach is criminally under-appreciated. We saw it in the Pitt loss and again last night. Duke went up 38-20 after he twisted his ankle and hit the two FTs. For the remainder of the game, Louisville outscored Duke. Edey is hands-down the most important player for his team. Roach is on the short list behind him.
I really hope that Roach would consider coming back for his Covid year. I definitely understand him probably wanting to move on, but he would be lethal next year.

I really hope that Roach would consider coming back for his Covid year. I definitely understand him probably wanting to move on, but he would be lethal next year.
Would love to see it.

I dont disagree there. Roach is such an important piece and I would never disagree. The Pitt loss at home was bad and thats the truth.

We’re a spoiled bunch. Duke Basketball has been great for a majority of our lifetimes. It’s tough to watch them struggle even the slightest. But 200 other schools would be glad to suffer our kind of struggles.
Exactly! Jon is 41-13 in his first two seasons. K was 27-30. Some of you may not have even been around when K was hired, but I can only imagine what would’ve been said. Koach would’ve had a field day.

Regardless @ssclown, you are up double digits late, you shouldn't lose that game. Cause Duke made Zeller not put his hands up till late vs Rivers.

And three-point shooters get happy feet and travel constantly on 3's. And Flip is getting killed all season, so f off.

Exactly! Jon is 41-13 in his first two seasons. K was 27-30. Some of you may not have even been around when K was hired, but I can only imagine what would’ve be now.en said. Koach would’ve had a field day.
Amen. We got creamed last year at Wake, at State, and at Miami. That has not happened. We lost to Zona in MM first game back from injury (a national contender), Arkansas at their super bowl, at GT in a game they shot ridiculously good early and we still shoulda won down a starter, and a Pitt team where we housed them at their place and was a quad 1 win (yes we shoulda won but it was far from a bad loss) and down 2 starters.

Under Scheyer, we have won our last 22 games when leading at the half. Do you know how many of those we trailed in the second half?. Two. TWO. Duke really is not that far off from 17-1 right now. Would you rather be UK who just got b-slapped by the Cocks?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT