ADVERTISEMENT

Other team's games

Maquette's defense is impressive but Purdue's offense to beat it is even more impressive...quite the game..Edey the difference in the end. Both are quality teams

Last edited:
The Maui Classic was final four quality. Marquette, Purdue, Tennessee and Gonzaga.

Last edited:
Zebras stepped up, put NIU in foul trouble quickly in 2nd half.

Hitting 9 of their first 11 3's in the second half probably had more to do with it than the officiating. I think the whistle kept us in it more in the first half than the 2nd, we were very fortunate to be down only 6 at halftime, and I was having flashbacks about last year. The jury is still out mind you, but at least the 2nd half yesterday was encouraging for Heels fans.

Zebras stepped up, put NIU in foul trouble quickly in 2nd half.
For the record, it's UNI. NIU = Northern Illinois University. Fun fact:
both schools are known for strong accounting programs.

I still think Bacots ugly mug scares the opponent enough to give them the edge. It still scares me to this day every time I see it after his 7th year at UNcheat.

Shaping up to be a pretty good top 10 or so this year....very entertaining games and very competitive basketball. Should be a fun season.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
In before the jinx post- Carolina is down to nova!!! 3-0 let’s go!

On a serious note- AZ vs MSU today will be interesting. What makes us look better an MSU win or AZ??

So UNC has what 7 transfers. Is that going to be yearly? I suppose a couple can stay 2 years.
The new OAD.

Nova takes lead by attacking the basket. Then? They shoot contested 3’s and miss on 4 of 5 possessions 😂

My favorite thing to do is read old man Gary’s game stuff threads when unc loses. Called Villanova thug ball 😂 you think he’s ever seen bacot rebound before? All he knows how to do is push off 😂😂😂
Thug ball had me dying lol, he has ignored bacot pushing off for the 16 years he’s been at unc

Thug ball had me dying lol, he has ignored bacot pushing off for the 16 years he’s been at unc
I had to do it, pasting Gary’s tirade. Enjoy this masterpiece!!

...and welcome back to rewarding the goons.

This will be short, to wit:
I'll start with the one consolation we can take moving forward, i.e., literally EVERYTHING had to go their way in order to eke out an OT win, e.g.:

- us making unforced mistakes --- silly TOs, missing chippies, not making our normal FT pct

- us not finishing and/or not controlling rebounds thru the (CONSTANT and predicatble) hard contact

- them getting a ridiculous number of FTs, and making a ridiculous pct of those FTs

- incompetent and yes, one-sided "officiating", inventing fouls on us while enabling them to travel (hell, #43 did it twice in the same possession more than once, and pulled off a piece de resistance 4-step paint finish) and commit offensive fouls pretty much at will, yet get to the line that ridiculous number of times.

BUT finally..... the ultimate factor was totally on US. The strategic approach to try to physically match up with them was ultimately counterproductive and played right into their hands. These guys were screaming to be SPED UP!!! They are NOT quick and are not especially good passers and the few times we did pressure them they did not respond well. Instead, we played at THEIR tempo (only 10 dadgummed transition points all game!) rather than forcing ours.

Anyway, all I can say is that while I'm thankful nobody associated with that program will ever coach here --- I'd prolly gouge my own eyes out rather than watch that fugly thug-ball --- I nonetheless just don't get letting them do their iso back-ins over and over (and over), when a healthy dose of 42 and 32 would've ruined their damned day...
:rolleyes:

I like how he blames the loss on turnovers and not getting rebounds. Yes that usually happens when you get beat.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Tennessee plays at chapel hole in the challenge. Refs will be ready. The holes will shoot 50 free throws and win by 6.

The good thing Mac is that Unc will be welcoming an unhappy TN squad who lost 2 straight to Purdue and Kansas, so the vols should be plenty motivated to give Unc a beating. Based off the game Unc had against Villanova, Unc seems very soft, I think the Vols win by 15+ on Wednesday night.

Arkansas really isn’t that good. I know Duke faces them at their place, but they should still win by 10.

44 as long as Duke doesn’t take Arkansas lightly, I agree the Blue Devils should win on Wednesday night by at least 12-15 points. Arkansas gets after it defensively, but their offense against Memphis and Unc looked very poor. Unfortunately, Arkansas stud play maker, Mark got severely injured at the end of the game against Unc today. If he is unable to play on Wednesday things look more dim for Arkansas on Wednesday night.

Prayers Mark from Arkansas makes a quick and full recovery!!! I hate when players get injured.

phew, glad you corrected that. No one knew what I was saying lol
Hence the preface: “For the record…”

Hope you enjoyed the Southern Illinois game today. Next up are Arkansas State and University of Georgia.

Go Duquesne!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hence the preface: “For the record…”

Hope you enjoyed the Southern Illinois game today. Next up are Arkansas State and University of Georgia.

Go Duquesne!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ahhhh, your point just further solidifies my sarcasm. Thank you!

Just glad you didn’t “for the record” my Screaming Crows post. People were straight confused. 😘

After 4 years of happy feet hansblow and the worst officiated game i have ever seen in cheats-Duke football this year, good! The cheats sold its soul and I hope for all time they are officially f'd by the officials. Their fans whining after the cheats State game yesterday was heavenly

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Might want to keep an eye on Kentucky they just curb stomped Miami.
Syracuse over LSU; Cuse backcourt looks good.
Ole Miss beats NC State
Clemson leads Alabama.

Kansas almost lost at home to a 38.5-point underdog. They pulled away at the end. But it was a 3-5 pt game for most of the last ten minutes.

UK smoked Miami without a bunch of their better players...maybe a bad night for miami but impressive none the less

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT